“Nice. Mellow. Not so quiet as we hoped but has a super beach!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Culebra
Culebra Beach Villas
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Culebra
Eastern Alps, Switzerland
“Nice. Mellow. Not so quiet as we hoped but has a super beach!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2009

We enjoyed the location. Neighbors were quite loud but we just turned on the AC at night to drown out the noise. All in all a great location, right on the Flamingo Beach. Walking distance to great snorkling. Cook your own meals in the kitchenette and save beaucoup dollars (eating out is a bit expemsive on Isla Culebra.)

Getting to /from is an issue if you arrive/leave during the early/late hours. We rented a moped and it was just able to take care of all our needs. (good discount for multiple days - rented right at the airport) Taxi's are a rip-off but... what's a few extra dollars for the convienence, in the long run>?

Poor or No cell phone coverage - my T-Mobile BBerry. (This can be an issue when trying to arrainge a taxi at the last minute!) I think the wireless was only on during office hours but am not sure about that. DO NOT go expecting to be connected!!! Go because you want to be disconnected!

Good place for kids. We were on our BabyMoon - 5 months before due date :)

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RastaDonn

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
San Francisco, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2009

We only discovered the culebra beach villas on the second to last night of our 10 days in PR after arriving in culebra without a reservation. We stayed in the building with our apt./room facing the beach. It was stunning and we were so sad to leave. TBoth my boyfriend and I have traveled extensively and this is one of the neatest places we have ever been.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cbsworth
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2009

This villa at this price on THIS beach is a steal. It's a quiet secluded beautiful little piece of heaven... You have to go in knowing it's not the Ritz, it's a villa so you have to be self sufficient and not need a lobby with a concierge in it. The rooms are clean, they provide what you need (coffee maker,pots/pans, cups), but its more about LOCATION here, you can't ask for a better spot. Ok, bring your own sheets and towels if you're picky but they'll give you clean ones, they're just not brandy new. No one mentioned this but I should because this was the ONLY problem I ran into. I couldn't get a phone signal (multiple carriers, AT&T, TMobile) so calling a taxi became a fiasco... so now I know next time I will rent a car. But my problem had nothing to do with the villa. I am going back next month, staying at the same place because it really is a great escape... The owner was a friendly helpful local who welcomes you with a friendly smile and warm handshake. Go, you will enjoy.

Tip - Rent a car, yes the taxis are cheap but they don't come right away, they keep odd hours, they are over crowded, they drink while driving, they're like party locals driving you around. It wasn't dangerous but it was a little crazy for my taste.... Especially if you have children or a large group, rent the car.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
3 Thank TravelingMomIAm
NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2009

Simple and unpretentious Culebra Beach Villas was absolutely a great beach cottage rental. It is on the most perfect beach, and each studio comes with a large verandah, hammock and grill. They also provide with you with all the kitchen utensils.

Our studio room was pretty basic with a view of a gorgeous green hill. Most cottages do not have a beach view, unless you are in the wooden beach front building. However these rooms are really packed together and not as private. The people in the office were very nice and allowed us to check in a little early. On the 2nd day our home rigged shower broke, but they came by right away and fixed it.

It is definitely not a boutique hotel or resort. But super charming.
Btw the residents of the place include a dozen cats and roosters.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — lighting in the rooms, and cleanliness of the linens
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lilsmi
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2008

My fiancee and I went to Culebra Beach Villas for a week during the month of October. We flew from San Juan Puerto Rico to Isla Culebra and minutes after arriving we fell in love with the people and the Island. We met some of the most friendliest people as soon as we arrived to the small airport. It turns out we happened to be on the same flight with someone from management who then proceeded to offer us a ride to the villas saving us time and confusion. When we arrived to the villas we were quickly checked in and invited to a bbq with management and other locals from the island. Soon after that, they made every attempt to make us feel comfortable and have a wonderful experience during our stay. They gave us tips on what to do and see, and even invited us to their houses for drinks. The villa we stayed in had everything we needed to make ourselves at home and was clean. We found utensils, pots, microwave, refrigerator, etc, etc. We were able to cook our own romantic dinners in one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. We have traveled to many places but we have never before had the service, friendliness, and detail we had during our stay in Culebra Beach Villas. Also since we arrived during slow season we practically had Flaminco Beach to ourselves! The only thing this place lacks is a closer grocery store since it takes about 10-15 minutes to the closest one. I would recommend taking energy bars or some sort of snack to have around until you can make it to the store especially if you have children. And believe me, if you have children this is the place to stay! I cannot wait to go back and maybe take my niece since the beach is perfect for children as well. If you are looking to relax in a down to earth place with wonderful people this is the place. I would not recommend this place for anyone expecting to stay in expensive resorts with room service.

Gissele

• Liked — Comfort
  • Disliked — mosquitos
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gissele303
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2008

We stayed in Beach Villas in Culebra twice, and absolutely loved it!!! Once with my husband, and another time with our friends couple as well. Culebra itself is a lovely, a bit rustic, fun Caribbean island. Local people are so friendly! There definitely was a language barrier, as I do not speak any Spanish, nevertheless, we were able to communicate when necessary, and even ask for directions (and understand his explanations) a guy who in turn did not speak any English. It was fun, and we did find the place! We felt very safe on this Island, and asked locals for a ride a few times – they were exceptionally nice and friendly.

The Flamenco beach, where the Villas are located, is breathtakingly beautiful. I felt like I was in a movie at times – it was just amazing. But Carlos Rosario beach (20 min hike) even beat Flamenco for me. It is very secluded, protected nature reserve. It was the first time I ever went snorkeling, and I have to say I’m hooked for life! All kinds of beautiful fish and corals. Fish will come so close to you! And we also saw little sharks swimming there (no more than a foot long) – it was very exciting. I don’t know if snorkeling near coral riffs is just as awesome in other places, but it felt like a dream. It was like I was flying over some mountain ridges on another planet, with unreal and unfamiliar life everywhere around me. And the noise that certain fish makes when eating off the coral was a bit startling at first! LOVED the experience.

The rooms that we stayed at at Villas were pretty basic, but there was everything we needed and more. We had a place to sleep, kitchen to prepare our meals. The bathroom was functional, and I did not need anything more than that when staying in such gorgeous surroundings. This place is not for luxury seekers that’s for sure, but I have never felt as comfortable and relaxed as at these villas in Culebra.

Almost every day we would also venture out into town ($2 p/p taxi ride) for some shopping, and to eat dinner at Mamacita’s (sp) of course. And at Dinky Dock, where you can sit right by the water and watch fish swim underneath as you are enjoying your meal, and also there is another place where you can get a bite on the dock, and iguanas will come right to your table, looking for treats!

I loved every single minute in Culebra!

• Liked — Location, easy-going-ness, palmtrees, roosters
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Atlantida1000
san juan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2008

I was in the villa with my wife and my experience was realy goog ,the room clean, the outdoor clean, the place is realy close of the beach nobody doing noise in the villas, the manager margarita is realy friendly with the guest, we stay by 3 night and 4 days, everything POSITIVE.

• Liked — clean place, confortable and close of the beach
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Culebra
Club Seabourne
Condado Vanderbilt Hotel
Casa Robinson
Casa Robinson
#6 of 19 in Culebra

Been to Culebra Beach Villas? Share your experiences!