The Lighthouse
  • Free Internet
El Blok Hotel(Esperanza)
$162
  • Breakfast included
Malecon House(Isla de Vieques)
$163
Hacienda Tamarindo(Isla de Vieques)
$167
Orbitz.com
$227
Hilton.com
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsmini fridgelight houserooms are cleanenjoyed our staydifferent placesmaryferrybeachesislandgolfcartflamingorenting
Reviewed July 9, 2013

The Lighthouse is the perfect little place to stay when you visit Culebra because:

1. It's adorable and perfectly CLEAN!
2. It's location is a 3 minute walk from the airport (which was an AWESOME way to get there!) and a 5 minute drive to the most beautiful beach in the world.
3. Dave and Mary!!!! (I have NEVER had better customer service from any hotel in my life.)
......and we've traveled a lot!

They are simply amazing. I forgot my suitcase on the main island (for a 4 day visit) and she let me borrow clothes. WHO DOES THAT??!!

We will never forget them or this trip and can't wait to visit again!!

Thanks Mary!! You should be the poster child for customer service:)

Connie Lowery

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
mjwiedner, Owner at The Lighthouse, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. Frankly, I thought that you handled your lack of luggage with grace and good humor. I was happy to help out with a few things. David and I really enjoyed meeting you and your family and hope to see you again. Enjoy your summer.
Wishing you all the best - Mary and David.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

The Lighthouse is a nice, quiet place to stay in Culebra. It's a tiny hike out of town - totally walkable but more fun with a golf cart. Conveniently located next to the "biggest" supermarket on the island, as well as the cheapest golf cart rental. Mary & Dave, the owners, are great hosts and answered all our questions. They really did a good job of stocking the rooms - I LOVED that there is a coffee maker, coffee, and creamer provided in the room so that I didn't have to morph into a grouchy monster every morning before breakfast. My husband loved that they provided bug spray, since the lovely garden does harbor some mosquitos. All in all, a convenient, quiet, cozy, and welcoming place to stay on the island.

Room Tip: Book early if you're just a couple - the smaller rooms fill up fast. We ended up having to stay in the family room with an extra bed, which was ok too.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MsSabrita
mjwiedner, Owner at The Lighthouse, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It was great to meet you both. I also need my coffee in the morning! Glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

The lighthouse was perfect. We had a bit of trouble getting to Culebra via the ferry (would recommend taking a plane) however Mary did not mind our changing schedule and was there waiting when we finally arrived. She gave us a thorough tour of the town, and let us know about all the beaches. The room was very clean and all the amenities were helpful. (Particularly the beach chairs!) Down the street was a really nice/reasonably priced convenience store as well as a golf cart rental. It was also within walking distance to an ice cream shop with waffle cones made to order which was a perfect late night treat. Mary also gave us a ride back to the ferry on very short notice. Overall it was a wonderful experience and would definitely stay again!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your lovely review. It was a pleasure to meet you both.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

I stayed in the Blue Room for four nights. It was a great experience. Mary and Dave are relaxed, informative, helpful persons. I walked downtown Dewey every day, but took the public van or small bus from the airport just down the hill to Flamenco Beach. Three bucks each way, but much cheaper than renting a car or golf cart. A grocery store is close to this property. A two minute walk. The Lighthouse has a comfortable patio/garden area with a table and chairs, a nice amenity for sitting and watching all the flora, the feral chickens, lizards, and iguanas. Mary will pick you up and take you back to either the airport, or the ferry dock. This is where I would stay again if I ever get to go back again. Most sincere appreciation for being able to stay with you. Book no less than a month in advance.

Room Tip: The Blue Room has a comfortable full bed. This place is the real deal.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 26, 2013

When booking my room at the Lighthouse I received wonderful service. I was planing a special occasion for my girlfriend and I, so I called and texted Mary many times about the inn and things to do on the island. She was so nice and responded promptly and knowledgeably to my many requests even if they had nothing to do with the inn.

Unfortunately I had to change the dates of our trip and there were no rooms available for the revised dates. Mary was so kind and easy to work with when I had to cancel, and while we didn't get to stay at the lighthouse this time I wouldn't hesitate to book with them in the future.

Thanks Mary for being so wonderful!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
mjwiedner, Owner at The Lighthouse, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Thank you so much for your lovely review. I hope that you have found lodging and enjoy your stay on Culebra.
All the best,