All reviews dinghy dock walking distance the owner community kitchen rooms are clean place to stay stayed here for a week outdoor space morning coffee golf cart lucy hammocks ferry island kitchenette
Reviewed May 6, 2017 via mobile

Came here for a wedding and my family had the entire hotel. The owners are super cool and the view from our room was simply amazing. It is not a very luxurious hotel but this is definitely a spot that we will continue to visit when we want to spend a weekend in Culebra.
Highly recommend this place.

Stayed: May 2017, traveled with family
Rico R, Owner at Villa Boheme, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2017

Thank you for your visit and your comments and remember that on your next visit you will have time to take advantage of the boat charters we offer and maybe spend a great day with your family at Culebrita's Tortuga beach.

Reviewed April 6, 2017

First the good -- the outside is freshly painted and there are plenty of sitting spots for morning coffee, reading, nightcaps, etc. Location is good - walk to town.

Now the not-so-good -- the room itself (#5) was tiny and dark with no place to set our bags except the floor. The air conditioner was painfully loud - and I'm someone who needs white noise to sleep, but this was bad and the only way to change it was to turn off the air and roast. Anything I requested was available the day after I left, whether it was to borrow a hairdryer (the weekend girl took it home, and she will be back Thursday) or a boat trip to Culebrita (why don't you stay longer because I can get you there Thursday?) Bathroom was so small you banged your knees on the toilet trying to get in and out of the shower, which had rusty fixtures and very little water pressure.

I understand Culebra is rustic but I think this place could be so much better, especially given its wonderful location. Some reviewers cited the owner as a positive aspect of their stay but we didn't meet him.

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple
Rico R, Owner at Villa Boheme, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2017

We are sorry for your disappointments and the fact that I was not around for the days you visit us. We do have a handy man on premises and I wish you would have let the managers know about the water pressure so that we could have looked into it right away. The fixtures get replace fairly often due to rust and I'm glad you mentioned it because I was not aware that they where over looked. Although there is not much we can do about the room sizes we did have some other larger rooms available during your visit, all you had to do was inquire about the possibility. The hair dryer situation I was not aware but it will be dealt with, my most sincere apologies.
I appreciate your constructive criticism a can bet you that if you visit us again you wont be dissapointed.

Best regards,
Rico

Reviewed March 9, 2017 via mobile

We came not sure how long we would stay and ended treating it like hone! We had multiple rooms and used the kitchen almost daily!!!

The staff is terrific and will provide services and input on whatever you want. We sat outside viewing the harbor late at night with our own music and other guests.

Rico, the owner, provides trips to local islands as well as sunset cruises!!!

A wonderful place!

Stayed: March 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 24, 2017

Wife and I spent a week here in room #12. Very clean, great a. c. but the best was the roof top deck. It provided a fantastic view of the bay and always a cooling breeze. The expansive common area was a nice place to relax and to get to know other guests. All of town is a five minute walk from here. The staff was always helpful with answering our questions about the island and even saved us some money on a golf cart rental. As stated in other posts, a trip to Culebrita with Rico and first mate Arturo is a must do. It was one of the many highlights of our stay. The only negative about Villa Boheme is the fact that I could never pronounce "Boheme" correctly. Hopefully with another weeks stay here I'll have that name down pat.

• Stayed: February 2017, traveled with family
Rico R, Owner at Villa Boheme, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2017

Thank You so much for your review, we really appreciated and it gives us the fuel that we need to keep improving. We look forward to your next visit.

Best regards,

Reviewed February 20, 2017 via mobile

This is the perfect place to stay in Culebra. Once you open the main door you just fall in love with the place, it has a huge and beautiful waterfront deck. The deck is equipped with hammocks, plenty of sitting areas for all to enjoy, a BBQ and a shared well equipped kitchen with plenty of space. The rooms are clean, comfortable, with good air conditioners and ceiling fans. They offer complimentary beach towels for guests. They also have WiFi on the main deck. The staff and the owners are very friendly and will do everything to make you feel at home. Villa Boheme is located walking distance from the ferry dock and most dining spots. As an added bonus Villa Boheme's owner offers water taxi trips to Culebrita and Luis Peña which include drinks, lunch, snorkeling and paddle board equipment.

Stayed: February 2017, traveled with friends
Rico R, Owner at Villa Boheme, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2017

Thank you, spread the word and we will give you a complementary sunset cruise around the bay.