Hillbay View Villas(Culebra)(Great Value!)
$150
$249
  • Breakfast included
$125
$127
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
$125
Hillbay View Suites(Culebra)(Great Value!)
$150
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
Priceline
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

Pros: awesome location...literally right off the ferry. Huge room/space (we stayed in room 12 and had beds to sleep 6,a sitting area, fully furnished kitchen, bathroom, and a patio with a fantastic view of the Sunday over the water). Great value for what we paid! Also our room was ready when we came in on the ferry at 10am...didn't have to wait until 3 to check in!

Cons: air conditioning needs to be updated in back bedroom...didn't do much to keep the room cool in the morning. Better shades needed too...6am rolled around and my sleeping was done. Also front bedroom very loud in the morning. Ants in the kitchen, stained sofa. No soap in the bathroom. Little things.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank ShiningHalo
Reviewed September 26, 2012

My wife and I stayed for two nights while we visited Culebra. The rooms consist of a bed, two chairs and a small bathroom. It was clean and the air conditioner worked and at least the first night was quiet. The second night a couple stayed with a child who screamed for part of the night. There is so much to do on this island all we needed was a place to sleep so this place worked. We enjoyed talking to the locals in the bar and bakery downstairs. If your used to staying in fancy rooms you will be disappointed but if you want to enjoy the island and it's beauty this place is fine. Except for the bar Dewey has no nightlife and it had a TV that worked as long as it doesn't rain.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Milford_PaMooseman
Reviewed August 18, 2012

My husband and I are very low key and so we had fun at this hotel. The bar is right below the hotel and was hopping when we were there. It's clearly not very nice and pretty much just a bed to sleep in but if you're up for partying with the locals and don't need a 5 star resort this is a fun place. It's a good location for everything including the ferry.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Was told to "read the terms & conditions" when I complained about the bar kareoke blaring directly below my room. This and the door slamming, which can be felt through the plastic mattress cover, goes on until at least 2am. Beautiful island, but this place ruined and otherwise lovely experience. Whatever you dont stay here.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank jpock
Reviewed April 13, 2012

I read reviews before my trip but l had no choice but to stay there because l couldn't find another hotel, me and my husband got to culebra and the hotel is right across the ferry which is great but if you can get closer to flamenco beach is better because there's no nice beaches around the ferry, anyway l did the check in, and this really sketchy american was on charge of the hotel, to me she looked like a crack head, l got the key and got into the room, it was big l stayed at the "turtle room #8" l have to say it was clean, there's AC but it was very weird that both of the windows did not have a crystal only this moskito net and shutters, so the AC air escaped from the windows and the room was never cold, the hotel has very strict rules, if you loose the towel you pay 80.00, if you move the bed you pay 80.00, if you loose the keys you pay 200.00, if you loose the blankets 100.00 so ridiculous like if they worth that... the decor was horrible, l think the hotel was super price for what it was, did not inlcude any meal, but the worst of it the only reason l ask people not to stay there is because: YOU WON'T SLEEP!!! our first night l had a nightmare about being bombed in Iraq, the reason why was because people keep slamming the doors all night, the doors apparently won't close unless you slam them, and they are metal doors so imagine the noise, and every weekday they will have music at the bar downstairs until midnight, but on the weekends until 4:30 there's karaoke and it gets louder and louder, there was also a dog barking all day, there's no soundproof of any type, and there's also no TV, the island is so boring after sunset there's nothing to do, the food is horrible also, so my advise if you stay there bring your ipad, and earplugs.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple