“Poor customer service...”

Ranked #18 of 19 Specialty Lodging in Culebra
a
“Poor customer service...”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

We stayed here because it was the only place with rooms available at the time we booked. The place looks OK but the service is too slow and not very good. 1. We didn't have any towels in the room. Luckily we noticed this when we went to our room to leave our stuff before heading to the beach so I told the front desk when we left. When we came back the towels were not there yet so I called the front desk and told them I already ask for the towels 4 hrs before, they apologized but still took them 30 more min to bring the towels! 2. The water heater broke down the second day. Since it took them more than 4 hrs to bring us the towels the day before and we only had 45 min to get ready for dinner after spending the day at the beach, we decided to take cold showers (and I forgot to report the broken heater). 3. Breakfast service is extremely slow. We placed our order with the girl at the counter and waited for about 35 min to get our food. Lunch service is the same. The onsite restaurant looked nice and clean. Dinner was OK, nothing exceptional but way overpriced. In summary, the hotel looks nice but the staff needs a lot of training in customer service. I'm from PR and I can honestly say that I feel a little embarrased about the kind of service these people is giving to tourists from all over the world. I hope someone from the hotel read these reviews and takes some action to fix all of these because I'm sure tourists looking for places to stay read them!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I completely agree with the other reviews. Dirty, slow, understaffed, loud at night. Our first night here we had dinner at the restaurant. While the waitresses were very kind, it was not well organized and took forever to get our drinks and food. The pool area is nice but the "hot tub" is colder than the pool and there are many unsupervised children running around. We had loud partiers under us who kept us up until 2:30 in the morning. The front desk isn't manned and there is no security so we didn't sleep. They claim to have free coffee in the morning but plan on waiting about 30 minutes for it. Since the place is understaffed there is no one to make the coffee. The TV does not work and the wi-fi only works if you're sitting down in the lobby.

I would never stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Jjlsunshine

Travelers are raving about these Culebra hotels

San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed February 18, 2013

The place looks great from a distance, but up close is no good at all! I just returned from Culebra, stayed at the Sea Breeze Hotel because it was advertised as the only resort in the island. This was a long weekend, so I expected it to be full of guests. They said it was full, but you could tell by the number of people around, it was not. Still, the service was very poor. This place was advertised as having TV with cable, wi-fi, etc. But once we got there, there was no TV or wi-fi because supposedly they were doing work around the hotel. There is no phone in the rooms, so they give you an 800 number to call the front desk, only if your phone woks there and someone picks up the phone at the front desk (the latter normally does not happen). The rooms were dirty, looking as if they were not thoroughly clean. They have kitchenettes, but not even a coffee maker. There were no floor towels or mats in the bathroom, so I asked for one, but never got one. I had to ask for toilet paper and a blanket and had to wait until they found both items and wait to get them to my room myself. When I wanted pool towels, they did not have any, at 10:00 AM, because they had just washed them in the morning and had to wait for them to dry. There is NO beach and the area is called 'Mosquito Bay'- figure out why! It is also far from everything nice in the island and is hard to move around unless you rent a Jeep or golf cart. The restaurant is terrible, the food is not anything special and is overpriced, so are the drinks! The tables at the restaurant were dirty!!! It looked as if they don't clean them in between customers and they charged the tip as tax! Overall, it is the worst experience I've had at a place to stay. However, I should say that people from the island are very friendly and open to help you as much as they can. I would go back to Culebra, just will Never, Ever stay at this place again! Hope this review helps you to steer clear of this so-called resort hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Psych_MD_PR
puerto rico
Reviewed February 2, 2013

The folks who were working at this 'could be gorgeous' resort location were very nice and accommodating. We arrived and it was near to empty. They allowed us to have a look at three different units to choose from which was sweet. We chose the one with the best view. It was a good bed and the sheets/towels and bathroom were clean. That is basics that do matter
The room itself turned out to be less then great. Paint peeling and scraped up, no hot water in shower, ac broken, missing lightbulbs etc.
There were many mosquitoes but that can be anywhere. There are no screens on windows makes it buggy in room if you open them.
I hope they can improve in the future as it could be a great place with lovely pool area and views.
This place has tremendous potential and best intentions. All staff were kind.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KayakerPuertoRico
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed January 31, 2013

The place has a spectacular view, the facilities meet the concept that they wish, but they have to monitor their employees.They Are NOT doing their work in the area of ​​maintenance, waste a lot of time talking, especially the older gentleman with the old green pickup. Girls who make cleaning spend walking on the golf cart talking on the phone. Too bad, because you have a gem on your hands and are not taking advantage. The pool area and gardens are beautifully maintained . Owners should be concerned of lack supervision, I think on the Big Island are qualified people who can bring their expertise to bring this hotel to be the best of Culebra. Hear complaints from guests, just ask to improve housekeeping. Mosquitoes are common in the island, but you can use electronic equipments to minimize this. Just visit Sams, Walmart, HomeDepot to buy it.

Room Tip: Second floor
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank wwanda_2217
Irving, Texas
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Rooms poorly cleaned, restaurant has poor service is under-stocked and overpriced, nothing works correctly, the location is far from every point of interest on the island, the hot tub is colder than the ocean, and the place is understaffed.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BrandonJ_13
Thibodaux, Louisiana
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Boring, employees who do not show up, some that do don't bother to work. Filthy floors in room, no towels, tv broken, restaurant rarely open. With the exception of Mundo, Giavoni, Simon & the sweet little girl bartender, the other employees are not there & do not work when they are. No beach, no activities, no fun. Ladies, beware of the Cuban man who tried to come to my villa with beer to entertain me!! Taxi drivers will rip you off to get a ride to town, it's not worth their time unless you have a group. It was a relief to get out of there! Disorganized & dull. Worst trip I've ever taken.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank sologirl50
Also consider these accommodations in or near Culebra
Club Seabourne
#1 of 1 in Esperanza
Mamacitas Guest House
Mamacitas Guest House
#10 of 19 in Culebra

Been to Sea Breeze Hotel? Share your experiences!