“Great food in Culebra ”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed May 8, 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is our favorite in Culebra. Service is always friendly and the seafood fresh. Meat lovers like the churrasco and other cuts, while vegetarians also have options available. Ask for the day’s “catch”!

Reviewed April 16, 2018

Although this place is at the end of the town, it's a lovely cosy restaurant. Maybe the experience would have been different if we had dinner inside, but outside it was so nice with the lights on that the vibe was really good.

We met the owners (one is the metre and the other one is the chef). They seemed such a nice people and were really nice helping us about the menu options they had.

For dinner we had two starters: Marinated Mussels and Tostones. Mussels were just amazing, omg the sauce... I am not a big fan of warmed/fried banana but I must say tostones were really good. As mains my wife and I shared lobster risotto and conch salad. The risotto was really really good, conch salad was the least good dish we had probably, but wasn't bad. Finally we had chocolate cake as a desert, and I totally recommend it. Not too heavy, really smooth and light.

Reviewed April 7, 2018 via mobile

By far one of the best serviced and food wise place here on the island. The food was perfect from the appetizer to the course meal, even to the drinks. This is a five star restaurant. Looking forward to returning for top quality food. El mejor restaurante de culebras!!! No hay comparación!!!

Reviewed March 20, 2018

We were a group of 5 eating dinner on a Friday night. We'd been told to make early reservations as it is a small place and fills up fast. Our seating was at 6:30 and we were the second group in the restaurant. We ordered drinks and appetizers which were delivered to the table promptly. My wife ordered the bushwacker and pronounced it better than the one at Mamacita's - the place that made them famous on Culebra. Appetizers were steamed mussels and bruschetta. First the bruschetta - fresh ingredients and very nice flavor. The cheese, we suspected, was locally sourced as we had bought some at a local fruit and vegetable shop that looked and tasted exactly the same. But as good as the bruschetta was, the mussels completely kicked it up to a different level. They were, I can say without hesitation, the best mussels I have ever eaten. These little guys were so tender that you barely had to chew and the fresh flavor was out of this world. The white wine and butter sauce was perfect and once we'd eaten all of them, our 17 year old refused to let the owner take the bowl so he could finish off the remaining juice with fresh bread and a spoon. Can't say enough about the mussels. Entrees were swordfish steak, grilled salmon, spinach ravioli, lobster risotto (substituted with shrimp the night we were there) and the stuffed fish filet. My wife, son and sister-in-law enjoyed their swordfish, salmon and ravioli but I and my brother-in-law were not completely impressed with the stuffed filet - a mix of melted cheese, shrimp and shredded fish piled on top of a swordfish steak and the lobster (shrimp) risotto. Not that they were bad, just not up to the standard set by some of the other dishes. What I can say is that this was probably the best meal out we had our six days on island. Well done El Eden!

I would have given this place a 5 rating had it not been for the two average dishes and the fact they were out of several items we tried to order. At first I thought it might be due to issues caused by the lingering hurricane recovery and circumstances beyond their control but as I read back through reviews since last September, many have mentioned ordering these same items so they were just out of them when we were there. Again not a huge deal but they were very common items - red snapper, lobster, mango and green plantains. We'd seen green plantains and mangos in the local fruit and veggie shop so know they were available on island and just don't understand being out of fresh red snapper and lobster since other restaurants we dined at on island had both. All in all, not enough to make the night or dinner unpleasant and we understand you never know what you might run in to on an island the size of Culebra - it just left us a little deflated that the server kept responding, "we're out of that tonight," as we ordered.

Reviewed March 18, 2018

Terrific dinner out on Culebra. Seafood focused with an Italian bent. Everything was excellent. Not inexpensive, but the food appeared to be fresh and expertly prepared. The owners were present and friendly. They took reservations for dinner and also accepted credit cards. Fine dining on Culebra (which means you can wear shorts and flip flops and not feel out of place)! They appeared to have a great wine selection, though we went for margaritas.