“Amazing food”

Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

Peri is very accommodating and the food is PHENOMENAL. She made sure from beginning to end she met my every request. She also made a beautiful, delicious, custom-made wedding cake. She took a lot of my worries away. AND she did it all with <2 weeks notice! My only concern was after I paid a 75% deposit on an agreed upon price, which was at the top end of my budget, she told me she expected a 15% tip. I was prepared to give a good tip, but not 15% (total bill was >$2000). I'm a fair tipper too, when I go out to restaurants I tip 15-20%. None of the other vendors (I had 5 others that I worked with on the island - 4 from main island and 1 from Culebra) I worked with did that. I wish that was just included in the quote, I would have known I couldn't afford it and told Peri that. Even still, Peri was understanding and very nice to let it go. Again, food and service is excellent, totally worth it, HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT, just be prepared to add on 15% of the agreed upon price for catering services.

There are newer reviews for The Homeless Dog Cafe

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Peri catered our group of 5 several nights of our stay at Culebra beach Villas. The food was excellent and she will bend over backwards to accommodate your palate. Try the mushroom ravioli, fresh grouper and grouper fingers. The marinated flank steak was also a winner. Compared to what chef services are charging in some of the other islands I've been to, YOU CAN'T BEAT THIS!!! You don't have to leave your veranda. She comes in [we also had appetizers before diner], prepares fresh food, and cleans up before she leaves.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

17 dollars a plate this past Sunday for a small piece of chicken and rice and beans. The restaurants don't charge as much and have way better food. Try Munchies!

3  Thank Cr3culebra
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Perry was our chef last New Year's Eve. We had a party of 11 people and everyone was pleased. Some had the pork and rice combo, others had fish. Portions were good, food was good, dessert was an average flan, I thought it tasted store bought, my out of town in laws liked it. Food arrive on time and the price was write for the convenience. You must reserve ahead of time and confirm.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

Sorry to use the American Baseball analogy but the homeless Dog Cafe was a Grand slam.

They delivered food to the house where we were staying and it was way beyond expectation. Great people, great food, awesome place to visit.

At one point we had more than a few people over and again they catered the goods. Forget about the menu - just tell them to bring whatever they want with a little bit of direction on how much money you want to spend- and be surprised because whatever they are cooking on a given day is great.