This island is a little out of the way, but well worth the effort. There are direct flights from St. Vincent and Barbados,and as soon as you land in the airport, you know you are someplace special. They picked us up in an air-conditioned van from the airport (if you stay a week in a suite they send a private airplane) with cool, mint scented towels and ice cold bottled water. From then on it was first class all the way.
What made Canouan different from other resorts is that it didn't have a resort feel. It is definitely boutique and not cookie cutter. Yes, the villas were exquisite and the facilities were top notch. But it was the people who made us feel at home. We felt loved and pampered from the moment we arrived. Whether you are in a private villa or a hotel guest, you receive the same unparalleled service and food.
Canouan is very romantic. The turn down service makes it really special with all the fresh flowers on the beds at night. The massage in glass-bottom huts over the water is a don't miss..Although we came as a family, I left feeling like my husband and I had a second honeymoon and our son fell in love with Kid's Club staff who kept him very well entertained. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone who is getting married or as a honeymoon destination.
Canouan is also breathtakingly beautiful. Completely unspoiled. Very private and an eco-tourist's dream. The oceans abound with turtles, rays and flying fish. Land tortoises are everywhere. The resort has small private villas nestled in a natural tropical setting with beautiful views. Each room or villa comes with a golf cart to tool around the resort in. No matter what activity we returned from, the staff always had our carts relocated for us so they were always available.
The food was also amazing. What isn't native to the island or caught locally, they grow on site hydroponically. The restaurant is Italian but they have a different theme and menu every night. We loved the Caribbean night. Breakfast is served on the terrace and lunch down at the beach or up at the casino.
I can't recommend this place enough. We will be back and we love you, Canouan!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Canouan Estate showcases a unique collection of stand alone villas and residences on a 1200 acre estate that benefit from access to hotel services offered by the The Pink Sands Club. The collection currently includes 14 Canouan Estate Residences which feature similar styles and views of the lagoon and vary from 2 - 8 Bedrooms, and 3 Canouan Estate Villas, which are larger homes and all feature unique designs. Located on Canouan Island in heart of The Grenadines, it is surrounded by one of the world's largest coral reefs. Foremost features include four restaurants, 8 beaches, Trump International Golf Club (World's Top 10 "Best Golf Courses") and the renowned Sanskrit rooted over-water spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire and Hotels.com so you can book your Canouan Estate Villas & Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Canouan Resort At Carenage Bay - The Grenadines Hotel Canouan
- Raffles Resort Canouan
- Raffles Hotel Canouan Island
- Canouan Estate Villas & Residences St. Vincent And The Grenadines