“majestic”

nj
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“majestic”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

the trail begins on a well trodden path that becomes more obscure the further you travel. you hear slithery things and see many lizards and snakes creeping away from your path. once in a while you hear something a bit louder and there's a chicken or two pecking through the woods. even theough the path became more vague we knew we were close because of the roar of Brava. the woods emptied us out onto a breathtaking "Brave" beach that is truly majestic. I dont think we had too much to say as we were overwhelmed by an untouched, huge, roaring beach and sea. The beach crabs were our only other campanions.
on the hike back, we were more confident of where we were going. when we heard a slither or moving in the brush we knew it was a lizard, snake, or chicken. But! when we heard something a bit nosier in the woods, we looked across the gully to see a big sato. when we looked into the gully we saw it had just hunted a deer. i was happy to be closer to our exit of the path by that point! I can't wait to go again. However, we have been back to Culebra since with our 4 children and did choose to forgo the Brava hike for a more child friendly hike to Carlos Roasario. Will take the kids when the youngest is a bit older, though.
we took this hike in March of 2012

Visited February 2013

Hamilton, Canada
“Worth the Hike”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

The half-mile hike down to the beach from the trailhead can deter people, but that means the beach is often empty or nearly so. Definitely not a swimming beach due to heavy surf, but you might see surfers. Long, broad beach. Hike to the far west end to view the island offshore and the rocky cove around the point.

Visited October 2013
Ephrata, Pennsylvania
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Private Tropical Paradise”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Brava requires a beautiful 15-20 minute walk, but you will be blown away by the beauty. The hike apparently deters people as we had the beach to ourselves for over an hour. There is shade, tidepools and plenty of reasons to thank God for his glorious creation. I hear swimming is a bit dangerous here though.

Visited June 2013
Houston, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Absolutely Gorgeous!”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

It is like discovering the beach for the first time, you are the only one there! Beautiful water....simply amazing!

Visited July 2013
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Best beach on Culebra!”
Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

There are so many great beaches in Culebra. I chose this one to be my favorite because of the seclusion. The view was just spectacular. I was in awe. There's a hike to get there, but it is well worth it! I def recommend taking the hike to visit Brava Beach. I almost didn't want to leave a review bc I wanted to keep it to myself, but you guys gotta check it out. On a scale of 1-10, it's an easy 17 1/2. Lol.

Visited May 2013