“This is the place to party in Culebra”
Review of Dinghy Dock

Dinghy Dock
Ranked #2 of 40 Restaurants in Culebra
Cuisines: American, Puerto Rican
Good for: Bar scene, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating
“This is the place to party in Culebra”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Ended up running a tab of 200 coz if the awesome drinks. Great service, good location, decent food, and a really good evening.

Visited June 2014

• Finnish first
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Yummy dinner!”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

Had some local fish and seafood which was delicious.You also eat at the edge of the water with people arriving for dinner on their boats! Very entertaining to watch! Also a great bar scene!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank TinaKaia
Pittsburgh
“Mea Culpa”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

I wrote a review for Dinghy Dock on May 13 based on my experience up till then. It was a rather mediocre experience for the food. I actually spent a couple more weeks on Isla Culebra and had opportunity to visit Dinghy Dock several times since then. Based on the entire time, I feel my original assessment was not entirely accurate. What I found on later visits was that on Saturday Evenings there is a person who comes to entertain with live drumming, during which at times the customers spontaneously burst out in song to accompany him. This creates such an amazing communal feel that you are part of something even if you are there alone. While my dinner entrees were a,right, i found that you could order appetizers while sitting at the bar, of which the panko breaded grouper fingers were an option. They were really fantastic! I shocked one of the customers - a man from Norway living on his sailboat- who had arrived on his "dinghy" when I suggested the grouper fingers were "to die for". Taking me literally, he hesitated then after I had explained the expression to him, he ordered them and later laughingly agreed. The mix of people and the atmosphere really makes Dinghy Dock a special place, especially on Saturday drumming nights.

• Visited May 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Atmosphere, food, service - all tops.”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

I loved this restaurant. It's the kind of place you can easily fantasize that Jimmy Buffet might come in, cozy up to the bar, and order a drink alongside you.

There were four of us and we were allowed to choose our own seat, naturally we ate right on the dock and we could see the sharks swimming around. We all had a drink (fresh mango daquiris? yes please...) and ordered the ceviche. It was excellent. A friend ordered the clam chowder special and said it was amazing.

Fish on the menu was all fresh and prepared in different ways. Two of us had the tuna steak, one the grouper, and one the yellowtail special of the day. EVERYTHING was good and portions were large. I felt like the price fit the service and product we received. Our waiter was awesome.

• Visited June 2014
Melbourne, Florida
“Location, location, location”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Right in the bay, great food, great service and relatively cheap.
The black beans empanadas are to die for.! My favorite restaurant in the whole island. Went there twice in the 5 days that we stayed in the island.

Visited June 2014