I proposed on the beach while staying here.
We rented a gas golf cart (cheaper than a jeep) and it was enough to get us through the massive potholes on the 15 min drive from the airport (going at 10 m/h).
We got our own secluded private beach cabin, it had some kitchen utilities, but was not stocked with all the required things we needed.
The place has a private beach which had some pretty amazing snorkeling, an no trespassers (non renters) allowed.
Our water was not running for a considerable portion of the trip which really sucked because we were cold and wet and dirty, and couldn't get clean. The managers let us use the shower at the other unoccupied cabin, but the issue was never really resolved since we only stayed there for only two nights. They said it had not happened before.
The house did not seem very well sealed, and I felt like the bugs outside would have no problems crawling in even if we closed all of the screens. Cleanliness wise it was just ok, but could have been a lot worse.
The view in the morning is pretty much to die for, I don't think you could find a better view if you went to heaven.
The bed was a little hard and not too comfortable, and a little squeaky.
Managers were nice, and hospitable though, and very helpful, they tried hard despite the facilities feeling a little run down / older.
It was hard to beat the price for all the benefits this place provided.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tamarindo Estates provides twelve 1-BR guest rental apartments on a remarkably virgin 60-acre estate, in the quiet and exclusive Tamarindo beach location, across from Culebra's Marine Reserve. It is nicely secluded, yet a short 5 to 7 minute drive to town, where restaurants, grocery, and other stores are located. The 12 guest apartments afford great views of the ocean while you relax and sit on the apartment's private, covered deck. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Tamarindo Estates Beach Cottages Hotel Culebra
- Tamarindo Estates Beach Hotel
- Tamarindo Estates Beach Resort