Coffee in the morning with a serene view of the water, followed by spectacular sunsets viewed every afternoon; the deck outside our room was a vacation destination by itself! The setting is tranquil and restful, the sounds of the birds are the loudest noise that you likely hear(except occasionally, as mentioned elsewhere, little dog can be annoying)... Snorkeling right off the beach at the end of the walkway to the pool, is amongst the best in the whole of the Carribean!
The accomodations are a basic, and the mattreses are somewhat less than luxurious, but the rooms are very clean... Although not far from town, a rental Jeep from Carlos, right near the airport, is almost a neccessity. Guests are best to stock up on food, bottled water, etc, in town prior to arraival... The road to the site is steep and rough and a bit difficult to travel, but adds a remote quality to the location that makes it even more wonderful!
Tamarindo Estates is not a five, nor even four star resort, but it a very well managed facility, staffed by really terrific caretakers, that that provides an unique experience for travelers who are nature orientated. After our second, week-long stay there, my wife and I are planning a third.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tamarindo Estates provides twelve 1-BR guest rental apartments on a remarkably virgin 60-acre estate, in the quiet and exclusive Tamarindo beach location, across from Culebra's Marine Reserve. It is nicely secluded, yet a short 5 to 7 minute drive to town, where restaurants, grocery, and other stores are located. The 12 guest apartments afford great views of the ocean while you relax and sit on the apartment's private, covered deck. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Tamarindo Estates Beach Cottages Hotel Culebra
- Tamarindo Estates Beach Hotel
- Tamarindo Estates Beach Resort