“Peace of Mind on Culebra”
Wild Life Refuge Cayo Luis Pena Beach..
Turtle Beach, Culebrita Wild Life Refuge, pick ups avail at VP's dock facilities..
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Wild Life Refuge Cayo Luis Pena Beach..
Outdoor Waterfront Terraces Adjoining Main Two Level Villa..
One of Three Ocean Front Outdoor Terraces..
Outdoor kitchen & BBQ..
Dock Facilities,Kayaks..
Dock Terrace..
Villa's Upper Level Dining, Fully Equipped Kitchen..
Expansive Upper Level Living/Dining/Kitchen Areas..
Aerial Views of Outdoor Terraces & Dock Facilities Adjoining Main Level Villa..
Zony Beach
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
Aston B
Laramie, Wyoming
“Peace of Mind on Culebra”
Reviewed April 15, 2015 for a stay in April 2015
person found this review helpful

First, I think the reason Villa Pelicano is such a success is due to the genuine interest Alex has for his guests' comfort. Booking a villa on Culebra and sending thousands of dollars via PayPal to someone I have never met was a daunting proposition at first. But the more I emailed with Alex the more comfortable I became with booking Villa Pelicano. Alex was quick to answer all emails, provided excellent information, and called during our stay to make sure we had everything we needed. His attention to guest satisfaction could not have been better.

The Villa is everything and more than described in other reviews. It was clean, well maintained, and all items worked as they should. The best part about the Villa is the outdoor kitchen and eating area. We did not appreciate how this area would be the central socializing area for our group of 8. We were in the house to sleep and shower, and that is pretty much about it.

A few things to note for folks considering the Villa...
It is a 7 minute golf cart ride to 'town' or about a mile.
It is a 16 minute golf cart ride to Flamenco.
The Villa is in a nice area and is at the end of a private road and is quiet. We walked along the main road and did some bird watching without concern.
Be prepared to bring everything you need to cook in terms of ingredients. The villa has the pots, pans, glasses, etc, but there were only a few left behind items like pepper. If you want coffee, plan to get sugar.
If you have questions, ask. I'm sure I asked Alex stuff he covered in the VRBO listing, but he always had a prompt and friendly response.

Overall, we looked forward to returning to the Villa to sit outside and have a glass of sangria and talk about our day.

Liked best: Outdoor kitchen
Traveling group: Large Group
Friends getaway Large groups
James D
Richmond, Vermont
“Villa pelicano was awesome”
Reviewed March 5, 2015 for a stay in February 2015

Villa pelicano was wonderful, incredible outdoor decks and living space, great location right on water, diving off docks after early morning run was spectacular. Multiple hammocks to relax with a cold drink. Bedrooms were spacious upstairs, down stairs were smaller but adequate. We rented whole villa which made it nice, all could share whole house. I asked my kids what was best, they agree rocking in hammocks while parents are cooking in outdoor kitchen was best.

Traveling group: Large Group
KevinRodr...
Guaynabo, Puerto Rico
“Natural Aquarium At Your Feet... Magical Getaway!! I'll be back with more People”
Reviewed January 28, 2015 for a stay in January 2015
people found this review helpful

Villa Pelicano was Clean and comfortable. Very important for me and my girl. The outdoor kitchen worried me at first but it was actually one of the things I ended up liking the most. I made breakfast with an amazing view everyday and BBq at night under stars or gazing a the sunset. Its location allowed us to do everything we wanted. 1st day we arrived before check in so we spent the whole day at world renown Flamenco Beach then BBQ burgers after check in. 2nd day had breakfast I made eggs toast and coffee before heading out to tamarindo beach we saw four giant sea-turtles there had gourmet sandwiches a el panino then came back and took the kayaks for a spin and headed out to snorkel Dahkiri reserve. It was far take water and so bring straps for the back rest of kayaks. We came back exhausted but victorious we saw many manta rays, sting rays and where caressed by school of 50 hand size fish pretty cool. After we docked the kayaks my brother and I snorkled around the pier and saw a plethora fish and 4 giant lobsters. Who knew we ha an aquarium right there. From then on whenever we ate something we hurled some bread under the pier and waited for the show. That night we ate out at dingy dock right around the corner, amazing view and Delicious. When we got back we all sat on the pier and we gazed up in wonder at the shooting stars as we savored some ice cream. Next day we went to Punta soldado for snorkeling and the Zoni beach for relaxing. We covered a lot of ground in two days and its all thanks to this villa size convenient location. Alex was also a very gracious host.

Liked best: Location View and Cleaniness
Liked least: Mosquitos, needs more fans
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Katya C
“Paradise!!! :-)”
Reviewed January 23, 2015 for a stay in August 2014
person found this review helpful

The best place in earth!!!!,,,love it ,,,great memories!! :-),,,I recommend you ,, peaceful,,,quiet,,,, the best

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
compenato...
“Five star doesn't do it justice”
Reviewed January 21, 2015 for a stay in January 2015

This is by far the most awesome place I have ever stayed in my life and I did it with twin toddler baby girls.from the get go Alex was super helpful with me and the needs that I had for the safety and well being of my girls..my wife was happy and sitting in the dock with my brother at night was epic drinking some brews and having a great time I wish Alex was my family member soo I can gilt him I too letting me live there for ever.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Austin, Texas
Reviewed December 30, 2014 for a stay in June 2014

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The outdoor areas, including dock and kayak availability
Liked least: Leaving
Traveling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
Management Response
Jan 5, 2015
THANKS DEARLY FOR POSTING YOUR EXPERIENCE ON THE WEB, WE CERTAINLY LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR NEXT VISIT, WISH YOU AND YOUR EXTENDED FAMILY A PROSPEROUS & FULL OF HEALTH HAPPY NEW YEAR!! VILLA PELICANO OCEANFRONT.
Idalia R
Atlanta, Georgia
“Beaitiful surroundings, shabby, expensive and poorly appointed”
Reviewed November 30, 2014 for a stay in November 2014
people found this review helpful

First, let me say that I have had a place on the beach for rental so I understand how hard it is to keep a place up when you rent it out to people. I also travel extensively for pleasure and with my job, so I have stayed at places all over the world. My review comes from comparing this experience with my own place for rent and those of others I have encountered in my travels. We paid $570/night for this place, which I consider outrageous given what we got.

The good: good internet access. The place has an amazing outdoor area, with a great grill and a nice peer. The bay is absolutely beautiful. the kayaks are nice (some of the life preservers need to be replaced). The AC units in the bedrooms work well. The owner has good communications skills. Things in the place were labeled.

The bad: The place is very poorly appointed. The pots and pans are old and cracked. Paradoxically, there are millions of covers for pots, but the actual good pots are missing. No good knives. The refrigerator lower part drops water on the food, and the oven looks like it is from the 40s. The entire kitchen needs to be remodeled as the cabinets are older than the bible and are hard to open. Cooking in this kitchen was hard, in a place that has very few restaurants and you have to cook. The washing machine is also very old and a cycle took years to complete.

The towels were counted, so we had to do laundry several times. There are no beach towels, and we could only find one hand towel per bathroom. No washcloths are provided and all the pillows are flat and uncomfortable. There were no comforters in the place.

The dining table inside does not accommodate all of the people that the place sleeps. The table is for 6 people only. We were 10 people and we were crowded around the small table.

The extra single beds are not real beds but rather folding beds, therefore there were extremely uncomfortable, and not meant for more than one back breaking night.

Cleanliness: The place was filthy, the bathroom rugs were dirty and not washed between us and the last guests, the bathroom floors in particular were deplorable. The place has institutionalized dirt and could use a good deep cleaning. There were cobwebs and dust all over the place. The walls are dingy.

The lighting inside is also poor. There were several light bulbs that were out. Some of the outlets on the walls were missing covers.

Finally, the mosquitoes outside were malignant, and even several coatings of Off would not keep the voracious things from biting. We mostly spent the time indoors, but they even found their way in because the screens on the windows are ill fitted and gaping holes are left between the screens and the window frame. The owner needs to spray or install a mosquito zapper to reduce the population. Even walking from the driveway to the door was a harrowing experience and once felt a gallon of blood was donated to the flying pests.

I told the owner about some of these things and he said he would address, so perhaps future guests will enjoy this place better than we did.

Overall, the owner needs to invest to revamp this place. It really needs total remodeling and the kitchen tools need to be replaced.

I would not recommend this place unless the owner re invests some of the money in the place.

Liked best: Location
Liked least: Poorly appointed, especially kitchen.
Traveling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Large groups
Management Response
Dec 3, 2014
Dear customers, we do take very seriously when clients present shady claims with facts that are just not true. Just read the four dozen + reviews from past customers, they truly enjoyed our facilities and found all utensils on the correct cabinets. One thing I do apologize for is the older pans which were not thrown out when we recently purchased over 10 pans of various sizes and colors, yes!! They are convenientely hanging on our Island fully equipped kitchen upstairs, with seating for up to 10 with additional chairs provided laying right there on the living room next to the dining table, plus additional seating at smaller table right in front of the futon/sofa in front of your Tv set. And our additional fully equipped kitchen outdoors with BBQ & Bar has seating for aprox. 18-20 guests, plus hammocks, and cabinets filled with yet more new pots & pans, utensil knives, steak knives, and all sort of kitchen utensils to say the least.
Lets point out your base rates per night invoiced for a total of 10 guests came to aprox. $50 per night, hardly ‘outrageous’, and unlimited use of kayaks for your convenience & joy. You’ve rented a 4,500 sq.ft. Villa with 6 bedrooms & 3 bathrooms, with 5 of the 6 bedrooms having one of the bdrms w. king size mattress, three w. queen size, and one w. full size bed, if my math adds well for your party of 10, you had plenty full size beds @ your disposal, we do not rent bedrooms separately to anyone, you rented the entire Villa. Yet our less than one year old Sealy/Posturpedic mattresses upgrades appear to not have been of your satisfaction either, just as the new pillows from ‘Bed Bath & Beyond’, and you’re right, we opt not to use comforters, we’re in the tropics, we do have ac in all bedrooms, and all beds have cotton bedspreads and 300-thread-count minimum bed sheets.
Hint: the ceiling fans in the living room have light switches on the wall, you need not to lit directly from the fan itself, or your turn off the lights ‘by accident’, sort of speak…
Our Sears-brand conventional full size oven works fantastic & broils too!! Its not digital, so sorry. We even have additional toaster oven & two toasters, four coffee brewers, blenders and cabinets without handles, they just open with one finger from their lower portion which is recessed, just as the bigger cabinets with fold out trays if care to pull them out. Another hint: if you fill the freezer with ice bags out of your coolers which are part/melt (one of our labels indicating ‘not to do’…), they do drip water unto the lower fridge part, and that is why ice bags should be kept in coolers, provided as well. Not feel like cooking? our small Island is not that small, neither lacking restaurants, here is the sample menu…: Gio’s, Dinghy Dock, Eden, Heathers, El Batey, El Caobo, Sussies, Zacos Tacos, Coconuts, half a dozen food trucks with local Caribbean flavors spread throughout town, The Food Kioskos by the airport & at the beach, also catering delivery services, etc..
I do find truly amazing you give us a call the last night of your stay to point out a light bulb doesn’t work, that you did not find the brand new pots & pans and/or utensils, or missed opening the right cabinet kitchen door for that matter, truly sorry. To point out, and I do appreciate your call by all means, that there was dirt & sand in the floor after already spending three days @ the Villa with 10 people coming in and out, we do humbly ask everyone try their best in leaving dirt and sand out in the terrace door entrance rugs, not inside our living room, another purpose of our ‘labeling’ and ‘signs’: ‘Please Sand-Off’ before entering premises!! Also do have brooms & mops throughout all terraces, entrances to the Villa, and not to be missed, plenty additional towels in bedroom closets, bathroom sinks and hallway closet.
And for ‘God and Mosquitoes Sake After the Rain’…which do roam in the tropics, the washer machine has three velocities, EXPRESS (10 MINUTES), SUPER EXPRESS (8 MINUTES), AND ‘HEAVY DOUBLE WASH’ (20 MINUTES +) WHICH IS MY GUESS THE ONE YOU OPTED TO. Kindest regards, PELICANO.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing