“Great food with local flare”
Review of El Caobo

El Caobo
Ranked #16 of 40 Restaurants in Culebra
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We finall went to El Caobo after living on Culebra for 1 full year and I was not disappointed with the food and the flavors. It is true that Marcos can be a little grumpy in the beginning, but man, get a few drinks, sit back, relax and enjoy the evening and you will get to talk to a cool man! He took our drink orders and we sat at the bar hoping to get a table to sit down. We ordered out food and were able to sit down.

We ordered the Argentinian sausage in wine sauce and also the egg rolls for appetizer. I must say that the appetizers were fantastic. For our main course I ordered the churrasco (medium) along with the rice and beans and a side of tostones. The meat was cooked perfectly (nice medium, which is hard to get in any other restaurant on Culebra) and the rice and beans had the delicious home cooked flavors. Let me explain that this is not a 5 star restaurant or food. This is just a home made dinner...comfort food. The prices are a little on the steep side (the whole red snapper was $25.00 so, I didn't get it). the tostones were home made and tasted delicious.

I recommend you go here to eat some comfort home made food. Just be ready to wait for about 1 1/2 hour for your food. Order a drink and try to chit chat with Marcos.

Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

Total dive. Which isn't a problem if the food/service or atmosphere is good, but it was horrible.

Owner was beyond Rude.

They also brought us two of everything we ordered and charged us wayyyy more than it was worth.

Avoid.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

By far the best Puerto Rican food in Culebra. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. We eat there every time we're in Culebra. Try the whole fish...it is amazing! I order it every time I'm there. The rice and beans are good too. I'm not too crazy about the chicken breast. It's good but the fish is so much better. Plan on a long wait. My husband and I usually bring our books and read while we're waiting. The owner is a character. It takes a little while for him to warm up to you but once he does, he'll tell you all sorts of interesting things about the island. Last time we were there we had such a great time, felt like we were visiting family. Love it.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

If you want really good food at a great price, try this place! Open Monday - Saturday. Make a left right before the playground (coming from the direction of the ferry) and it will be up the road on the right. We were the only ones in there, and the service was not fancy, but the food hit the spot. Delicious rice and beans, pork chops and plantains were exactly what we wanted! Cash only!

Reviewed January 31, 2013

This place was great, finally after my last night on Culebra i had to beg a local to tell me where I can get typical food which is NOT expensive and NOT fancy.... El Caobo it is!!!! The owner little rough around the edges, but smile and he'll be friendlierrr... Great meal probably the best my entire time on Culebra or in PR in total. Go HERE!!!!

2  Thank RosieB1117