“Beautiful Hotel and Fantastic Staff. Our Honeymoon!”
Review of Sea Breeze Hotel

Sea Breeze Hotel
Ranked #18 of 19 Specialty Lodging in Culebra
Riverview
“Beautiful Hotel and Fantastic Staff. Our Honeymoon!”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We planned this trip and stay as part of our honeymoon. Because this is Culebra, a very small island off the mainland of Puerto Rico, we didn't know what to expect. What I knew about this hotel previously , I got from the internet. I have to say however that we were pleasantly surprised. The villas are kept and the beds are comfortable. Great air conditioned Villas for comfortable night sleeps. The food is great and the pool bar is a very nice addition. The staff however is what made our stay special. I have to mention 2 by name however as they really cared for us while we stayed there. To Daleris and Jayleen, Thank you so much for taking such good care of us. Para Daleris y Jayleen, gracias por todo. Los queremos mucho. Los vamos a extranar!! Lisa y Mark Garcia!

Room Tip: Plan ahead of time...These villas fill quickly and from what we saw on this island, this is the best...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank bha7ttq

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Reviewed July 29, 2012

My cousins and I went to this hotel after I booked it over the phone since for some reason all the travel sites stated that all the hotels where booked. When I booked, I was assured it included breakfast. However to my horror on the first morning I found out that I did not have the breakfast included. They made no effort to rectify my situation and even acted as if I was lying. Another problem with the hotel is the fact that there was NO hot water, only warm at best. The rooms where clean and the ac worked fine. TV was a joke since you only got one channel, but then again you don't go to Culebrras to watch TV.Personally on my next trip to Culebras, I plan to stay somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Julugo77
Alabaster, Alabama
Reviewed July 21, 2012

We went in May and after reading all the reviews, needless to say, I was nervous. When we arrived luckily we had reserved a jeep from Carlos jeep rentals (some forums say you don't need a jeep or car....YOU DO especially if you want to explore what the island of Culebra is all about). Which is exactly what we did. Upon arrival we got lost trying to find the hotel but were able to see much of the island in its true form. The locals aren't "sociable" but theyre definitely not rude either. We got directions from someone walking down the road and were able to find the hotel after asking :-). The hotel is definitely away from town but we found that relaxing and enjoyed the drive To and from town or beach every time (again, you need a jeep). The roads are rough but it was adventourous for us. The hotel is run by some very nice locals when your nice to them. Some are noticeably young but again very hospitable when approached in a nice way. If your expecting 4 or 5 star hotel service then forget it. It's an island that is remote, works hard for its resources, and just doesn't give 5 star services like expected at other spots. However, the room was clean, comfortable, hot water when needed, GREAT view and nice and quiet!!! We got what we wanted out of our vacation... And more. Beautiful beaches, great food (businesses are open sporadically). We grocery shopped for snacks and breakfast. The breakfast buffet is slim. The pool is clean and cool. I usually get attacked by Mosquitos and when reading the stories packed my own spray and never had an issue. We were woke up every morning by roosters (which are everywhere) and greeted by cats (that take over the island). It was relaxing, quiet, inexpensive, BEAUTIFUL, and adventourous. We LOVED it!!! Thanks seabreeze for accommodating us and for allowing us to visit your island!! We will be back. Amanda & Jessica M

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Amanda M
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I went to this place a weekend and it was great, the problem is that you have to bring a car or rent it in culebra because the people that lives there they wont take you to the hotel because theyre jealous. Ive been to culebra a lot and i have stayed in other places but the best one is the sea breeze hotel. Theyre short of personal rigth now but besides that the service is great, everybody treats you with a smile, the food is delicious, and theres two bars one in the pool and one in the lobby and they do know how to serve really good drinks. This hotel is great and i recomend it to anyone because you wont regreat it, this is the best place to stay in culebra. I loved it and i hope to stay another time.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank David R
Reviewed June 28, 2012

A place where there is no one at reception, what can you expect? where employees eat and drink more than guests, what can you expect? where the food is horrible and the waiter tells you you're wrong, you can expect? where battender not know what a cocktail is, what can be expected? but if you want to waste your money come to sea breeze!!!

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank Oviera08
, Manager at Sea Breeze Hotel, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Our front desk hours are from 9:00am until 9:00pm as posted in the front desk. Under no circumstances can our employees drink during work hours. Our cocktails are offered by professional bartender, but if there is one in particular our staff did not know how to prepare, we trully apologize. Details of every hotel policy is available in our confirmations and also in the front desk. This way we make sure all our guests are being taking care of following the hotel policies.
Please consider us in the future, we will take your advise very seriously and always continue to improve our service.

Travelers are raving about these Culebra hotels

Casselberry, Florida
Reviewed June 28, 2012

The place is beautiful and the rooms are ok (if not near the pool) but the service is awful.

Room Tip: Dont stay on rooms near the pool, they have mosquitos!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank kris4917
, General Manager at Sea Breeze Hotel, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Culebra is a virgin island where you should expect all kinds of natural life, we are a hotel located in 10 acres of land with the ocean front and natural vegetation all around. During sundown you should expect some insects, nothing the good central air conditioning can't take care of.
We are constantly improving our service, your recomendation is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for staying with us.
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed June 18, 2012

First of all, let me just say that My husband and I travel quite often and I have NEVER left a bad review for any hotel. It seems, in this hotel, if you don't know spanish you are screwed! My friends and I waited at the bar for 15 minutes while the bartender completely ignored us, then my husband (a native Puerto Rican) came to the bar and was served right away. When we finally got drinks from the bar, there was no alcohol in them.

The gift shop was never open, although we had a $50 credit to spend there from check in. The pool bar was only open for a few hours in the afternoon and the upstairs bar was only open for a few hours in the evening. Food is only served for a couple hours in the morn, afternoon, and evening. There are no snacks; no eating besides breakfast, lunch and dinner which is extremely expensive! And you can only order a few dishes out of what they offer on the menu, the rest actually aren't available.

THERE ARE MOSQUITOS EVERYWHERE!!!!! IN THE ROOMS, AT DINNER, BY THE POOL. I Mean it is really weird! It's like instead of citronella candles, they must have something that draws the mosquitos to the guests!

There is no room service. They don't exchange your towels, and refuse to even when you ask. And this hotel is very far and completely secluded from the rest of the island, so you have a taxi everywhere- even the beach @ $5pp each way! I would not recommend for my worst enemy to stay here EVER. It was a terrible experience. The management needs to care and take control if he wants guests to come back. Awful customer service!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Jennifer K
, Guest Relations Manager at Sea Breeze Hotel, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Our gift shop is opened upon request by our personnel in the front desk or the bar. our resort credit is valid for watersports, bars and dinner, I'm sure you were able to use your voucher at some point in your stay, even if not at the gift shop.
Our restaurant hours are shown in our confirmation, hotel front desk, menus and confirmation. We appologize you were not aware of this hours. Our restaurant closes from one time to another to prepare for the next opening. For example, we close breakfast to prepare our freshly cooked homemade burgers as well as close after lunch to prepare our fresh cooked dinner. Our recommend in our site, that if you plan to eat in a hurry, please preorder your dinner to be served as soon as you arrive at your reservation.
We hope to see you soon and experience a much better customer service as we keep trying to meet all our customers expectations.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Culebra
Club Seabourne
#6 of 19 in Culebra
Palmetto Guesthouse
Palmetto Guesthouse
#4 of 19 in Culebra

Been to Sea Breeze Hotel? Share your experiences!