“Quaint with basic amenities - Good enough for very reasonable price”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Culebra
Culebra Beach Villas
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Culebra
Orlando, FL
“Quaint with basic amenities - Good enough for very reasonable price”
Reviewed June 17, 2012

To start with the good - Culebra Beach Villas are right on Flamenco Beach - definitely the best beach on the island. You are right there, just steps away - could not ask to be closer! The price is very reasonable and will not bust your budget. For these reasons alone, I recommend this place. However, I think it important to state that this hotel will only cover your basic needs. They are studio apartments with small kitchens - utensils and dishware included. You only get one towel per person and there are NO laundry facilities onsite. Recommend going to La Surana apartments for doing laundry. I was also told there is a laundry place by the ferry area.
It is worth driving over to the Flamenco Tent area beach and buying a big umbrella ($45) and some chairs so you can better enjoy your time on the beach. Also, you must bring your own beach towels and possibly need to buy toilet paper and definitely any other necessities like soap, etc. I did think it was kept very clean and noticed that the cleaning ladies cleaned the public restroom daily. There is also an outside shower for washing sand off when coming in from the beach.
Overall though, very quaint cute place that I recommend for those working within a budget.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
14 Thank TanyaZeiher

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Once you arrive to flamenco beach, you will be amazed at its beauty and the amazing ocean so much so that you will say to yourself, "man, I wish I could stay the night here instead of going back int o town" Well, you can. If you look down the beach to the right, you will see a beautiful house peaking out from between the palms - Culebra Beach Villas. The place is charming with several privately owned villas that vary from studios to 3 bedrooms. The studio we stayed at was very adequate, with an air-conditioner, fan big bathroom and kitchenette. The bed was quite hard actually, but like I said, each place is individually owned so they vary. They all do however have hammocks and a private patio, just perfect for a relaxing beach getaway. The people are super nice and there's a pretty great bbq pit area that if you're in the mood to be social and hang out with the other gusts you can. But if you want to be alone and have some privacy you can as well. Take a troll down the beach, watch the sun set behind the hill, hike over the hills to neighboring beaches, oh! and bring your snorkel! Flamenco has some amazing snorkeling right along the shoreline! better than a lot of places i payed good money to take a boat to. You can just walk right out and see some amazing coral and fish. If you are not fussy and appreciate a relaxing and beautiful beach, you will love your stay here.
(I read a review about bed bugs, most likely they were bit by no-see-ums, and not bed bugs... bring bug spray there are lots of sand fleas and no-see-ums on beaches like this, this is normal)

Room Tip: I like the villas better than staying in the main building which is more like a hotel, but if you...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Bianca666
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed May 22, 2012

This was my 3rd trip to Culebra, but the first time I stayed at the Culebra Beach Villas. I went with my boyfriend, and we stayed at Villa #8 for 3 nights in March 2012.

It was a such lovely way to spend a short vacation. This is the only hotel on Flamenco Beach, made up of a few small cottages/suites scattered throughout the property. If you're looking for a mega-resort with all sorts of amenities, this is NOT the place for you. It's very quiet and the hotel doesn't really have any management. When you arrive, you go to the "office" to confirm your room number. They post a paper with the hotel guest name and then the room number is listed next to your name. The rooms are clean and have the basic necessities - nice bed with clean sheets, small but clean bathroom, small open kitchen with big fridge and simple stove. My one complaint: the walls are very thin ;) Oh, and the roosters will wake you up when the sun rises...

We arrived in Culebra via the ferry, and we didn't rent a car. So I knew we would need to stock up on food, as there are no restaurants in or near the hotel. We went to the market in town and stocked up as best we could. In the end, I don't think we bought enough food for the 3 days. There are a handful of very nice restaurants in town, but you need to drive there from the hotel (so you either need to have a car or call a taxi). Calling a taxi to pick us up worked perfectly and pretty cheap. You should know that cell phone reception is spotty, and only a couple of places on the hotel property provide good reception.

Villa #8 is in the back of the hotel property, so you don't get a beach view. But you do have a lovely view of the mountain from the porch (see attached pics). One of the nicest parts about the hotel is the porch, where you can enjoy your meals with your loved one and take in the beautiful view. one morning we were able to watch a hummingbird just a few feet away from us.

I would definitely recommend staying here if you're not super picky (as I said earlier, not for people who expect all sorts of amenities). Also, there really isn't any "service" at the hotel, (as I mentioned above, no real "management") so don't expect that either. You're sort of on your own here... but if you're up for a beautiful, quiet place on the perfect beach in a very undeveloped area, this is for you.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
12 Thank adeleily
Ras Al Khaimah, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I decided to visit my family in P.R after more than 10yrs. Then, we decided to visit Flamenco Beach and it was really paradise. The villa was AMAZING! It was equipped, clean, fresh,n
o bad smells, decorated according to the environment. We stayed at 1D and we had it all. The outdoor shower was located right outside our villa. The people working there were so nice and genuine. My only advise is to buy enough food for your stay since the villas are a little far from town. I am planning to return next year. The beach was like a pool.... the sand, the breeze.... PERFECT!

Room Tip: The rooms right in front of the beach are fabulous.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank marie o
Salt Lake City
Reviewed April 17, 2012

We stayed in 2A for three nights in mid march but did not quite have the same experience as the review from AMF2224. Yes the furnishings are old and warn and in desperate need of replacement. But we did not have any problems with bed bugs, the unit was clean and did not smell. Maybe the complaints helped. If you need 4 star accommodations, or even 2 star then these accommodations aren't for you. If you merely want a safe, fairly clean place to lay your head at night and wake up wake to one of the most beautiful beaches in the world then this is it.

If you decide to stay here and want the ocean front units request 2B as the owner of this unit has furnished it nicely. It is too bad the there is not some sort of minimum requirements for the owners as the owner of 2A is probably the worst out of all of the units that we had the opportunity to see.

Make sure you bring your own beach towels, shampoo, soap and every other personal hygiene products as not much is provided. In unit 2A the only hot water available is in the shower. The small cook area is equipped enough to prepare simple breakfasts and lunches.

Room Tip: If you end up in 2A flip and rotate the mattresses
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Curios G
Madison, Virginia
Reviewed April 16, 2012

We spent 6 days at the Culebra Beach Villas. We were in #5. Traveled with my husband and 4 kids age 11, 4, and twins 18 months. We knew going in that the villas did not have cribs to rent or offer so we had to bring pack n plays. The Best thing about the beach villas are that they are right on flamenco beach. It is the most beautiful water/beach our family has ever been to. The villas were just ok. We read the reviews before coming so we were not expecting anything fancy. Our check in was fast as they charge you in full for your trip 2 weeks prior to you arriving so all we had to do was show up, it was already charged to us. We had a 1 bedroom for all of us. The beds were not very comfortable but we made do. My family loved the two hammocks and swing we had at our villa. We also had a large picnic table on the covered porch where we ate most meals. We read about mosquitos, yes there were some but we seemed to do ok. We also read about bed bugs, and did not seem to notice anything till we came home and had little bumps on our legs/arms but that could have been mosquito bites.
BRING YOUR OWN BEACH TOWELS AS THEY DO NOT PROVIDE ANY. Also, they do not provide any soap, shampoo, or other.
There is not maid service, or clean up service. On day two we did not get any fresh bath towels so I took it upon myself to take our used towels over to the crew and they gave me some fresh ones. The staff don't really bother you at all, so if you need something you can go looking for them.
Wi fi worked during the day hours only, It seemed like every evening them must have turned it off or something. Cell phone signals are touch and go.
Be warned, you will pay per person for a taxi so renting a car is a good idea. The grocery stores charge a lot for foods. We got basics and spent $90 for bread, p b and J, some waters, juices, snack items, and could not believe how the bills went up. We went to Milca grocery 3 times and spent $90 twice and $50 once for our 6 people. Kiosks close early, to our disappointment as we had 4 hungry kids and found them to close at 5pm one day and restaurants in town did not serve till after 6 pm. We were surprised at the lack on interest in "paying customers" as we arrived at Dinghy Docks one night for dinner. All that was open was the bar, we walked around looking for someone to seat us, greet us, or even give us the time of day and no one did. They had a sign that said dinner at 6pm it was 10 till and the waitress paid more attention to rolling silverware while talking on the phone and did not even bother to acknowledge us at all. We ended up going back to the villas and ate whatever we could find there.
great snorkeling at Tamarindo Beach. We got to swim with the sea turtles and that was fun. We went twice.

We would go back ONLY if we got a rental car in San Juan, stocked it up with the foods and supplies we needed first prior to coming to the island..... It was great water, great sun, great beach and the rest was ok.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank jamiedavila
Oak Park, Illinois
Reviewed April 15, 2012

I haven't even been there yet and I am already displeased with their response time. I emailed to get rates for particular dates--a gentleman (and I say that loosely) responded by telling me to call the office (which, if I wanted to do would have done that in the first place) between 10 and 3, but when I called, all I got was a message telling me the hours. I called several times. Then I e-mailed this person back to explain this--I have yet to hear back from anyone. I will pay extra to stay at Club Seaborne. No problem.

Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
7 Thank Maria M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Culebra
Club Seabourne
#1 of 1 in Esperanza
Mamacitas Guest House
Mamacitas Guest House
#10 of 19 in Culebra

Been to Culebra Beach Villas? Share your experiences!