“Wonderful Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Aquatic Adventures

Aquatic Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Aquatic Adventures provides a fun and safe dive experience. We can take up to 6 divers (we're not a cattle boat) with a dive instructor (not just a dive master). Taz has over 20 years experience as a Dive Instructor. Culebra is known for it's healthy soft corals and good visibility. We do not have streams to cloud up the water. The marine park provides an excellent place for the fish and lobster to grow and multiply. We love taking out families who can be a mix of divers and snorkelers or Discover Divers and experienced divers. .
New York, New York, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Wonderful Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

I needed to finish my SCUBA certification by doing my open water dives and got a referral to do them with Aquatic Adventures in Culebra. They were great and Todd was outstanding. Their professionalism, patience and overall service was excellent. I did 4 dives and completed the required skills for certification and wish I could have done 100 more! I would highly recommend that you book a trip with them while in Puerto Rico, it is totally worth it.

Visited December 2012
3 Thank Joan M

Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Nice Dives with Taz and Todd!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

We just went diving with Taz and Todd this past weekend in Culebra and had a great time! On our first dive we saw a shark eat the (bad) lionfish that Taz caught. On our second dive I swam right behind a baby turtle and it was so amazing! Their diving style is great, we swam right over the reefs and saw a bunch of different fish and sea life.

In between the dives, Taz made awesome turkey sandwiches and gave us cookies, chips, drinks, etc. After our dives we had a local rum which was delicious! We highly recommend this diving crew. They are great!

Visited December 2012
2 Thank akondra
Minneapolis, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“The Best 2 dudes and a boat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

Taz and Todd are the best I have encountered in my travels and 200+ dives. Easy going and accommodating to all levels of divers, there are no strict time limits (Stuart Cove/Bahamas) a couple of our dives over this past Thanksgiving day weekend (where there were no cancelations as noted in other reviews, 3 of us dove every day for a week with no issues- but we weren't set on a 10:30 dive time every day either) were over an hour long. The vis was a little off due to the northern swells, but that's no one's fault. We had one of the best dives ever with a good sized octopus putting on a show for us, several big barracuda, lobsters that looked like they could take on Godzilla. Judging a dive area on one day of diving is not a good way to go- you might not see anything on a site one time and then rays and sharks and octo's and turtles the next.

The great thing about Taz and Todd are they are just 2 dudes with a boat and tons of experience in the area, know all the hidden gems of diving in the area, very flexible and great people to boot. I have gone back 3 times to Culebra because of Taz and the diving experience. They take care of everything on the boat, there's lunch and at the end of the day sometimes special libations at the end of the day. This level of service sometimes will juggle the schedule as they get last minute calls (as noted in the reviews) and try and get everyone out on the water.

The bad reviews are to me unbelievable because I have seen these guys on probably 35 dives and they're the same every time. Do not hesitate to go out with these guys, ask any experienced divers who've been around the world, they will tell you Taz and Todd are a rare find.

3 Thank Mark S
NYC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Despicable!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

So I make a reservation for 2 people with them more than a month in advance for a dive during the thanksgiving weekend. But a few days prior the actual date, I get a call from them saying "We have to cancel your reservation as we have some other people who want to dive at the same time, and we have to move you to some other time slot".
Now this is absolutely unheard off in my mind. The reason I plan a so well in advance and take the effort to call and make reservations is to get a time slot of my choice. But then to learn that the business is cancelling it, because they got a bigger party is just not done.
Cancelling my reservations this close to the day (not any day but a Thanksgiving weekend) means all other dive shops have their calendars full and I won't get a spot anywhere else.
To top that off Mr. Taz says - "This is how business is done". Well Mr. Business man, you just lost business for two people, and a handful of my friends who were planning a trip in December who WOULD have got good reviews from me AND probably a few more how will read this review.

So people if you want to get duped and tricked go ahead and make a reservation!

6 Thank dtraveller123
tazhamrick, Owner at Aquatic Adventures, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
There seems to be a miscommunication. Your reservation was never cancelled. We asked you to move up your dive time from 10:30 to 9:00 to accommidate another group. You were very set on 10:30. This is high season. Lots of people come here for Thanksgiving week and not all of them plan as far ahead as you did. We just asked for a little help from you to squeeze a large group of experienced divers. Then you no longer answered or responded to our phone calls. You are still scheduled to dive that day.
Minneapolis, MN
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

Had a great experience with Taz and Todd. Both are highly knowledgeable and make a great team. We had a very diverse skill level on the boat between us 5 customers, but it worked out better than I thought.

Top-side, we kicked back and relaxed as we cruised around the island en route to our spots. Later Taz fixed up a sandwich lunch. They took care of rigging all the gear which was a nice touch.

Dive-wise, saw a good amount of sealife, and visibility was 'ok' (20'). My rating here is based on the business and their service; although, I would probably rate the diving at 3stars compared to other locations I have been. No one can guarantee perfect diving conditions, as the ocean is never predictable.

Bottom-line, if (when) I return back to this island, I will not hesitate to call these guys up again.

2 Thank Jason W