“Highlight of Our Trip”

Capt Dan Classic Sails Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: I love to sail! I do customized sail trips and sailing lessons designed to be just what you want and when you want. If it sounds like fun to you it will probably sound like fun to me - so let's do it!
Milwaukee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Highlight of Our Trip”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

A big thank you to Dan! Our trip with him was definitely one the of the best memories of our vacation. Culebrita was amazingly beautiful and I enjoyed the hike around the island and the beaches there are incredible. I didn't want to leave! Dan is a wonderful captain and guide - if you don't do this day tour with him, you are missing out!

1 Thank TravelWag0n

Portland, Oregon
“Go With Dan!”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

The cherry on top of our week in Culebra was our trip with Dan. He took us on a beautiful day trip and hike. Dan is also a great resource on where to go and what to do on the island. You won't see him without a smile on his face.

Conway, AR
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Even better than I'd hoped for, based on excellent reviews.”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

My boyfriend and I spent 5 days camping on Flamenco Beach over Thanksgiving. As we are both interested in sailing, I had emailed Capt. Dan ahead of time to arrange a day sail. Dan was just as friendly, knowledgeable, and fun to hang out with as everyone had said! He really is an expert sailor, and a great teacher. We had fair winds for a sail to Culebrita, and we enjoyed talking and taking in the gorgeous views along the way. We did the adventure hike, and it was absolutely incredible. Dan carried all our stuff, took pictures for us, and was a great guide as he described the highlights along the hike. While we ended up visiting 5 of the beaches on Culebra's mainland over our visit, I still say the two beaches we visited on Culebrita were tops. The water, the views, and the natural beauty of the islet are stunning. The hike was somewhat strenuous and definitely for active people, but it was fun and perfect for us.

We thoroughly enjoyed spending the day sailing and swimming with Dan. He was by far the coolest person we ended up meeting on our trip. We got dinner for him that night, because we had such a great time (even though it took us 3 hours to find some!). This generous man even let us use his bathroom for a shower after two grungy days of traveling, camping, and swimming. He gave us some great tips on food (Homeless Dog Cafe, Zaco's Tacos) since half the restaurants on the island were closed while we were there. We saw him at Zaco's the next day, and when my boyfriend told Dan that he'd left his knife on the boat, Dan assured us he would find it and leave it for us, which he did.

Dan made our trip to Culebra a truly unforgettable experience, and we were so thankful to meet him while were were there. I will definitely go sailing with Dan again next time we're in Culebra, and maybe even in California!

Culebra, Puerto Rico
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great sail!”
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Captain Dan has provided myself and my girlfriend with some of our best days during our stay on Culebra island. We have chartered his boat many times while on the island because of the fun ride out and the breathtaking destinations. He has a way of making the sail both relaxing and informative. He always goes out of his way to make sure we understand what is going on, extend our knowledge of sailing, and (most importantly) to make sure all have a good time. I would highly recommend grabbing a charter with Dan. His trips gave us a better scope of the beauty of the area and are definitely a high point of any trip to the Caribbean.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank JohnnyVersaci
San Francisco, California
“Sailing with Captain Dan”
Reviewed June 14, 2012

I had my first sail with Captain Dan, last year on labor day 2011. It was absolutely incredible. I felt completely safe and at ease while sailing with Capt. Dan, even when I didn't know a single person on the boat! He encouraged us all to learn and to help while out on our sail, which was a wonderful surprise! It was fun to not only be a passenger but feel part of a crew! I highly recommend his sails to anyone...your experience will be nothing but amazing!

Visited September 2011