“A General Comment”
Review of Shipwreck Bar and Grill - CLOSED

Shipwreck Bar and Grill
Cuisines: Contemporary
Reviewed April 18, 2012

For those of us who love the Shipwreck Bar and Grill in Rincon, I think it's important to know that this Culebra restaurant is not affiliated with the one in Rincon. Unfortunately we drove all the way to the other side of the island to find this out. We decided not to eat here because we were so disappointed, as a result this review does not reflect on the service or food quality at this establishment. In my opinion though, it is tasteless that this restaurant has ripped-off their name from another, similar Puerto Rican restaurant.

There are newer reviews for Shipwreck Bar and Grill

Reviewed June 1, 2011

We came here on vacation and were staying at the Bahia Hotel. On the first night We didn't want to travel too far for dinner, so we went to the Shipwreck. We're from New York and we've had good food. The food at Shipwreck was unexpectedly good for a hotel restaurant. The servers were really friendly and helpful. When we asked for the best and the freshest the waiter went down the menu and gave his recommendations. He didn't tell us anything about the Bahia Salad, so we were surprised by the size and taste. For $6 there was plenty of lettuce, the cheese was thinly shredded so that it wasn't overwhelming but lent a creaminess, dried cranberries, banana chips, dried pineapples and a passion fruit dressing lent a bit of sweetness. The waiter told us the specials were the freshest and recommended the scallops in a light curry sauce. My husband doesn't like curry so much and he liked this dish. It had just enough spice, but it was not overwhelming. The red snapper special was in a mole-like sauce that was really good and the fish was cooked just right. It was very tender.
We don't usually like red snapper and we finished this dish. I ordered the special lobster and crab linguine. It wasn't exceptional, but it was satisfying and it had real crab meat. The only complaint we had is we came in June and it's hot and muggy. This place is out in the open without any mosquito candles.

Reviewed April 13, 2011

We stayed at Bahia Marina where the restaurant is located and ate here twice. We ate at Susie's, El Eden and a great pizza place the other 5 nights. We had average expectations as our meals here 2 years ago were nothing exciting. However, I would rank this as a definite destination restaurant. The seafood was very fresh, the mojitos were fantastic and they had great cuts of meat. Even though I had great food all over Culebra that week, the meal I crave the most back here in cold Chicago was the Churrasco Mofongo made with yucca. Easily one of the best meals of my life. There is a great atmosphere in the open air bar and restaurant - I recommend arriving early enough for the sunset behind the beautiful hills and then enjoy the evening dining. They had really helpful and pretty young ladies waiting tables and behind the bar. The manager was really professional and cared about his customers. Good mix of young travelers, families, and couples. We can not wait to return and stay and eat at this great location.

1  Thank petemaravich
Reviewed February 6, 2011

I stayed at Bahia Marina and arrived starved my first night. Because I was hungry and tired I decided to eat right there and was glad I did. The service was very friendly and efficient and I loved eating outside, though under cover. I chose the fried whole snapper which was delicious - I eat a lot of fish and this tasted very fresh. It was served with a yummy light sauce that also was good with the accompanying fries. I ate there twice more during my week in Culebra and was never disappointed.

Reviewed October 2, 2010

For me this is by far the best restaurant on Culebra. The food is WOW! Delicious and fresh. If you going fishing and catch one they'll cook it for you. The Grouper fingers are to dead for and the surf and turf is just...just amazing. I'm eaten here at Thanksgiving and I felt like I was home.