“Simple, Clean and Close to Town”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Culebra
Villa Fulladoza Guest House
League City, Texas
“Simple, Clean and Close to Town”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

I gave this guest house a very good rating b/c it does not pretend to be something it is not. It is definitely clean; right on the bay and breathtaking views of the surroundings. We stayed in room #7 for 3 nights and enjoyed it. Quiet and unassuming-no AC and no TV. Big grill on the premises and very close (walking distance) to a very good restaurant-Dinghy Dock. Kitchen with everything (including starter condiments); a small ice cooler to take to the beach. One negative-the walls must be paper thin-could easily hear the neighbors coughing and talking. Also, our ceiling fan was so loud it reminded us of the propellers on the little plane we took from San Juan to Culebra! But it did turn out some wind! We weren't in the room much. Highly recommend renting a golf cart to see the island and go to the various beaches.

Room Tip: Rooms 6 & 7 have the best front views of the bay and surrounding hills
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Meander48

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
St. Petersburg, FL
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Simple, homey guest house on the bay. The furnishings are simple, but the units do have full kitchens. Everything was sparkling clean. No AC, but none needed because of the amazing sea breezes blowing most of the time. Lots of the guests here are regulars, returning year after year; it's that kind of place. Location is great; 5 minute walk to groceries, restaurants, etc. and right on the bay; your water taxi can pick you up on the dock. Myrna is super helpful, too. As long as simple lodgings work for you, this place can't be beat!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank suzinstpete
villafulladozaculebr, Manager at Villa Fulladoza Guest House, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Thank you so much!
Springfield, Virginia
Reviewed January 25, 2014

We had a wonderful stay at Villa Fulladoza for 3 nights. It was so wonderful, in fact, that we tried to alter the rest of our trip so we could stay longer! Alas, we were unable to do so, so we will just plan on coming back again in the near future. The apartments are basic, but they are clean and have everything you need. Having the option to cook and even just chill water/drinks was so great. The patio/dock area was a great place to meet other guests and enjoy the lovely views. Myrna was extremely helpful and very friendly. Our only real complaint was the roosters waking us up so early, but that just gave us an early start to the day so we could hit the beaches before everyone else :) We can't wait to come back sometime!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lindsey W
villafulladozaculebr, Manager at Villa Fulladoza Guest House, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Hi thanks for your review. We just ordered a have a heart cage to catch the rooster. So he should be gone by the time you return. Myrna
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Villa Fulladoza is perfect!!!
We were lucky enough to stay there for 5 nights, in a bright, clean, spacious room with incredible views out over the bay and the fresh breeze blowing through our windows all day and night.
It is just close enough to Dewey Town that you can walk in less than 5 minutes, but just far enough that you hear nothing but the lapping waters and the wind.
The kitchen had all we needed and we cooked in most nights. We ate out on the deck, under the wonderful shady palm trees and lounged on the dock during the day.
It was GREAT value for money.
Myrna was a wonderful host and we plan to return!

Room Tip: The rooms on the top floor facing the water would be best
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank milesmad
Reviewed January 2, 2014

This is our second trip in 2013 to Culebra and this time we tried Villa Fulladoza based on the recommendation of a couple of locals from our last trip; we were not sorry!
We returned yesterday from 7 nights at Fulladoza and were very happy with everything there! Thank you to Myrna (who we never met, but was so pleasant and helpful over the phone before we got there) and Lisa!
This place offers an island feel with basic accommodations, spotlessly clean, full kitchen, large communal deck, and incredible views! You cannot beat it!
The neighbors can be noisy but we were there between Christmas and New Years so the festive feeling was expected. Though there was no a/c (and it is not needed; the 2 ceiling fans, extra floor fan and tropical breezes were plenty to keep us cool!), we might have turned it on one night only to drown out the talking next door that went on very, very late (or should I say early since the roosters started as they went in to bed!). Being there during one of the busiest weeks of the year, we are not complaining; people are there to enjoy vacation and Culebra is a great place to do it!
Fulladoza's terrific location allows you to easily walk to town for restaurants and groceries. We enjoyed cooking breakfast "home" every morning on our balcony and the kitchen had everything we needed! We rented a golf cart to get to beaches and had no trouble parking in front.
Just a couple of things: If you want clean sheets, you can simply write a note, pin it outside the office door and they magically appear for you to change your bed. Thankfully, there is a broom and dust pan because I definitely swept at least once/day with the fine powdery sand we dragged in! As for the free wifi, I never could load it on my ipad, but who cares? Culebra is definitely a place to come to and relax; no wifi turned out to be a good thing! This is not a resort, so byo shampoo, cream rinse, blow dryer, etc. They don't supply the amenities here, but you don't pay for them either! I appreciate that!
I would definitely stay here again and have already recommended Villa Fulladoza to co-workers, friends and family! Thank you so much!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Chatham
villafulladozaculebr, Manager at Villa Fulladoza Guest House, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Thank you Next time I make a brochure I will have to look you up. Your discription was on the money. Of course it is definitely noisier on special occasions but I personally make it my business not to have the noise coming from Fulladoza. Fortunately we hardly ever have neighbors.
Sorry I missed you. Like you said it was really busy and I was responsible for a few properties Maybe the next time
Myrna
london
Reviewed December 27, 2013

As others have said, don't expect luxury apartments, they are clean, functional, multi-colored apartments. We had a room upstairs with the door opening onto a balcony overlooking the bay which was an amazing view. We had a full kitchen which we found handy to make our own breakfasts.

It was quite windy while we were there and for some reason it sounds lot worse inside the apartment than outside it but wasn't a problem, just amusing.

We could just about get the free wifi from our balcony which was useful to, location was 5 minutes from the "town centre" which was convenient.

My only two negatives were we didn't actually see or meet anyone at check in or during our stay until the last day, so if there were any issues we would have to have phoned them which not being from the States would mean an international call so I feel that could be handled a little better, as well as letting us know about cleaning/fresh linen. We were there 4 days so no problems with it not being cleaned etc but again there was just no communication from the hotel letting us know the policy and had we been there any longer a quick vacuum etc. would not have gone amiss.

Those are only minor gripes, overall it was good value for money and we enjoyed our stay at Villa Fulladoza and on Culebra!

Room Tip: We had upstairs facing the ocean which I think were most expensive but great views, other rooms also...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lah1308
villafulladozaculebr, Manager at Villa Fulladoza Guest House, responded to this review, December 28, 2013
I'm awfully sorry we did not meet. This is not usual. I just became a grandmother and my daughter needed my services during the week and came over on weekends. I thought I had covered my responsibilities with my help. I always am a phone call away. Of course your not having a local phone was a glitch . I wish you would of left a note. Our apts do not have housekeeping but towels and sheets are available on request. Each apt has a broom and dustpan. We always try and meet requests. Our employee pool is very limited and so most of the rentals do not have housekeeping during your stay in Culebra. I recommend people that do not have a local phone to buy a $30. Trac phone it will definitely make their travels easier.
Monterey County
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I had a fabulous and relaxing stay at Villa Fulladoza. I almost didn't want to write a review... I want to keep this place all to myself... Muahahaha! The place is super funky-colored, which I really enjoyed. I've stayed at some seriously luxury vacation rentals in Playa del Carmen Mexico, Mahahual Mexico and Vieques PR. This place is not like those places in terms of luxury, but for what you are getting in location, basic necessities, views, amenities, and price... this place cannot be beat. When I'm researching for a vacation, I spend hours and hours to find the right place at the right price, and this place was it. We were so close to many great establishments (Dinghy Dock, Pan Deli, Susie's, El Eden) that we mostly walked, only really using our rental jeep to sight-see, grocery shop and go to beaches. We had a nice large refrigerator, everything was clean, hot water for showers, there was some dish soap and paper-towels we could use and we could pick up extra TP near the office when we needed it. We used the communal BBQ one night, we had Captain Sebastian pick us up from our very own Fulladoza dock to spend a day on Culebrita, and the view of the bay from that dock area was so gorgeous... the sunsets were incredible! We even met another younger couple in the unit next to ours and ended up taking the hike to Carlos Rosario beach with them to relax and snorkel. I can't rate Villa Fulladoza more highly. For as little as a week (which was the length of our stay) we loved it, and would actually love to come back and stay at this place for a month (which would actually be pretty affordable to do). If you need luxury, I wouldn't recommend staying here... but you'll have to pay AT LEAST 4 times what you'll pay here, on Culebra for luxury accommodations. If you want a calm, quiet, beautiful, convenient location, with every basic necessity, you must stay here. Thank you Myrna!! :)

Room Tip: I only saw the inside of two units. I don't think you can go wrong with any unit here. As always...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TravelLover93923
villafulladozaculebr, Manager at Villa Fulladoza Guest House, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Thank you so much for a wonderful review.
We prefer not to advertise since it's so expensive . Actually positive reviews from our guests work out to be much better. Thanks again.
Myrna
Also consider these accommodations in or near Culebra
Club Seabourne
#4 of 19 in Culebra
Mamacitas Guest House
Mamacitas Guest House
#11 of 19 in Culebra

Been to Villa Fulladoza Guest House? Share your experiences!