“So Cool!! So Fun!! it was truly Awesome!!”

Culebra Island Adventures
Ranked #1 of 18 Tours in Culebra
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Come and enjoy small groups snorkeling in one of the Caribbean's most pristine islands, Culebra, Puerto Rico. Experience swimming with turtles,sea rays, and colorful fish through breathtaking corals, while being guided b y certified professionals in beautiful and warm turquoise waters.
Ann Arbor, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“So Cool!! So Fun!! it was truly Awesome!!”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I am glad we picked CIA . The group was very small and we all got personal attention. Damian and Diego made our adventure so much fun. Both Father and Son were very relaxed and in control all the time . They did not rush us or seemed hassled even when it started to rain. That surely made me very relaxed, as this was our first snorkeling trip. They knew the best spot and continuously pointed out the different fishes , turtle etc. Even though my husband and daughter knew swimming very well , I do not. However as promised by Damian and his wife this was totally a non issue once I was in the sea, they were always by our side which made me feel very safe and thanks to life vest and flotation tube they provided just for me which helped me swim. This was truly a great experience which we will cherish forever !. I strongly recommend Culebra Island adventure.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank AMworldtraveller

New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Terrible firm with poor service”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

We scheduled a tour as well as a transportation services from the company. The ferry was scheduled to leave at 9 am(informed by the Culebra Island Adventures), we got the ferry ticket ON OUR OWN around 8:37 am (There was no one guide you at the ferry). The tickets showed the same departure time as 9:00 am, however, the ferry left the dock at 8:40 am. The poor services and inaccurate information from Culebra Island Adventures made us miss the ferry. We were really pissed off and waited for hours until got onto the next ferry. After knowing that we missed the very frist ferry, the company decided not to pick us up on the island, and they didn't not pick up my calls. I was really sad that I didn't make the tour. What's worse, the company insisted that it is our fault to miss the ferry and charged me the full amount of $208. DO NOT BOOK THE TRIP WITH THE COMPANY! BELIEVE ME!

Visited December 2013
10 Thank 925fredricl
CIA_TEAM, Owner at Culebra Island Adventures, responded to this review, December 28, 2013
Dear Fredric,

In fact we are also very sad that you could not make it to the tour, but what we are most saddened about is that you fail to say how you missed the same ferry that the two other parties who were ridding with you on the same private transportation we arranged for you to make it to the ferry terminal. How did they make it on and you did not? You are the first customer in our almost two year long business history to have missed the ferry in a terminal that only has two destinations. We cannot be responsible for your carelessness and irresponsibility. As per our over 200 excellent reviews we always do all we can to make it a great experience.

Best,
CIA Team
Severna Park, Maryland
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A must-do in Culebra!”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

I have read nothing but good reviews about Culebra Island Adventures and my experience definitely lived up to expectations. My boyfriend and I booked a tour on Mon 11/19, but due to storms over the weekend, they moved it to Tuesday (they normally don't do tours on Tue/Wed I believe). Diego was our guide and we got really lucky because we were the only ones on the tour that day.

Our hotel was in the Condado area, so we opted to fly from Isla Grande Airport to Culebra to maximize our time on the island and also, flying in the tiny plane and seeing Puerto Rico from above was an experience in itself. Diego was waiting for us at the Culebra airport and took us to Tamarindo Beach, where we had the beach to ourselves at 8am. We kayaked to a spot, snorkeled around the reefs while Diego took underwater pics, kayaked back to the beach, and ate lunch (sandwiches, chips, apples, soda). We were suppose to do more snorkeling afterwards, but my boyfriend wasn't feeling too well from having swallowed sea water. Diego was very accommodating; he offered to drive us around to show us the island or take us to Flamenco Beach and do the snorkeling part later. We chose the latter, so he dropped us off at Flamenco Beach and picked us up after a few hours. We went back to Tamarindo Beach to snorkel with sea turtles and sting rays for 45 mins, and finally, Diego took us back to the airport. The pics were on facebook the following day.

I would definitely use CIA again. This was hands down the best part of our Puerto Rico trip!

Visited November 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Got the most out of Culebra!”
Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

If you visit Culebra your main goal might be to visit one of the world's nicest beach, but after two or three hours there, what? This is where CIA comes in!

Laura, Damian and Diego are pros at what they do! Tour starts at Tamarindo Beach, where you get on a kayak to one of the most beautiful coral reefs of the island. Even if you're new to kayaking, they're there to assist you and get you going like a pro! We spent around 45 minutes exploring the beautiful reef seeing all sorts of marine life, from clown fish, to Barracudas, to even a giant Lobster! The staff is always with you and makes sure you get to see all the wonders of the reef.

After we kayaked back from the reef to the beach, yummy sandwiches, sodas, water, chips awaited us and were part of the tour. Then more fun! We swam to grass beds not far from the beach where many friendly turtles swam with us and sort of posed for the pictures the staff takes throughout the entire tour. We also saw octopus, sting rays, squids and much more! Lastly, we saw a coral farm where they are planting new coral to increase marine life in the area.

The last portion of tour was a trip to Flamenco Island, the island's most popular beach where white sand and turquoise water were like just taken out of a portrait.

I totally recommend this tour to anyone who wants to really experience the many beautiful things Culebra has to offer! If you're staying in Culebra, they provide transportation and if you're coming from Puerto Rico (or La Isla as Culebrans say), they even book the ferry for you!

Do it! You will not be disappointed!

Thank you so much Laura and Damian, we had so much fun!!

1 Thank Yussefo
New York City, New York
“Great Adventure Experience”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

The CIA tour was one of the best experience in Puerto Rico trip. The tour guide family, Damian, Laura and Diego are so nice and well organized everything(ferry ticket and confirmation etc).
Absolutely, the tour was worth!!!

Visited November 2013