Posada la Hamaca
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Culebra
See available hotels
Hotel Kokomo(Culebra)
  • Free Internet
  • Breakfast included
  • Beachfront
Bravo Beach Hotel(Isla de Vieques)
El Blok Hotel(Esperanza)
  • Breakfast included
Malecon House(Isla de Vieques)
View Hotel
Hacienda Tamarindo(Isla de Vieques)
View Hotel
All reviewswalking distancelocker roomnight tablesmall fridgebring your ownqueen bedair conditionercoffee makervisit culebracanalricardotvferryluggagesupermarketcabledock
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Pretty basic but mostly clean place, about 10 minute walk from ferry dock. Can walk to restaurants, or catch a cab (for $3 per person) to Playa Flamenco. Check out is at 10am but they have an area to store bags and shower later in the day.

I'd have no problem staying here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank jl21Va
Reviewed September 16, 2012

This is a cozy, clean and unassuming hotel. Good service and safe location. I brought my family and we had a stupendous time. Excellent location. I will recommend this to anybody that is looking for something inexpensive and reliable.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Lourdes R
Reviewed August 24, 2012

If you want a 4 star resort, well it's not. The rooms were small but very clean, bed was very comfortable and the a/c was great for the hot nights. This hotel is just 2 blocks up the road from the ferry.
Do not rent from Jerry's jeep! Big mistake! Word of advise rent from Carlos! Jerry rented me a old susuki jeep that was falling apart for $49.00 a day when I could have rented a golf cart for $45.00 a day! Really upset me but you learn from your mistakes.
When I arrived to this hotel we were greeted by Ramon! love Ramon, he is awesome! This place is right in the center of the pueblo with a nice view in the back of the hotel with a stream of water that divides the island and actually got to see a turtle my last day swim thru.
If you don't want to rent a vehicle you can take the bus to Flamenco beach but do recommend to rent a vehicle if you like to venture. Remember the island has beaches everywhere!
I visit Puerto Rico at least once a year due to family obligations and try to visit different areas of the island when I can but I finally found the one place I definitely am going back to! Culebra is a hidden paradise!
There are other places to stay in Culebra that probably has better accommodations but if your not picky and your staying just for a few days it's a perfect spot!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Lisette C
Reviewed August 18, 2012

My wife and I stayed at Posada la Hamaca for 2 days during a longer trip to see Puerto Rico. The hotel was exceptionally clean; even the bathroom - better than most mainstream hotels I've stayed in while traveling on business. It was also very convenient that seemingly everyone in town knew the hotel by name, so we could easily get taxi rides there, have bike deliveries sent there, and even our snorkeling company knew to pick us up there for the tour.

The hotel has the usual amenities - private room and bathroom, TV, WIFI Internet, powerful AC (a major plus), maid service.

What makes it more unique is it also can rent you snorkel gear at a good price - a must on the island and otherwise hard to come by as Culebra truly is a small store. The staff, and owner Ramón, are also very friendly to guests. After check out, you can keep your stuff in a locker, keep your rented snorkel gear and get more beach towels, and go visit the beach some more before returning to get a shower and pick up your stuff. Try to find that kind of friendliness and flexibility at a normal hotel.

Ramón was also extremely friendly and honestly the best host I've ever had at any hotel whether mainstream or bed & breakfast. Very accommodating.

What you'll find at this hotel is a good place to stay, but not upscale. I'm not sure if there are upscale hotels on the island anywhere, and so you'll generally experience a cross between a bed & breakfast-type place and a true hotel.

For the more logistically minded, it's very useful to know that on the same block as the hotel is a little grocery store that will save your life if you forgot anything like sunscreen, or want to buy food to take with you on a trip. There is an excellent bakery on the other end of the block for breakfast. The ferry and taxis to the main, gorgeous Flamenco beach are 2 blocks away, and cost $3 per person. The main restaurants on the island, including the best (Susie's) are mostly within 2 blocks from the hotel too.

That's not a typo; it's $3. Ramón also speaks excellent English, and was extremely available even when we were away from the hotel and had to call him a couple times. If he's not around, there are other people. It's also very helpful he speaks good English because that's a rarity on the little island, and he can give very good advice on what to do.

I normally don't write reviews, but had wished there had been more on Culebra before we left. This is a good place to stay in my opinion, and where we'll go on future visits. Hope this helps you future travelers.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank SejongCamus
Reviewed July 5, 2012

The patio and location of this guest house are nice. The manager is helpful when he is there, but he isn't always there. There is A/C and satellite. The linens were of very poor quality. The bed linens were very scratchy. The room was reasonably clean but not perfect and the furnishings were pretty old and the room was quit small. There are probably nice places to stay at Culebra for the same price We were just there one night so it was fine.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple