“Nice”

Dining options: Dinner
Concord, California
“Nice”
Reviewed March 26, 2011

She was by far the nicest person on the island. The food was really good--we were the only ones there. The ONLY thing that bothered me was the fact that about 12 cats were around our table, touching our legs, etc. They looked sickly. It was August and there were also just a lot of bugs outside. However, she was very genuine and told us a lot of interesting things about Culebra! I would go back simply because she runs the place.

• Visited August 2010

Euclid, Ohio
“The most unusual restaurant we ever dined at.”
Reviewed March 10, 2011

It reminded us of those quaint places of years ago, a home converted into a restaurant with really good food. That is exactly what BarbaraRosa's is. An outdoor patio dining area and you walk in to a living room/lounge and that's where the order counter is. Barbara is the one that takes your order, cooks it and calls you when it's ready. A one gal show!

We sat and watched television while we waited for our food. It was very comfortable and relaxing. The food was not fancy, although my husband had a marinara dish that was really spectacular in taste. But the portions are huge! I had crab bisque, just heavenly and fresh tuna, I think caught locally, it was cooked to perfection and had a Teriyaki sauce on top. And the price was very reasonable.

It was one of our favorite places in Culebra. Mamacita's was also very good. One thing about BarbaraRosa's is you bring your own beer or wine. The only thing bad, they were closed on our last night.

• Visited March 2011
Wyoming
“Not as good as I expected from reviews.”
Reviewed January 18, 2011

The owner was charming and very friendly but the food didn't live up to the previous reviews. We only ate here once.

Visited January 2011
Longview, Texas
“Highly recommend!”
Reviewed August 12, 2010

Both my wife and I enjoyed the food, the setting, and the comradeship of Barbara Rosa. I believe I had the seafood and noodles dish. You enter her house and order at the window into the kitchen. Barbara takes your name, and then you can sit in the living room to watch tv, or go out to the front porch for a table. She calls out your name, you retrieve your dish, and enjoy. Great key lime pie too. No waiters to tip or busboys, just the one and only Barbara Rosa. (dined two weeks ago)

Charlottesville, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome!”
Reviewed July 18, 2010

This place is what you make of it. I loved it. My friends and I bought a few bottles of wine and some beers, brought them on ice to Barbara Rosa's, and placed our order. It is a really cool concept, you go up and order, pick it up, buss your own dishes, and then pay. The meals were amazing, large portions, and fresh seafood. Think of it as a picnic with delicious hot food, but you bring the drinks. Much cheaper than other places, and really good food. Definitely try this place! The desserts were really good too, key lime pie and a brownie Sunday!