“Very good food”
Review of Shipwreck Bar and Grill - CLOSED

Shipwreck Bar and Grill
Cuisines: Contemporary
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Very good option to eat in Culebra. This time was our second visit to the restaurant and continue to be a good experience. The people at restaurant are very nice and excellent service. Prices are slightly high than other restaurants in the island but not much. Food was very good and I recommend it.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

My husband and I headed for Shipwreck Bar a few times to grab some relaxing drinks before heading to find dinner. Laid back bartenders and plenty of cold beverages in a shady & breezy hilltop spot that is welcome after all day at the beach. We also had one of our best meals at Shipwreck - very romantic and intimate at sunset. Very gourmet food and great atmosphere. We never made it upstairs to the "fancier" restaurant, but this was nice enough for us low budget travellers :) Loved it!

1  Thank Kris B
Reviewed April 30, 2013

This was my husband's favorite meal on the island. Everything was great! Good selections, drinks, ambience.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

This was the meal I was most looking forward to as I love risotto. Unfortunately they have a very limited and rotating menu, so risotto was not on the menu. I ended up getting a seafood pasta dish that was very good, but not spectacular. My husband's pork dish was absolutely amazing! Honestly, I've never had pork that was so good. The only down note was the ceviche. The ceviche itself was good, but they only gave you four little plantain chips to eat it with. It's so acidic that having some sort of starch would have made it a much more enjoyable appetizer, like crackers or something. Overall, it was a great meal, but our most pricey one on the island. Had it not been for the ceviche, this would have been 5 stars!

1  Thank Christine W
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Food: The food is exquisite and the proportions were fair. Chef Giovanny was very helpful and went to our table to explain the different dishes. The seafood risotto was amazing. Cuban Rice was simply out of this world. He made tropical rice (pineapple and other fruits of the season) was a mixture that my daughters enjoyed. He was very interested to prepare food for the kids. He did his best to please our palates. It is one of the best places to eat in Culebra. Excellent , great sevice, also, we did not have to wait long for the food. I recommend it.

Atmosphere: rustic with a great scenes view to the bay. Just relaxed.