“Fine dining”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Escanaba, Michigan
“Fine dining”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

The food here is superb, the new owners use to own mamacita's, dine on the dock and watch Tarpon play in the water next to you . Was very impressed with service and the food . Would highly recommend .

Visited March 2013

• Finnish first
Highland Park, New Jersey
“Happy vegetarian and fish observer”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Me and my girlfriend went here and we were very happy with it. If you're a vegetarian, they have a creative wrap that was one of the best veggie dishes I've ever had. It came with an amazing bean salad and plantains that were so-so. I really appreciated that. My girlfriend got a fried strawberry grouper. The server was incredible. Nicest server I'd met on the trip. His smile was wide and genuine. I had an amazing drink invented in Culebra. Unfortunately, I don't remember what it was called or what it consisted of. The atmosphere was great. The tarpon were amazing to view. There was also a fish bat that was flying through the lights. It was chilly though with the breeze, so bring a jacket. My other concern is that from what I've read, strawberry grouper is an endangered species. Now, I know that colloquial names of fish vary so I'm not sure that the species of fish that was served was endangered or not, but if it was, that would be a shame. If you get a taxi there, get a number, and arrange to get picked up after the meal. We had a tough time getting back to Flamenco campground at 9pm.

Cedar Rapids, Iowa, United States
“Nice atmosphere, good food”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

There were honestly not a lot of options on the Island for lunch, and the Dinghy Dock was a reasonably priced restaurant with good food and a nice atmosphere. If you are on the island you must have lunch here at least once just to see the large Tarpon. We ate lunch here twice and all of the food was well prepared, although the menu isn't highly refined. Their french fries were the best I've had in a long time. Service was fine.

Nova Scotia
“Excellent food and staff”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

As others have noted, the Dinghy Dock is open under new management. It has been cleaned up, repainted and has a totally new menu. We had lunch there a week or two back and it was excellent. Last night we had dinner there and again, it was excellent. I had ribs and there was enough for us to have a second dinner tonight with the left overs. Banana cream pie was perfect for dessert. My wife had the mahi mahi and said that it was the best she's had in Culebra (and we have eaten at many of the restaurants here)

memphis, TN
“Great little place”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Very interesting place on the water. Friendly crowd of folks, many seem like regulars who motor in on their dinghies from their boats just off the dock. Very nice staff and a good selection of food and drinks.

Visited March 2013