Culebra Beach Villas
El Blok Hotel(Esperanza)
$162
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Malecon House(Isla de Vieques)
$163
Hacienda Tamarindo(Isla de Vieques)
$167
Hotwire.com
$227
Hilton.com
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Bravo Beach Hotel(Isla de Vieques)
Agoda.com
Hix Island House(Isla de Vieques)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsflamenco beachmost beautiful beaches in the worldmain officein townoffice hoursrent beach chairsvilla guestsworked perfectlyinternet accesswhite sandpots and pansquiet at nightfood kioskstropical paradisehot waterperfect beachfor sale
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We reserved two units at Culebra Beach Rentals 4 months in advance of our vacation. When we arrived, they claimed not to have a reservation for one of the rooms we had booked. They were fully booked and were not able to accommodate us (and made no effort to do so). Instead, we all had to squeeze into one room and they did not even give us a discount or anything for our troubles. The worst part about it is that we were not the only people who this happened to. We met at least two other groups who arrived at the Villas only to find out they had given the room away to other guests.

Even though our unit was pretty clean, we learned that some of the apartments were infested with cockroaches. The front desk claimed that was not their problem and blamed it on the owners of the units, leaving the guests to deal with the cockroaches themselves. Even though it was a terrible experience dealing with the awful administration, the beach is amazing and gorgeous. i think the administration of the Villas does not care about providing good service (or any service at all) because there are no other options to stay in Flamenco.

If you choose to stay here, make sure that you call and confirm that you have a reservation multiple times. Get a confirmation is writing if possible. The administration is a total mess. But, in the end, the beauty of the beach made us forget our troubles!

Room Tip: Apartment 3B and Villa 15 are nice.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
7  Thank boricuainzrh
Reviewed December 27, 2012

the first time I went to culebra I was about 5 years old and I remember having a great time on flamenco beach. I remember being in a orange house type building. The second trip was much easier for me to remember because i was about 10. That year we stayed in a taller building (with a good amount of steps) right on Flamenco, with a lot of hammocks :)... The snorkeling is AMAZING on both ends of the beach. I recommend going to Mamacitas (i think thats how its spelled) This year I am 13 and my family is going to Vieques, another island off of Puerto Rico. I really like Culebra but Im excited to explore puerto Rico some more!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Sarah H
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Stayed in 3b
Pros: Flamenco beach away from the crowded section. My favorite beach in the world. Amazing.
That being said, its hard to review a place when there is no competition. No real reason why they have to be better. Know this going in and accept it and you realize even though the place is just a step above being dumpy, its WAY better than a tent. 3b had the worst shower ever. But at least we had a shower. The outlets were sparking (if it doesnt burn down in the next few years I would be surprised), but at least we had power. I would recommend staying in the beach front aprtments vs the .villas unless you dont care about privacy. we saw what everyone was eating each time we walked by their open air decks. The people who go to Culebra and stay here are typically unpretentious and fun. It was great talking with them. Go to El Eden for a really good dinner and Zacos Tacos was amazing. In closing, this is just about the best place to stay if you want Flamenco Beach at your becon call. I dont mean to be critical but I am not going to give 5 stars just because there is a nice beach in front of it. that being said, I personally would go back.....loved it.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank palmer77
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Despite the cons that I'm about to mention, I'd still recommend you stay here because of one big massive pro - i.e. its right on the most beautiful beach on the island.

Ok, now that we have that out of the way. The villas themselves are nice, they are well kept and spacious and clean. But the service left a LOT to be desired - the cottage we stayed in were the most expensive accomodation on our trip to P.R. (including Old San Juan and Vieques), the management was very unresponsive on e-mail and unlike hotels on other islands provided no airport pickup. The front desk closes at 5PM and the folks manning it were rude and didn't speak english. We weren't given towels when we got there and when we asked for them the next day, we were given a lot of attitude before we were handed them (they would only give two and when I asked for another one they flat out refused).

Also, the management makes it a point to obnoxiously point out how much they are going to fine us every step of the way - remove towels? We'll fine you. remove the guide? We'll fine you. Check out late? We'll fine you. It's like walking on eggshells.

Also there is no breakfast/restaurant in the villa area. Which kinda sucks because the villas are in the middle of nowhere.

NOTE: Do rent a car/jeep if you plan to stay here - because there is nothing to eat (at night) for miles and cellphone coverage is poor, also taxis stop operating at night.

Room Tip: Rooms in a multi-storey building are spacious and face the beach.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank nadeemke
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Culebra is a little island with not too many Flamenco Beach beachfront properties, but this is the best one. I've stayed in different sizes villas and the cozy feeling is the same. They have air conditioners in the rooms and the villas are very clean and equipped with kitchen equipment, tv's with cable and they even have Wi-FI on their main office. It is perfectly located in front of the beach, and the villas are very well maintained and attractively painted. There are very few things that can be bought at their main office such as ice and water. The only thing I think they need to improve is that I think it is a little expensive and they shall offer or rent beach seats and umbrellas so you don't have to take them in the ferry or plane. Also, a small bar with music would also complete the scene, but it is great as it is.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends