“The Most Romantic Anniversary”

The Homeless Dog Cafe
Ranked #3 of 40 Restaurants in Culebra
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 8, 2012

The Homeless Dog Cafe, in Culebra, created the most special, beautiful and romantic anniversary anyone could dream of. It was our 8th wedding anniversary and we were wisked away by boat to a secluded floating dock in the middle of the bay. When we arrived, there was a beautifully set table for two. Already prepared was a seafood salad with shrimp and lobster...to die for!! And the main course was steak and asparagus wrapped in bacon. So good!!!! We also had white wine sangria that had apples, pears and oranges in it. Unvelievable!!!! Dessert was equally amazing, if not the best part, banana cake with caramel and fresh whipped cream, topped with fresh summer cherries that had been sauteed in Bourbon. After explaining everything to us, Hector and Perri then left us on the dock all by ourselves for 2 hours. It was absolutely beautiful. An experience I will never forget. Thanks so much to The Homeless Dog Cafe, you truly out did yourself!!!!!

1  Thank Nikki H
RufusBustahPri, Owner at The Homeless Dog Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

Well, this was a good one!
Plan a ocean anniversary luncheon/ supper. Find a floating venue,Make and serve a romantic lunch for two, give them privacy without abandoning them...Do it all the while the wife is with you but without her knowledge.....Okay
. What a day! Done done done.. So beautiful can not wait to do it again for someone. This will be a Homeless Dog package from NOW ON.

Reviewed June 23, 2012

We have been on Culebra for a few days and were really craving the good vegetarian food we eat at home. The Homeless Dog was recommended. We ordered vegetarian noodles and curry, as well as a random order of cornbread. The food was delivered early, much to our excitement. Then we dug in. It was the best curry we've ever eaten (red vegetable curry and an absolutely amazing chickpea curry, which started as chickpea stew but was revised by the chef when I expressed an interest in curry) as well as buckwheat noodles in misplaced sauce. I wish I would have ordered two meals, despite the generous size, so I could have it for breakfast. So. Very. Good. Perfect balance of spices, good heat and very fresh ingredients. Also the food was reasonably priced and they bring it to your door! I only wish we had a Homeless Dog at home. Don't miss this if you visit Culebra!!

1  Thank CbusK22

So glad we could provide you with something you were craving. Come back soon and we can do it again......

Reviewed June 18, 2012

We were at Culebra for my wife's Birthday and I'm so glad I chose the homeless dog to deliver our dinner and cake.

We got delivered a 2 grouper fish dishes instead of one having to be veggie dish (due to a communication gap) for my vegetarian wife, which I luckily happened to notice after Hector left. Once I called them they were quick to make & send out the veggie couscous dish in no time.
No doubt their food is great, but Peri & Hector truly go above and beyond to make your experience wonderful.

One thing people need to realize that this is a small island not like the US where you get 15min Dominos pizza, everything moves a little slowly and leisurely here and thats the fun of it.

And yes, the birthday cake dripping of chocolate was out of the world.

1  Thank SVashist_14

Along the way while trying to get all the kinks of business . The trails and errors create your MO so to speak.
We are getting there our Island makes it a daily challenge to provide good ,nutrious and delicious food for our travelers thank you for taking notice and the time to letting us know. Truly appreciated.

Reviewed June 16, 2012

Hey so I just called these guys one night when it was seriously raining. Well I will say it takes awhile for the food but, it is worth the wait I got the shrimp curry, very nice light curry flavor I was short a few dollars when i called since the atm at the grocery store was broken they still gave me some extra cake. I wish I had a homeless dog in Utah

Reviewed May 30, 2012

The Homeless Dog Cafe is delivery only restaurant in the island of Culebra, Puerto Rico. My husband and I were getting little sick from all the fried food in Puerto Rico and decided to order some food from this place one night. We were very happy with the food. It was clean, well cooked, not salty or sweet, and not fried which was important. Delivery took about an hour but it was worth it! You must try their food when you are in Culebra, seriously.