All reviews dinghy dock walking distance the owner community kitchen rooms are clean place to stay stayed here for a week outdoor space morning coffee golf cart lucy hammocks ferry island kitchenette
Reviewed January 20, 2017 via mobile

Relative to other island inns/hotels/b&bs...

Rooms: medium sized
Beds: disgusting. Not comfortable, sheets are rough, mattresses are filthy (see picture). The beds are all the same because they showed me all of them!!!!
Decor: really, really annoying "wind chimes" on the bedside tables that continuously make noise if the fan or air conditioner is on, or if the windows are open. Jangling all night long. Uncomfortable sofa.
Bathrooms: minimal towels, bar soap only (do they think only men with no hair are patrons? When a girl just wants a good shower and would settle for ANY shampoo and conditioner just to get the sand out of her hair, and then can't do anything of the sort for DAYS, it is very frustrating.
Service/misc: ok so there are no deadbolts or secondary locks on the doors. What does this mean? Safety is an issue, obviously. And also, housekeeping can drop by an hour before checkout, NOT KNOCK OR ANNOUNCE HERSELF AT ALL, and just let herself in. No "do not disturb" to hang in the door, no chain, no extra lock...just the one. I wouldn't mention this scenario except that it actually happened, and I was not even given the .02 seconds to cover myself up before the door was open and the maid was in my room. Unbelievable.

Location is the only redeeming factor. It is on the water, next to one of the best restaurants
/bars on the island (Dinghy Dock), walking distance to the ferry and main part of town. The outside area has some decent furniture to plop down on.

Altogether...not somewhere I would ever go again, or recommend...unless you plan on getting drunk at the bar next door every night and just looking for someplace to pass out.

Stayed: January 2017, traveled with friends
Rico R, Owner at Villa Boheme, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2017

Thank You for the feedback and our apologize for your inconveniences especially for the intrusion of our housekeeper. The mattress that you got the picture from has been replaced, we also checked the other ones that you mentioned but found no issues, thank you for letting us know about it and for reminding me to keep my housekeepers in check with their duties. As far a the decoration goes well I keep telling my mother in law that we need to change; she will definitely see your review. Also we have never offer shampoo or rinse in the rooms but we do have it at the front office, all you had to do was ask. I also understand that security was an issue for you an although we have never had an incident of any sorts since I took over the business 7 years ago and only once in 15 years , none the less, I do not know if you noticed the state of the art surveillance system around the perimeter of the hotel and outside the hallways for everyone's convenience and peace of mind. Again our apologies during your stay and we hope that in the future you would give us a second look before you had too many at Dinghy Dock.

Atentamente,

Rico

Reviewed January 11, 2017 via mobile

My partner and I had pre-booked a room in Culebra for a few days, but were less than thrilled when we saw it. Blinds falling, leaking toilet...not a great start to our trip. Luckily, we got online to see if we could find something else, and came across a great review for Villa Boheme, which was just a block away (and an easy walk to the ferry). We dropped a line and they responded immediately to let us know they had an opening. What luck!! They have an AMAZING patio/dock area right on the water, as well as a terrific shared kitchen, which made the space feel immense for the great price. The staff was awesome and able to provide everything we needed - beach towels, chairs, snorkeling gear, you name it. And the owner, Rico, was simply wonderful!! So funny, friendly, and eager to ensure we had the best experience possible. He guided us on a small boat trip out to Culebrita, with lunch, drinks, and everything else you'd need for a full day on the most incredible, intimate beach for such a reasonable price. I just can't stop raving about this place!! Thanks Rico - we will be back!

Stayed: January 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nicole_bklyn

Thank You guys, remember theire are plenty flights from NY to San Juan, see you soon.

Reviewed January 5, 2017

Traveled on my 28' Power boat from the US Virgin Islands to Culebra for a couple days of PR hospitality and the adventure of a short voyage to a different island.

From the time I first talked on the phone with Rico, the Villa Boheme owner, I knew that he was going to deliver just what I wanted. Good clean lodging and a safe place to dock my boat.

On arrival, I was very pleased, the hotel was great, the room spotless, lots of extras like a great bay side patio with a number of seating areas and even a few hammocks.

I tied my boat up to a very well made sturdy dock, just 75' from my room and Rico arranged for a friend of his, another boater to drive us to the airport so we could check into customs.

Villa Boheme is within short walking distance of the majority of restaurants, bars, stores, banks etc. on the island.

In short, we had a lot of fun and will be back for another day or two of Culebra and Villa Boheme hospitality.

Thank you Rico for everything and good luck with your hotel.

Room Tip: You can get rooms with small kitchens or you can use the well stocked shared kitchen just of the bayside patio.
  • Stayed: January 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Dan M

Thank You for the review only 13 miles from St. Thomas come back any time.

Reviewed December 17, 2016 via mobile

Great place to stay with a friendly staff. Perfect location and decent rooms. I thought it was slightly overpriced for what you get, no TV in particular was a bit surprising. I would definitely stay here again. The rooms may not be super luxury, but really none of the hotels on Culebra are. This is definitely one of the better options on the island. You can rent snorkel gear from the front desk and they'll also give you some beach towels. Mrs Camacho at the front desk was extremely helpful and happy to help us out with info on the local beaches and snorkeling spots. Directly
Next door is the "dinghy dock" what I would consider the best restaurant on the island with a really cool vibe. All in all, I would stay they're again as it would be my first choice.

Stayed: December 2016
1  Thank Citizen C
Reviewed October 24, 2016

We stayed at this Inn for one night in August 2016 while visiting Culebra. It was an excellent location. It was on the water and right next to the Dingy Dock restaurant which I would recommend as a great place for dinner. Also above from the Dingy Dock is a wonderful art gallery and culture exhibition space curated by Jorge Acevedo and Ani (Arte Culebra) who makes jewelry. The staff at Villa Boheme are friendly and aim to please. We had a problem with our plumbing and the owner/manager was able to resolve the problem over the phone using security lock system which allowed us to transfer rooms after hours without having to wait for someone to come in person.

Room Tip: Wi-fi located only in outdoor patio area in range of the office. No wi-fi in rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2016, traveled with family