Culebra Beach Villas
El Blok Hotel(Esperanza)
$162
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Malecon House(Isla de Vieques)
$195
$180
Hacienda Tamarindo(Isla de Vieques)
$167
Orbitz.com
$179
$139
$136
Hotels.com
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
All reviewsflamenco beachmost beautiful beaches in the worldmain officein townoffice hoursrent beach chairsvilla guestsworked perfectlyinternet accesswhite sandpots and pansquiet at nightfood kioskstropical paradisehot waterperfect beachfor sale
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 15, 2012

I haven't even been there yet and I am already displeased with their response time. I emailed to get rates for particular dates--a gentleman (and I say that loosely) responded by telling me to call the office (which, if I wanted to do would have done that in the first place) between 10 and 3, but when I called, all I got was a message telling me the hours. I called several times. Then I e-mailed this person back to explain this--I have yet to hear back from anyone. I will pay extra to stay at Club Seaborne. No problem.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
7  Thank Maria M
Reviewed April 9, 2012

if you are used to all-inclusive carribean resorts - this is not a place for you. Culebra Villas are small, rather rustic bunch of guest bungalows perfectly situated on Flamenco Beach -pristine and beautiful with aquamarine water, white sand and snorkeling reef nearby - little paradise. You will get a little house with bedroom with air conditioner, sitting area, bathroom, kitchen and outdoor porch with hammock and some "grill" areas. very basic but enough to be comfortable. We've been on Culebra 2 times already and just spend our week exploring beaches, snorkeling and relaxing. it is a gem for somebody who does not like commercialism and "congested" tourist places, it is small and "down to earth" vacation if you dream about one. (good idea is to rent a car, you can explore island better and get your groceries back to your location with comfort - island is small but not so small)

Room Tip: I would suggest to get a "stand alone" bungalow instead of room in a "main" house.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank oleposya
Reviewed March 25, 2012

I love staying here...5 times now...six soon...if you want the hilton, stay on the mainland. Rugged...the beauty of the beach and the sound of the waves...the stars at night..the camp ground with all the great island foods. . i dream of being there...ahhhh. some rooms are great, others not so much. realize that the rooms/apartments are individually owned. i noticed a post on bed bugs......probably no-see-ums... they eat me up every time i go. they come out between 5-7 every evening for a feast. you cant see them and you dont know they have eaten you alive until the next day:( have your spray!! why do you think all those puerto ricans wear long pants and long sleeve shirts in that heat!!

Room Tip: since rooms/apts have individual owners, call around to different owners...some rooms are better than others. check different sites with different numbers for this location. one owner may have a two bedroom while another does not.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank lidia247
Reviewed March 20, 2012

We stayed at Culebra Island for 6 days. Those were the most beautiful days of last 15 years. The property is very clean and nice. We had 1C studio for 2 days and then, 2D apartment for maximum 4 people. For 2 people 1C was good enough. There was no window in the bedroom, which we found strange. However, because of that the room was absolutely calm and we slept very well even the studio was on the ground level and people walked near by. After 2 days we were scheduled to move to the next door apartment which we found to be very small. We found that 2D apartments was available and moved there (it is more expensive but really you should pay for it). It was perfect! We had side ocean view, nice breeze on the balcony, good size dinning room, leaving room and kitchen. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Beach is a dream! Water is calm warm and crystal clear. We will be back there for sure!

Room Tip: There is a main building and villas. Villas look good but I think you could be beaten by the insects. The main building is closer to the beach, so the breeze is always there. No insects. If you have a budget, go for apartment for 4 on the second or 3rd floor. If not, 1 C will be the best choice of studio for 2. This is on the corner of the building, so a bit more spacious.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank NatashaD_Montreal
Reviewed March 3, 2012

We just returned from a vacation at Culebra Beach Villas. While the Flamenco Beach is spectacular and second to none, I wish I could say the same about the accommodations at Culebra Beach Villas. We intially rented apartment 2A, a 2-bedroom oceanfront property; to say it was filthy is an understatement.

There wasn't a single surface in the apartment that was clean, the stench was unbearable, the furnishings are old and worn, and, get ready for the best part...the place is infested with BED BUGS!! My husband and I were covered with bites; our vacation was ruined and we are still itching from the BED BUG bites nearly two weeks later.

This is the part that amazes me...when they finally did move us to a tiny villa at the back of the property, I stopped at the office to advise them of the issue with the BED BUGS and staff in the office indicated that they were aware that the apartment was infested with BED BUGS and said that they had "tried" to spray for the BED BUGS, obviously ineffectively. She also indicated that they had talked to the owner of the unit a number of times in a effort to get him to clean the place up!! I was outraged to think that they charged us $250 a night for a place that was smelly, old, nasty, and they KNEW was infested with BED BUGS.

We have traveled to a number of places throughout the Caribbean and by no means have we ever stayed in a 5 star resort or anything even remotely close. In fact, many of the places we have stayed in the past wouldn't even rate 1 star, but they are clean, clean, clean, which is all that really matters.

It should be noted that each unit is independently owned, so the quality of the furnishings and interiors of the apartments and villas varies greatly since each owner is apparently responsible for the maintenance of their units. Our group rented a total of 5 apartment/villas and the quality ranged from horrible to adequate.

Even though they did finally move us after the second night and refunded our money, I would not recommend Culebra Bach Villas to anyone unless you are well aware of the condition of the unit you are renting.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends