“Despicable!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Aquatic Adventures

Aquatic Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Aquatic Adventures provides a fun and safe dive experience. We can take up to 6 divers (we're not a cattle boat) with a dive instructor (not just a dive master). Taz has over 20 years experience as a Dive Instructor. Culebra is known for it's healthy soft corals and good visibility. We do not have streams to cloud up the water. The marine park provides an excellent place for the fish and lobster to grow and multiply. We love taking out families who can be a mix of divers and snorkelers or Discover Divers and experienced divers. .
NYC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Despicable!!”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

So I make a reservation for 2 people with them more than a month in advance for a dive during the thanksgiving weekend. But a few days prior the actual date, I get a call from them saying "We have to cancel your reservation as we have some other people who want to dive at the same time, and we have to move you to some other time slot".
Now this is absolutely unheard off in my mind. The reason I plan a so well in advance and take the effort to call and make reservations is to get a time slot of my choice. But then to learn that the business is cancelling it, because they got a bigger party is just not done.
Cancelling my reservations this close to the day (not any day but a Thanksgiving weekend) means all other dive shops have their calendars full and I won't get a spot anywhere else.
To top that off Mr. Taz says - "This is how business is done". Well Mr. Business man, you just lost business for two people, and a handful of my friends who were planning a trip in December who WOULD have got good reviews from me AND probably a few more how will read this review.

So people if you want to get duped and tricked go ahead and make a reservation!

6 Thank dtraveller123
tazhamrick, Owner at Aquatic Adventures, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
There seems to be a miscommunication. Your reservation was never cancelled. We asked you to move up your dive time from 10:30 to 9:00 to accommidate another group. You were very set on 10:30. This is high season. Lots of people come here for Thanksgiving week and not all of them plan as far ahead as you did. We just asked for a little help from you to squeeze a large group of experienced divers. Then you no longer answered or responded to our phone calls. You are still scheduled to dive that day.

Minneapolis, MN
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great day”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Had a great experience with Taz and Todd. Both are highly knowledgeable and make a great team. We had a very diverse skill level on the boat between us 5 customers, but it worked out better than I thought.

Top-side, we kicked back and relaxed as we cruised around the island en route to our spots. Later Taz fixed up a sandwich lunch. They took care of rigging all the gear which was a nice touch.

Dive-wise, saw a good amount of sealife, and visibility was 'ok' (20'). My rating here is based on the business and their service; although, I would probably rate the diving at 3stars compared to other locations I have been. No one can guarantee perfect diving conditions, as the ocean is never predictable.

Bottom-line, if (when) I return back to this island, I will not hesitate to call these guys up again.

2 Thank Jason W
DeSoto, Texas
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Good DIve experience”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We had a tough time finding a dive operation that was available in fajardo so we called Culubra. We got Taz at the last minuite and he met us at the ferry dock and took us on a 2 tank dive. I was with a buddy on his first dive and this was a perfect operation and location for him. Taz and Todd were personable and friendly and took good care of us. Their operation is laid back low pressure. We had snorklers along with us so we went to sites that accomodated both. If your with snoklers and or newly certified this is a great crew and site.

The dives themselves were a little disappointing to me. We had read that Culubra was great diving. The water was not as clear as expected. The recent storms contributed to this so it was just our bad luck. The viz was around 40'. There was not much to see other than some coral and a lion fish and couple lobsters. I am spoiled in that regard as I am used to cozumel and bahamas, where the viz is 100' most days.

Overall it was a great day and anytime your underwater its a good day.

1 Thank bevosbuddy
Calhoun, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Experience !!”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We contacted Taz at the last moment on Oct. 25 about twenty minutes before they left the docks . They gave us plenty of time to make the boat by waiting for us .
This would be my girlfriends first time ever snorkeling and was a little nervous, as we left the docks Taz made sure to "break the ice" with safety procedures about the boat and the locations that we would visit, this really helped !!
As we were on our way to each spot Taz and Ann would tells us about the local history and fill us in about what we were seeing along the shorelines. They both were very knowledgeable and had answers to all questions .
Once on site Ann made sure that everyone had the proper fitting equipment , we entered the water and then she followed in herself to help the first timers become at ease with the surroundings . The locations they chose were ideal and very safe !!
The boat was a very sturdy craft with updated engines and controls & was handled perfectly,
Taz & Ann worked as one when handling lines and anchoring unlike some other operations I have seen before ... The safety of passengers and crew were never in doubt !!
If you have the time when in Culebra, take the trip !! The prices are very modest for the time
spent on the water & the hospitality they share with you (lunch is included)... Remember to bring cash for the price of the trip , we didn't remember this but it didnt stop us from being accommodated and was allowed to settle up when we returned back to shore. Also remember there is only one bank on the island and the ATM does run out of cash from time to time ... luckily we didn't have to scrub the boat for payment !!

Thanks to you both for adding to our experience of Culebra ... Alan & Beth

Visited October 2012
2 Thank Alan T
Los Angeles, California, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“great fellas, amazing dive!”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Taz and Todd are the perfect team. They really made my short stay at Culebra amazing. I went diving with four other people and they treated us all like their mates. We all had a terrific day diving - two full hour dives, sandwiches, cookies, chips, water and soda, snorkeling and some great chats and story telling from Taz. The diving was beautiful and the guys really made sure everyone was comfortable.

They invited us all to catch up that night for tacos which I thought was pretty awesome. I ended up catching up with them and had a fantastic night out.

Todds wife Shellie was also nice enough to sort me out with accommodation that night.

Highly reco!