Hillbay View Villas(Culebra)(Great Value!)
$150
$249
  • Breakfast included
$125
$127
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
$125
Hillbay View Suites(Culebra)(Great Value!)
$150
El Blok Hotel(Esperanza)(Great Value!)
$153
  • Breakfast included
Malecon House(Isla de Vieques)
$163
Hacienda Tamarindo(Isla de Vieques)
$167
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed March 7, 2011

This is my worst stay EVER, which is even worse than experiences in some $10 guesthouse in Bangkok. I knew I wouldn't expect much, but I was still astonished by what we were given. We stayed in Room 2 for 2 nights. Everything looked old (well I was fine with this part). One cabinet was wrapped using sealing tape so that the doors wouldn't fall apart. There's no comforter or blanket but a super thin sheet on the bed. There's NO hot water. We couldn't get help because it was 10 pm when we found it out and there's not anything like front desk to call. Unfortunately this was not the worst part of that night. Our room was right above a bar. I can clearly feel the floor shaking because of the music and hear ten different conversations going on. It was sooo noisy and didn't finish until 2 am. We had to go for a diving trip on 8:30 am the next morning. We complained to the guy in Vacation Planners about the hot water issue after diving and he sent someone to our room. The person checked and made sure there's no hot water (yes we knew that!). He said he was going to check outside and never showed up again. We were told that the pipe burst and we would not get hot water before we checked out. So the take home message is: this place (I wouldn't call it hotel) is highly NOT recommended. Stay somewhere else or just camp!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank SydnieLi
Reviewed February 21, 2011

There is a bar on the first floor of the hotel, called the Sandbagger (Sand-something anyway), which has one of the biggest sound systems I have ever seen, which is utilized to full potential on Saturday nights up until 2am. So if you are looking for a good night's sleep over the weekend, this is not the place. The bartender, who was a skinny American girl with straight long blond hair, charged us $24 for two medalla beers and one rum and coke, which makes it higher than big hotel prices. We were drunk and did not argue, but watch out!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank citymaven
Reviewed December 19, 2010

For the price of $229 for the "best" room, we could have had a house on the beach. The bed nearly reached the floor in the middle. I finally moved to the sofa which was nearly as bad. Sheets were so old and wouldn't stay on the bed, found that we were sleeping on the plastic underneath, YUCK! The shower spewed water into the wall and out into the kitchen - 3" on the floor. Couldn't open the windows as the cranks fell off. The overhead fan was so old that the paddles were warping. Couldn't check in until 3-4:00. The gal at the desk didn't show up until 4:30. Postage stamp size towels no soap. Air conditioning in the back room only and very very noisy.

I wanted to contact the owner, who is someone in NY whose name was not available to us. Doubt that we will ever see our $50 deposit.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank packer2
Reviewed July 6, 2010

When we made our reservation at Kokomo, we knew we weren't staying in a fancy place, but called to make sure if both rooms in the PH suite had AC. They told us both rooms did, and when we arrived we found ourselves with one room with AC. We complained, but they told us that because we made our reservation through the Internet we had to call a place in New York. Just to get us out of the way the administrator (the American guy) told us that he would send someone to" fix it" (I'm back in PR and still waiting). To be able to have a good night sleep we took the fan from the outside room and brought it to one that had the AC... did I mention it didn't work properly? We had an awesome couples PJ party... YEY =C. Two days had passed since our first complain and we saw the administrator again at the bar underneath the hotel. My friend decided to asked him for the technician that he “was going to send”, but he exploded and began to yell, plus threatened to call the police.
I'm a Puerto Rican who has lived in the States and PR. I have NEVER in the past been treated this way. This is the type of people my Puerto Rico doesn’t need. They come, establish a shop, bar, or guesthouse (whatever) and treat people like garbage. We need people who welcome and promote good tourism. Culebra is a paradise with nice and welcoming LOCAL PEOPLE. If YOU are planning on staying at this hotel I highly suggest NOT TO. Look for another place, or stay camping... believe me, it will be better. THIS PLACE IS A FRAUD!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank MPR_PR
Reviewed May 19, 2010

We actually arrived in Culebra without a reservation, and Mike at the Kokomo was extremely gracious and really helped us out with a room that would fit our (limited) budget - which no one else on the island would do - we know because we walked around to quite nearly every other lodging establishment and asked - they all had vacant rooms and it was a quiet week, but were inflexible and frankly seemed shocked that we didn't want to pay $130/night for a bed and a bathroom - I felt every other place was really overpriced for what we'd be getting. Lodgings here are basic and are not all ideally located, some off on dark side streets or rather away from the "action" in this small town. The Kokomo is right by the ferrry and town and dock with cool big fish to watch, has a fun bar downstairs, and they are about to open a new bakery next door - wish it had been open when we were there, but we really enjoyed going to the Pandeli early each morning for yummy breakfasts.

Our room was basic, and had a few loose fixtures, no towel or maid service, but was totally great for what we were there to do - go to the beach! We just needed a place to sleep and shower, and we got cold A/C, a quiet place to crash, and Mike and other staff were always really helpful and fun to chat with- got us towels, gave advice, even returned our snorkel gear when we left before the rental shop opened. We loved the location and at night it is nice and quiet bc it is not on the main street - I saw some hotel rooms right on the street and didn't think you'd get much rest there.

Overall a great place to stay in Culebra with a great owner who really helped out us eager, adventurous travelers without a reservation who just wanted to enjoy the spectacular beaches and not spend a ton of money. We stayed all week, changing our plans because Culebra is a paradise and we will be back. Next time would like to book the kitchenette units they have on the top floor - amazing views of the ocean, and with a kitchen you will really save money in Culebra as eating out is expensive.

Thanks Mike and team! Be back soon we hope!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family