All reviews communal kitchens close to the airport golf cart home away from home grocery store common areas in town susan beaches snorkel rental jeep
Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and i went to culebra this past weekend to celebrate my birthday... I was so happy with the way susan received us at her house and took her time to explain everything to us about our room and about where we should go to eat. The room was perfect for a couple it had a big badroom and a little fridge that was really usefull at night u can prepare your own snak and tea cause otside the room it has a big kitchen with all you need and during the morning we had susans homemade scones for the first time!!! Susan and her husband were really nice and they make a great team managing their business... And i had so much fun at culebra for my birthday like i expected it was a great time!!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2013

If you're heading to Culebra, then you're likely not looking for a resort-type experience. In my estimation, even staying in a nice hotel seems a bit gauche for an island as subtle and unspoiled as Culebra. So, if you're doing it right, and looking for a quaint hideaway tucked right into the island's subdued charms, then the Palmetto Guesthouse is an ideal option. It's a brisk walk to any of the island's fine eating and drinking establishments, and the hospitality is stellar. The rooms themselves are nothing to rave about, but hey, we didn't go to Culebra for five-star sleeping quarters. We went for a quiet, romantic weekend and a chance to see one of earth's most captivating beaches, Playa Flamenco, which it absolutely was. Enjoy!

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Clarencethe5th
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

I just stayed with my boyfriend for the weekened and another couple friends of ours and we had a Great time. The hotel is cozy and quaint, and the owner Susan makes you feel right at home. It's great that they provide free snorkel gear!!! Also Fresh coffee and delicious scones homemade every morning! I will recommend this guest house to anyone wanting to stay @ paradise without paying much $$$.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Glenda R
Reviewed October 3, 2013

The owners of the house live in the second floor and they have around 5 rooms for rent in the first. Susan is very kind and she explained patiently where to eat, and what to do in Culebra during our stay.

The rooms are comfortable, the house has 2 kitchens where we can had breakfast and cook something quick. Fridges are available if you want to keep some food or drinks cold and there´s a nice living room where to read and watch some TV. The stay is very nice, it feels like been in home for a while.

Room Tip: Any room seem to be similar. We stayed in "Bouganvillea" and it was nice because it's at the end of the house, which gives you more privacy.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife and I had the opportunity to visit Culebra and stay with the Moran's. Susan was extremely organized and efficient and we felt very much at home. Our room and bathroom were very nicely decorated and clean. The coffee and scones in the morning were a very nice touch. Susan gave excellent recommendations and was readily available in person or by text. We were even allowed to borrow snorkeling gear free of charge which was very generous. We will absolutely be back again and highly recommend this Guesthouse for the price and location.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
GuesthousePalmetto, Owner at Palmetto Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Thank you for your review, it was a pleasure having you stay with us. We will look forward to you re-visiting us and our gorgeous island again in the future. We have to say you were great guests and Paul and I enjoyed meeting you. Susan.