“Do not stay there”

Puerto Nuevo Baja Hotel & Villas
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Puerto Nuevo
Reviewed January 3, 2012

Was there on the 31st of December. On checking after showing my reservation was told i had to pay again due to my online payment on their website was only to hold the room, i did pay again and then was given a room in their new remodeled area (old newport hotel they just purchased) i was taken to the room...it look like motel six 29.95 room, no ocean view, hidden, dark.. what a horrible place, 2 beds, nothing of what i had reserved on line.. had to go a complain, then finally was given a room in the actual resort, got to the room and guess what? no ocean view! when the people next door open the faucet in their bathroom the noise was loud coming from the wall. Very bad..i then went to the from desk and ask for my money back. Was told that was the room i had reserve and they can show me the picture in the internet. I then said "then why in the first place you gave me the room in the new remodel area which had nothing to do with the pic? they just trying to screw me over.. when i ask for my refund they told me to go to a webside univisit.com... if you go there is nothing but marketing for hotels, they refused to cedit my credit card. The name of the person doing this is Eduardo Gallardo.. very bad service.. it was certanly not a Happy New Year. Will not stay at this hotel. Not only they chage me 2 times but i hope i can get my money back.. Do not stay there choose one of the other resorts. And be aware they purchased the New port next door and they were packing everyone in that hotel which looks nothing like a resort. Lies and deceiving customer will not take you any where!

Room Tip: Rip off Do not stay there!!!
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank c c

Reviewed October 12, 2011

Long wait to check in-only one person working
Parking lots and interior road-upaved
All rooms except expensive ocean view rooms face free road and toll road-VERY noisy
Room has zero amentities
Room in serious need of maintenace and upgrading
Dirty and cracked sink, broken shower window, non-working blinds, non-working lights
Bizarre room-large with furniture but no TV outside bedroom and no facilities so not sure what you need couch and kitchen table for
Tiny TV in bed area (which is surrounded by strange stucco wall) with one English channel and no reception
Whole "resort" area run down and in need of help

The only positive is location (within walking to Puerto Nuevo)

This is hardly "Grand" or a "Resort". It is below a Motel 6. I will not stay again.

Room Tip: Pay the extra and stay at Rosarito Beach Hotel or Los Rocas nearby
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank esq007007
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Eduardo went above and beyond to make sure our visit was a pleasant experience. The massage in the Spa was excellent.The area where all the lobster restaurants are located was about a 2 minute walk. The hotel has free Wi-Fi in the lobby.The grounds are well maintained and the ocean view is beautiful. I did not use the pool but it was immaculate and inviting.The staff is extremely helpful and polite.The Sunday breakfast buffet was extensive with numerous selections to choose from - Come hungry - lots of food and fresh fruit. The hotel is very peaceful and you can choose to walk the beautiful grounds or just sit under a tree and read a book or go down and walk along the ocean. The hotel also has tennis courts if you want to play a game. This is not a new hotel but the rooms are very clean and the windows are spotless so you can enjoy the views of the ocean and the grounds.

Room Tip: Top floor has ocean view and overlooks grounds
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Candee B
Reviewed August 29, 2011

We stayed there for 2 nights for a friend's wedding at the Resort, and my Girlfriend and I were put on the southernmost block of rooms, which looked dirty and in serious need of some TLC, the room itself needed some paint, and the bathroom had rust stains on sink, toiled and tub. The tub had a sign warning you that it takes about 5 minutes for the hot water to come out, but we waited almost 20 minutes and never had hot water.

The next morning, we mentioned this to the staff, and they moved us to a different block which looked like it was recently worked on, the room was better looking and the bathroom was neat. But the windows have no protective screen, so watch out for insects flying in...

It's a 3-5 minute walk to Puerto Nuevo's restaurant area, which is very convenient. But they do not have a 24-hour Front Desk staff... I had to check out at 6am, and waited 30 minutes calling the front desk and securty, with no answer. Until a security officer to showed up and help us check out...

It is far from a 5-Star Resort, but it's good for value for your buck, the staff is very friendly and they will do anything in their power to make your stay pleasant.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Pianojazzman
Reviewed June 16, 2011

Forget the whining anal nonsense about run down, dirty, etc. I go there 4 or 5 times a year with my wife. We always have a wonderful time. It's a very short walk into the main part of Puerto Nuevo (maybe 3 minutes) and I have never experienced any problems of any kind here. True, it is not a 5 star resort, but for the money, I think it represents good value.

We have always found the staff welcoming, helpful, and efficient. We switched to the Grand Baja Resort after the hotel we used to stay at in Rosarita changed ownership, and in my opinion went downhill.

I am heading down again next week, and expect to have a wonderful time as always.

Room Tip: Book in advance to take advantage of any discount.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Harbormonster
Reviewed April 18, 2011

When we first got there, the room they gave us was dirty, had a death bird on the bedroom and bird poop, so they moved us several times I was not satisfied with the rooms, because when I booked my weekend it was a nice condo what I paid for, so don't let the pictures fool you. That Friday when we got there, we left our stuff on the condo and went to the Jacuzzi, the next morning three of us were missing money from our wallets, only one friend that hide his wallet had his money complete. We knew it happened at this hotel because we exchange some dollars to pesos, so we counted our money, besides that we went straight to the hotel we didn't spend nothing. I complained with the front desk guy, but obviously they couldn't do anything about it, because they don't know who was it and they're employees have been working there for the longest, so we ended up lossing around $150 dlls. That means no privacy at all, we were robbed.

Room Tip: No privacy; they robbed us while we were at pool
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank lorenza27
Reviewed November 20, 2010

My hubby and I had the best mini vacation at The Gran Baja Resort. it was the perfect getaway. We got an amazing deal off their website iit consisted of a Lobster dinner for two, massage for two, ocean view room for just $99.00 the room was so pretty. the views just to die for!! as i said before just the perfect getaway for a celebration of our anniversary.
I just want to say thank you to all the employees there. They were courteous and frendly.
We will definetly come here again!! Great acomodations!!
Thank you Grand Baja!!! A very satisfied guest!!

Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
#8 of 14 in Rosarito
Hyatt Place Tijuana
Hyatt Place Tijuana
#1 of 45 in Tijuana

Been to Puerto Nuevo Baja Hotel & Villas? Share your experiences!