“Awesome views!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Culebra
Tamarindo Estates Beach Apartments
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Culebra
New York City
“Awesome views!”
Reviewed January 11, 2009

This is my second stay in Culebra and I loved it even more this go round. Tamarindo Estates was a big part of my incredibly wonderful vacation. From our balcony we had a trillion dollar view. It took my breath away...I didn't think a place this affordable would have such a magnificent view. My boyfriend and I bought charcoal and had a cookout one night under the stars with the ocean as our soundtrack...incredible. The cottage itself and the grounds were very well maintained. We had a few roosters and chickens, but none of them crowed and woke us up, which was nice. The managers that greeted us, Karen and John, a married couple, gave us such a nice, warm welcome, it was really great. Karen helped us with restaurants and beaches for snorkeling and how to get places....basically like having our very own travel guide. I would visit again just to say hey to them.
I would suggest renting a car or scooter if you stay here because it's a little out of the way. That said, the island is so small that means 7 minutes from town instead of 4. I liked that it was a little secluded...even more relaxing.
Overall, this place rocks and will only add to an awesome island and an incredible vacation.

• Liked — The Million Dollar Views.
  • Disliked — small bedroom
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
San Juan
Reviewed July 5, 2008

We stayed during the summer of 07. It was a wondeerful experience thanks to the enormous beauty the island has but the place was just OK. The bad part is management: they are intolerant, obnoxious snobs who care nothing about your satisfaction as a paying guest.

There are other places to stay. Do shop around for a better deal.

Stayed July 2007
2 Thank JavierLongo
CulebraManager, Manager at Tamarindo Estates Beach Apartments, responded to this review, February 10, 2009
Tamarindo Estates caters to people looking for privacy and tranquility, and thus does not allow visitors who are not registered guests. This rule is posted in the rooms and in the website. The client who wrote this review brought up a bunch of his friends who were staying at another hotel in Culebra to use the Tamarindo swimming pool facilities. He was politely prevented from doing so by our resident manager.
vancouver
Reviewed December 7, 2007

Isolated. Poor beach access. Long walk to pool and all uphill return to only adequate housing. No restaurant. No effort made to make guests feel welcome , cared for or to accomodate any special needs. Incredibly poor services. I will never return to Tamarindo Cottages.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — staff cared nothing about comfort of guests
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with friends
5 Thank rhodie2
Louisvllle, Ky
Reviewed September 3, 2007

Got off the airplane and one of the hosts was at the airport to meet me with my rental jeep and keys to my bungalow. She gave me a map with all of the sites plainly marked as well as places to eat, shop, etc. I drove to the bungalow and found bottled water chilled in the "fridge" for me. The view was awesome! The air-conditioning in the room was frigid and the snorkeling some of the best I've seen. I met all of the hosts at the on property restaurant that night and we had a wonderful chat as I learned more about Culebra and the lifestyle there.
I will definitly go back again and when I do, I'll stay with my friends at Tamarindo Estates. Louisville, Ky

Riverside
Reviewed August 24, 2007

This will be brief. Culebra is wonderful: the people, the beach, the weather, the food; yet our hotel -bungalow, cottage, shack- was horrific. It was isolated, poorly maintained, and expensive. My family and I will most assuredly be returning to Puerto Rico, but I will never put my foot on anything associated with Tamarindo.

• Liked — View from the cottage
  • Disliked — value
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
4 Thank tmack98
Los Angeles
Reviewed August 9, 2007

From the top of a hillside down to a coral-strewn beach and some of the best snorkeling in the Caribbean, Tamarindo Estates gives you everything you need in Culebra. The casitas are funky but comfortable--and most importantly they are air conditioned. Down by the water there's also a restaurant in season (not open in the summer) and a swimming pool. You'll take a long, rutted road to get to Tamarindo, but by then you'll be used to potholes and ditches since all the roads on Culebra could use a good coat of asphalt. Recommended for families, friends or couples.

• Liked — It was private and allowed eating in.
  • Disliked — No maid service.
  • Stayed August 2007
1 Thank Laurahfc
Caribbean
Reviewed July 23, 2007

What you see in the internet is not what you actually get. The villas are tiny and the administration very unfriendly. Also, you have to walk a long way to reach the beach. My friends stayed in a private villa that also is a rental and they really got their money's worth. Culebra is beautiful though and we will go back, but we will not stay in Tamarindo Estates.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
3 Thank vacationnazi
Also consider these accommodations in or near Culebra
Club Seabourne
#6 of 19 in Culebra
Mamacitas Guest House
Mamacitas Guest House
#10 of 19 in Culebra

Been to Tamarindo Estates Beach Apartments? Share your experiences!