$80
  • Restaurant
Hillbay View Suites(Culebra)(Great Value!)
$165
Casa Robinson(Culebra)
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed February 24, 2010

The bed was just a wooden slab with a comforter. Really. There was no mattress. Impossible to sleep. There were also bugs all over the air conditioner. The staff didn't seem to care at all. This place is the cheapest on the island, but I would recommend spending only $10 more and getting one of the nice bed and breakfasts.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank backpacker1984R
Reviewed December 14, 2009

Hotel Kokomo is right across the street from where the Ferry drops you off in Culebra. Its bare bones as far as ammenities--a bed, some drawers, a bathroom, and the brightest hot pink walls you've seen in your life to match the flamencos on the headboard. You're around the corner from good food--and a short Publico ride from Flamenco Beach, THE most beautiful beach in the world. The staff are friendly and hospitable, the rooms are very clean and its quiet at night.

My only heads up is to keep in touch with the front desk before you arrive, their hours are inconsistent from day to day and if you're running a little late, they might not be there, and they don't always answer the phone that they post on the door to call.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank chara810
Reviewed September 13, 2009

We stayed at the Kokomo in 2007 and enjoyed it very much. It was close to everything in town. The hotel/motel is no frills place, decent beds and space and I believe it was one of the very few places you can stay at with private bathrooms at that price range. When we go back to Culebra we plan on staying at the Kokomo again. The taxi vans ran from Kokomo to Flamenco beach for $1-2 per person back in 2007. This is not a standard hotel or motel with a front desk, we checked in at the office next door and they were also very helpful with any questions/requests we had. Overall, our best vacation ever! WE LOVE CULEBRA!

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank worldtravels2005
Reviewed August 21, 2009

I stayed at this place one night, it wasnt the greatest considering it only had a bed and a bathroom but me and my girlfriend just needed a place to crash. If you plan to stay make sure you take the basics like shampoo and soap...they do provide towels.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 22, 2009

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Kokomo 2 nights, fully knowing that we were just using it as a place to crash at night. We stayed in room number 7, which was just big enough for a full size bed (if that's what you call an old wooden frame with a 2 inch thick mattress) with one sheet and had a tiny dollhouse sized bathroom. I felt dirty from the moment I walked in the room, the only thing remotely positive was that we had airconditioning.

We had read the reviews (unfortunatly after we booked the room) that said there were sugar ants, and they were correct. There were major amounts of sugar ants, all over the walls, especially in the bathroom & on the last day we saw them in our bed (eeww! i'm getting itchy just thinking about it!). I could barely shower the 2nd day because it felt so dirty, and by the last day the stench was so bad I had to hold my breath when in the room.

If you are going to Culebra for the beaches, spend the extra money and get a nice place, don't waste your money at Kokomo. I don't know how they are still in business. It almost ruined our experience on the island, I would NEVER reccomend this place to anyone- no matter how cheap it is!!!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank DeniseMF