All reviews dinghy dock walking distance the owner community kitchen rooms are clean place to stay stayed here for a week outdoor space morning coffee golf cart lucy hammocks ferry island kitchenette
Reviewed February 24, 2017

Wife and I spent a week here in room #12. Very clean, great a. c. but the best was the roof top deck. It provided a fantastic view of the bay and always a cooling breeze. The expansive common area was a nice place to relax and to get to know other guests. All of town is a five minute walk from here. The staff was always helpful with answering our questions about the island and even saved us some money on a golf cart rental. As stated in other posts, a trip to Culebrita with Rico and first mate Arturo is a must do. It was one of the many highlights of our stay. The only negative about Villa Boheme is the fact that I could never pronounce "Boheme" correctly. Hopefully with another weeks stay here I'll have that name down pat.

• Stayed: February 2017, traveled with family
Rico R, Owner at Villa Boheme, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2017

Thank You so much for your review, we really appreciated and it gives us the fuel that we need to keep improving. We look forward to your next visit.

Best regards,

Reviewed February 20, 2017 via mobile

This is the perfect place to stay in Culebra. Once you open the main door you just fall in love with the place, it has a huge and beautiful waterfront deck. The deck is equipped with hammocks, plenty of sitting areas for all to enjoy, a BBQ and a shared well equipped kitchen with plenty of space. The rooms are clean, comfortable, with good air conditioners and ceiling fans. They offer complimentary beach towels for guests. They also have WiFi on the main deck. The staff and the owners are very friendly and will do everything to make you feel at home. Villa Boheme is located walking distance from the ferry dock and most dining spots. As an added bonus Villa Boheme's owner offers water taxi trips to Culebrita and Luis Peña which include drinks, lunch, snorkeling and paddle board equipment.

Stayed: February 2017, traveled with friends
Rico R, Owner at Villa Boheme, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2017

Thank you, spread the word and we will give you a complementary sunset cruise around the bay.

Reviewed February 13, 2017

Wow! What a special place. Big, clean rooms, friendly staff. The kitchen is great to make meals, BBQ outside, sit on the dock overlooking the bay. Friendly visitors, close to town. Rico, the owner was super nice and helpful. A Peaceful place to relax and enjoy the island. Can't wait to return !

Stayed: February 2017, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the review we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed February 5, 2017

What a great place!! Clean, serene place to vacation!! This resort has a comfy bay side patio to rest, relax or even schedule a massage if desired. It also offered us a place to prepare our own meals in the shared common kitchen and was walking distance from many great restraints. My husband and I were very pleased with the cleanliness and friendliness of the facility and staff. We enjoyed the many white sandy beaches on the island as well. The highlight of the trip was the excursion with Capt. Rico to the secluded beaches inaccessible by vehicles. Can't go wrong with this awesome place!!

Room Tip: All rooms have a great view of the Bay
  • Stayed: February 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 20, 2017 via mobile

Relative to other island inns/hotels/b&bs...

Rooms: medium sized
Beds: disgusting. Not comfortable, sheets are rough, mattresses are filthy (see picture). The beds are all the same because they showed me all of them!!!!
Decor: really, really annoying "wind chimes" on the bedside tables that continuously make noise if the fan or air conditioner is on, or if the windows are open. Jangling all night long. Uncomfortable sofa.
Bathrooms: minimal towels, bar soap only (do they think only men with no hair are patrons? When a girl just wants a good shower and would settle for ANY shampoo and conditioner just to get the sand out of her hair, and then can't do anything of the sort for DAYS, it is very frustrating.
Service/misc: ok so there are no deadbolts or secondary locks on the doors. What does this mean? Safety is an issue, obviously. And also, housekeeping can drop by an hour before checkout, NOT KNOCK OR ANNOUNCE HERSELF AT ALL, and just let herself in. No "do not disturb" to hang in the door, no chain, no extra lock...just the one. I wouldn't mention this scenario except that it actually happened, and I was not even given the .02 seconds to cover myself up before the door was open and the maid was in my room. Unbelievable.

Location is the only redeeming factor. It is on the water, next to one of the best restaurants
/bars on the island (Dinghy Dock), walking distance to the ferry and main part of town. The outside area has some decent furniture to plop down on.

Altogether...not somewhere I would ever go again, or recommend...unless you plan on getting drunk at the bar next door every night and just looking for someplace to pass out.

Stayed: January 2017, traveled with friends
Rico R, Owner at Villa Boheme, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2017

Thank You for the feedback and our apologize for your inconveniences especially for the intrusion of our housekeeper. The mattress that you got the picture from has been replaced, we also checked the other ones that you mentioned but found no issues, thank you for letting us know about it and for reminding me to keep my housekeepers in check with their duties. As far a the decoration goes well I keep telling my mother in law that we need to change; she will definitely see your review. Also we have never offer shampoo or rinse in the rooms but we do have it at the front office, all you had to do was ask. I also understand that security was an issue for you an although we have never had an incident of any sorts since I took over the business 7 years ago and only once in 15 years , none the less, I do not know if you noticed the state of the art surveillance system around the perimeter of the hotel and outside the hallways for everyone's convenience and peace of mind. Again our apologies during your stay and we hope that in the future you would give us a second look before you had too many at Dinghy Dock.

Atentamente,