Casita Tropical
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Culebra
See available hotels
Hotel Kokomo(Culebra)
  • Free Internet
  • Beachfront
  • Breakfast included
Bravo Beach Hotel(Isla de Vieques)
El Blok Hotel(Esperanza)
  • Breakfast included
Malecon House(Isla de Vieques)
View Hotel
Hacienda Tamarindo(Isla de Vieques)
View Hotel
All reviewsscreened in porchsmall efficiencysnorkeling gearsea turtlesrent a golf cartbeach towelsprivate bathfruit treesking bedtamarindo beachthe entire islandsatellite tvmollyneighborscasitaaccommodationsbeaches
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 30, 2011

This guesthouse is great for so many reasons. The free bikes (you can pedal your way around the island easily!) The free snorkel gear (ask Molly the best place to snorkel). But most of all what made this stand out to us was Molly. She is VERY friendly and seems to know everyone on the island. She knows the best place to swim and snorkel and knows just how to get you there. Without Molly this guesthouse would just be average. Thank you Molly for picking us up at the ferry! Thanks for letting us ride the bikes around the island. That was a lot of fun and a great way to meet people! If I could change anything I would have just stayed there for my entire vaca instead of heading back to the "big island" and staying at a guesthouse that was not nearly as wonderful! You told us how to get to Tamarindo Beach and that was one of the highlights for us. The snorkeling there was just amazing!
Get some coco frio right across the street for only $1!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank njfults
Reviewed July 9, 2011

First off - Molly thank you so much! It was a fantastic weekend! Wish we could have stayed longer. Molly picked us up from the ferry - even though it came in really late. Then stopped by the store for us before we got to the Casita, so we could have something to drink, then she gave us leftovers that a neighbor had brought by as we were tired and hungry. Amazing! On top of that she provided us with comfortable accommodations at a great price. Not far away from the beach or town. You can walk to both, ride a bike or rent transportation. The beaches in Culebra are amazing, the people friendly and it was paradise. I will be back! Loved it!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank angcatky
Reviewed July 7, 2011

My husband and I booked one of the rooms in the casita for 4 nights in July. We fell in love with Culebra and Molly, who owns Casita Tropical! And her adorable kitten, Lily. :) We lucked out and had amazing couples renting the other rooms, and our time there was a blast. We were fortunate enough to have Molly cook for us one night -red snapper, dorado, coleslaw, breadfruit from the yard, and a delicious cake for dessert. It was one of the girl's birthday, and our 1st anniversary, so it was a special occasion. I don't want you to think this is included, it was just a great bonus, and a wonderful example of her generousity and warmth. The room is perfect if you don't need resort style accomodations. Great bed, bathroom, and small kitchen with a shared porch (and stove/sink). Molly has the best advice about which beach to go to when and which restaurant is best that day. We loved Barbara Rosa (BYOB) - it's like eating in someone's home. We rented a VW Thing from Dick, who is a great guy. You need something to get around, and the jeeps, golf carts, and Things run about $45 a day. Zoni Beach was our favorite, and the snorkelling at Tamarindo was amazing! If you spend your days on the go, Casita Tropical is a great place to rest your head at night and in between beaches. The hammocks are comfortable for reading during a rainstorm, and the local horses, chickens, roosters, cats, dogs, hermit crabs, and lizards will keep you entertained. Thank you, Molly, for everything! You made our anniversary so special, and we can't wait to see you soon!

Room Tip: Book asap!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cdhoffman
Reviewed June 6, 2011

My husband and I just finished staying at Casita Tropical for three nights and had the best time ever! We chose Casita Tropical because it was affordable, and we got everything we hoped for and more. Molly gave us great suggestions about places to snorkel, dive, and eat that went way beyond the two travel books we brought along, and she gave us snorkel gear for free. The places she recommended were amazing and really made our trip special. We did rent a car, so we could move freely on the island, which I recommend (or rent a golf cart). Also, I thought our room was great. There's a screened in porch with a hammock that is so comfortable, and the room itself has air conditioning and satellite tv, and after being so active, my husband and I slept so peacefully in a comfortable bed. Anytime we needed something, all I had to do was pop my head outside and call Molly's name or call her cell, and she was always there, ready to give us clean towels or another recommendation. She is such a warm person, and it was really a great stay!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 4, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for one night. Molly picked us up from the ferry and made sure that we we knew what was around and how to get there. She also had free bikes and snorkel gear. She waited for us to get comfortable when we first got in, then took us to Playa Flamanco. For snorkeling, she told us were the best place was, gave us the gear, and then drove us over there. It was amazing! We swam with sea turtles just as she promised. Molly was extremely helpful, and the room was very comfortable and air conditioned. The outdoor screen enclosed patio was key as it kept all the mosquitos out while we drank coronas as we lounged on the hammocks and watched and listened to the wild life around us. I would recommend this place to any of my friends. I also will mention that we stayed at the Waldorf afterwards, and while it was more luxurious, Molly's place was not overshadowed by it.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple