“Light kayaking, nice snorkeling; Nice to see another part of PR”

Kayaking Puerto Rico
Book In Advance
More Info
$65.79*
and up
Culebra Island Kayak and Snorkel Afternoon...
Ranked #3 of 17 Tours in Culebra
More attraction details
Owner description: Kayaking Puerto Rico is proud to offer the finest KAYAKING & SNORKELING excursions on the island! Winner of the Puerto Rico Tourism Company QUALITY AWARD, KPR specializes in professionally guided eco oriented trips across Puerto Rico’s Eastern Coast and Culebra Island.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed January 14, 2010

We rented a car for this one, after realizing that taxi prices from San Juan to the ferry dock in Fajardo would be more than the car... We arrived in Fajardo at 8:30 (an incredibly depressing place), parked in the lot (watch out for stray hungry dogs, bring $6), and found our tour guide, Alvin, easily. The ferry left at 9 (no idea if there were any lifejackets on board; bought dramamine from a vendor and was glad we did). It was fun and interesting to see Culebra, for sure. Although it was billed as a short (2/3 hr) excursion, it took all day. Luckily we didn't have other plans, but otherwise, I would have been upset to finally arrive back in Fajardo at 6PM.

We took an off-the-schedule trip to Flamenco Beach, which was beautiful, and had a chance to get some local (read: fried or meat) foods while we were there. Then it was back in the rickety van that drove us to our kayaking location. Alvin was very good, laid back, and informative. I've done much better snorkeling in other places (Hawaii was the best), and I'm not sure how much of this was due to the fact that large waves and rougher water prevented us from going to 'the usual spot' around the bend. We did paddle to and snorkel in two different locations, making sure not to disturb the wildlife (I was happy Alvin stressed this). He had a small snack and water for us and also took pictures the entire time (underwater and above the water!), which he later posted online (for FREE). Very nice bonus.

Bottom line: Enjoyable experience if you like kayaking and snorkeling or getting to check out other parts of the island; otherwise, not totally worth the drive from San Juan. Make sure to leave plenty of time for this 'half day' adventure.

All reviews
in 33 reviews
"colorful fish"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed December 20, 2009

I highly recommend this activity to people that are into nature-adventure stuff. The day of our trip the wind was a little strong, so the guides decided to change the route. They were still able to go with the schedule, two snorkeling stops and a beach stop. The snorkeling was "Incredible", we saw turtles, lots of fish, even a little Nurse Shark, and lots of nice healthy coral formations. Its nice to go to a place that gives you that give you that many great options. Adding to that, the guides are very knowledgeable and entertaining. They give you proper intructions and information before and during the trip, and they are always right next to you. Thanks Winok and company!

Reviewed December 12, 2009

When I saw the information for the Aquafari Culebra, I was immediately interested on this trip. I'm a kayaker and wanted to take a trip that will show me something diferrent and also I wanted to go to Culebra and I learned that it was hard to buy tickets to get there, but this guys have everything ready for you.
The guides are AWESOME! They were able to adjust to the diverse crowd on the trip, from experienced to beginners. The marine life is incredible. They also take pictures and then they post them on Facebook so you can enjoy them.
Thanks for every detail, We'll be back!

Reviewed December 8, 2009

My wife is not much for water sports (especially swimming around the ocean) but she loved this tour; She never once felt nervous which is really saying a lot. The trip is spaced out nicely. Once you arrive at Culebra, you ride a quick bus ride to Flamenco Beach where you can buy a quick lunch and swim around the beach. Flamenco Beach is not just any beach though; its by far the best I've ever been to....the water is like a swimming pool so clear you can see your feet. After Flamenco, you take another short bus ride to the launch site. At this point you hop in your kayak and head off to the snorkeling locations which are much the same as Flamenco; incredibly clear and warm enough to not cause a shiver. The reefs are wonderful; the fish are wonderful, its all quite remarkable and as I said from above; I'm wanting to go back for more. The only negative about the tour is that we had to rent a car from San Juan and drive ourselved to Fajardo (which was about an hour); then you have to catch the ferry which was about another hour or so. All in all you spend about 4 hours traveling to and from the launch site, 2 hours snorkeling, and 1 hour kayaking. I will say though that once you're there, you do (as someone else mentioned), quickly forget about the transportation issues. I would highly recommend this tour...tours like these are what make people come back to Puerto Rico for seconds.

See more reviews
Reviewed November 27, 2009

We soaked in the warm sun of Puerto Rico for 5 days, and the highlight of the trip was definitely the kayaking and snorkeling full day excursion in Culebra. Culebra was rated one of the top 10 beaches in the world, and oh my, it really does live up to its fame. The sand was powder soft, and the water crystal clear... perfect for snorkeling. The staff's expertise took us to the most amazing parts of the beach for the optimal snorkeling experience. It was also very educational, as we were also given information on the different sea life that we had the opportunity to see. The staff pointed out the sea creatures and even took numerous pictures for lasting memories.

We also had the opportunity to explore the El Yunque Rainforest with our expert guide Alvin. He was incredibly knowledgeable about the forest, its history, as well as the plants and indigenous creatures that inhabit the area. It was a rewarding, educational, and breathtaking experience.

I highly recommend these tours for those who intend to visit Puerto Rico.