Tamarindo was a great place to stay if you know what you are getting yourself into. It should be mentioned that a car or golf cart is a must have unless you have gone grocery shopping and stocked up on water ahead of time. I would still rent a car either way though as there are so many great beaches on the island and it's nice to be able to get to them easily.
The private beach is amazing with lots of coral and fish. We even say rays at the private beach and Tamarindo Beach is right down the road where you can swim with the sea turtles.
The property manager Tom was fantastic and very helpful. The cottages themselves could use a little facelift, the beds could use new mattresses and we had a small problem with ants but the seclusion of the place was great and the experience overall was phenomenal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tamarindo Estates provides twelve 1-BR guest rental apartments on a remarkably virgin 60-acre estate, in the quiet and exclusive Tamarindo beach location, across from Culebra's Marine Reserve. It is nicely secluded, yet a short 5 to 7 minute drive to town, where restaurants, grocery, and other stores are located. The 12 guest apartments afford great views of the ocean while you relax and sit on the apartment's private, covered deck. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Tamarindo Estates Beach Cottages Hotel Culebra
- Tamarindo Estates Beach Hotel
- Tamarindo Estates Beach Resort