“Expensive for what it is with average service and a 15% autograt.”

Mamacita's restaurant and Bar
Ranked #10 of 40 Restaurants in Culebra
Cuisines: International, Puerto Rican
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Made the mistake of relying on a 2 year old book recommendation. Chimchurri skirt steak with a side and garnish salad was $20 which suggests better than it was even expecting the typical 'island tax'. I dislike automatic gratuity on a two person table especially for amateurish like warm service. Go to the dingy dock.

1  Thank Jamie E

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Nice restaurant besides the channel. We were a party of eight. The food was great and the service excellent

Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

I had heard that the place had gone downhill since my last visit in 2011, but I had to see for myself. We got there and nearly every seat at the bar was full so we had to sit at the stools furthest from the marina. The crowd was not lively and seemed like they didn't want to be there. One person got up from their stool and it turns out that was the bartender. I'm pretty sure everyone sitting at the good seats was an employee. We had one drink and went around the corner to the Dinghy Dock for much more fun!

Reviewed June 5, 2013

I give Mamacita's 2 stars because when we ordered drinks, my buddy's girlfriend had chips of glass in her piña colada. (Noticed after the first sip) It took about 10 mins for the server to give her another drink, mind you it was not crowded at all. You would also think the replacement drink would be on the house. I don't expect things for free but, that was deserving of a free drink or some type of discount. The prices were comparable to other restaurants of that type on the island, but the food and/or portions were not. It was the only disappointing experience we had in Culebra.

Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

My dorado was good. Medalla was nice and cold, mojitos were weak and the atmosphere was cool. That chicken was the bomb.