“I go every time I'm in the area”
Review of Yamato

Yamato
Cuisines: Japanese
Fayetteville, Georgia
“I go every time I'm in the area”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

A friend took me to this restaurant the first time I was in the area and I absolutely loved it. Now every time I am there (about 3 times a year), we go to Yamato's at least once. We always go for the Teppan, and request a small table rather than sitting at the large ones. The atmosphere is great, the food is excellent and although it is not cheap, you get a lot of food for the money. Not once have I left feeling hungry. However I have not tried the sushi bar, so cannot comment on the value there.

• Visited October 2013

Coarsegold, California
“Love this place!”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Yamato has some of the best sushi in the valley that I have had. Their prices are very good and with the Teppan-Yaki, Sushi Bar, Restaurant & Bar area all seperate it is a wonderful place to walk into and determine how to eat. Be careful on Dinners during the weekend though, reservations will be necessary if you have a group of 2 or more unless you want sushi bar.

• Visited March 2013
Salem, Oregon
“Love Teppan Cooking”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

The Teppan cooking here is excellent, but they also have sushi & a more standard Japanese cuisine menu if that's not your thing. Prices are average to a bit above average for this type of restaurant.

Visited March 2013
Valencia, Ca
“Want to feel rushed.”
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

We eat here occasionally, and its just on the spur of the moment. The food quanity has decreased and the pressure to order the second you sit is immense. We like to unwind and enjoy a glass of wine and edemame before we order. The fried rice is my favorite as the other menu items are always the same, only smaller portions. The interior could use a good cleaning as it is starting to smell of very old oil and almost musty. I personally like Kisho better, but you also get the bums rush there, even though their food taste better, my wife likes this place as it is close to home.
I look forward to going to Vancouver BC and eating in Gyu King for great teppan.

“sushi!”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

good food great price. quick and easy for lunch to go. sushi bar could be replenished more often when dining at the sushi bar. definitely a place I recommend.