This is my second stay in Culebra and I loved it even more this go round. Tamarindo Estates was a big part of my incredibly wonderful vacation. From our balcony we had a trillion dollar view. It took my breath away...I didn't think a place this affordable would have such a magnificent view. My boyfriend and I bought charcoal and had a cookout one night under the stars with the ocean as our soundtrack...incredible. The cottage itself and the grounds were very well maintained. We had a few roosters and chickens, but none of them crowed and woke us up, which was nice. The managers that greeted us, Karen and John, a married couple, gave us such a nice, warm welcome, it was really great. Karen helped us with restaurants and beaches for snorkeling and how to get places....basically like having our very own travel guide. I would visit again just to say hey to them.
I would suggest renting a car or scooter if you stay here because it's a little out of the way. That said, the island is so small that means 7 minutes from town instead of 4. I liked that it was a little secluded...even more relaxing.
Overall, this place rocks and will only add to an awesome island and an incredible vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tamarindo Estates provides twelve 1-BR guest rental apartments on a remarkably virgin 60-acre estate, in the quiet and exclusive Tamarindo beach location, across from Culebra's Marine Reserve. It is nicely secluded, yet a short 5 to 7 minute drive to town, where restaurants, grocery, and other stores are located. The 12 guest apartments afford great views of the ocean while you relax and sit on the apartment's private, covered deck. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Tamarindo Estates Beach Cottages Hotel Culebra
- Tamarindo Estates Beach Hotel
- Tamarindo Estates Beach Resort