$80
  • Restaurant
Hillbay View Suites(Culebra)(Great Value!)
$165
Agoda.com
Casa Robinson(Culebra)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 17, 2011

Hard old beds with a plastic cover that make them really uncomfortable. Sketchy power so the AC sometimes goes out. Water barely warm. Bar downstairs is ridiculously, uncomfortably, MASSIVELY LOUD with KARAOKE on weekends until 3:30 a.m. We couldn't even sleep with special earplugs in. Bar owners are totally inconsiderate. And there's no one there at the Kokomo to help you if you stay there. No desk, no owner, no accountability, no help. Never, ever stay here, ever. Ever.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
8  Thank kmross1
Reviewed March 25, 2011

I thought everyone else was just too picky--but yep, this place is horrible. My husband and I are in our 20's and often stay in hole in the wall places for 20 or 30 bucks a night,but this place was definitely the worst place we have ever stayed.

1. No one will help --there is no front desk
2. You are given 2 towels to use for however long you plan to stay. Unfortunately we had to stay for 7 nights...if you are going to the beach everyday, 2 towels is definitely not enough.
3. There is a girl who can "help" in an office next door for about 2 hours a day. She has a horrible attitude and does not give a crap.
4. Room was musty
5. Sheets didn't fit the bed
6. Bed was horribly uncomfortable
7. I didn't feel safe at all--anyone can just walk in to the hotel
8. The bar downstairs will keep you up until 2am...since the floor will be vibrating
9. People are loud outside since that is where the ferry is--late at night and early in the morning
10. Floor is dirty
11. The bathroom is pretty far from Room #4--even though it is advertised as being in the same hallway
12. No soap

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
9  Thank AggieJulie2006
Reviewed March 23, 2011

First of all, this place does not have someone to help you over the phone. Everything is done by internet and there is no person to help you in case something goes wrong. If that is the way you like to be treated stay in Hotel Kokomo. Michael the person who helped me over emails,explain to me thats the way they handle there business.They had on hold my amex for 9 days. Since he was in europe he could not help me making the reservation. Finally i had 700.00 dollars on hold on my credit card , i cold not stay in the place because the person was handling his business from europe, and he never return a single call to me. There are better places to stay in culebra, DO NOT STAY HERE...

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
10  Thank albertodones
Reviewed March 8, 2011

I must recognize that I was very hesitant to stay at this place, after reading all the reviews read here... In fact, I was going to consider canceling and wasting the money that I paid in advance to avoid being victimized as most of these reviews are saying...but honestly, it was just what I needed.
I needed a place to crash after camping at Flamenco and with ready access to the "very unreliable ferry to Culebra" So I can get to the 6 am ferry and take me back to Fajardo.. and it was ok... for 50 bucks... !!! Maybe it helped me to have the worst expectations, but at the end, it meet its purpose... we crashed there left our stuff, went for our scuba diving session, ( which by the way was simply fantastic!!) went for dinner and came slept few hours and then got on the ferry...
The room was modest, nothing fancy, the bathroom was clean, and yes I agree that the the whole sound system from the bar downstairs was a bit too loud, but we were so tired that we did not pay no mind to it..

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank JorgeNYC718
Reviewed March 7, 2011

This is my worst stay EVER, which is even worse than experiences in some $10 guesthouse in Bangkok. I knew I wouldn't expect much, but I was still astonished by what we were given. We stayed in Room 2 for 2 nights. Everything looked old (well I was fine with this part). One cabinet was wrapped using sealing tape so that the doors wouldn't fall apart. There's no comforter or blanket but a super thin sheet on the bed. There's NO hot water. We couldn't get help because it was 10 pm when we found it out and there's not anything like front desk to call. Unfortunately this was not the worst part of that night. Our room was right above a bar. I can clearly feel the floor shaking because of the music and hear ten different conversations going on. It was sooo noisy and didn't finish until 2 am. We had to go for a diving trip on 8:30 am the next morning. We complained to the guy in Vacation Planners about the hot water issue after diving and he sent someone to our room. The person checked and made sure there's no hot water (yes we knew that!). He said he was going to check outside and never showed up again. We were told that the pipe burst and we would not get hot water before we checked out. So the take home message is: this place (I wouldn't call it hotel) is highly NOT recommended. Stay somewhere else or just camp!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple