“Dinner”

Caracoles Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 41 Restaurants in Culebra
Description: Caracoles Restaurant is unique in the way that it offers a homely/romantic environment. Thus allowing for families and groups to come together as well as couples how would like a quite getaway and be a part of our exquisite culinary experience.
Reviewed July 1, 2018 via mobile

Friends spent time in Culebras. Came to dinner hear. Appetizers of tuna tartare, mero ceviche, and conch salad were amazing. Fresh fried snapper with mamposteo rice.

Reviewed June 18, 2018

Ate two amazing meals at Caracoles the second week of June. The restaurant has a beautiful interior, fantastic service, and comfortable/yet classy atmosphere. The owner and staff are very friendly and provided fantastic service. Very much the type of service you would expect at a stateside restaurant.
The tuna tartar appetizer was out of this world. The best dish I had on the island, followed closely by the lamb chops I had on my next visit. Also had a very good sesame crusted seared tuna and very good sangria. Overall, truly fantastic. Please support this new restaurant, it's a must while on the island.

Reviewed June 14, 2018 via mobile

Our daughter (3 yrs old) loved the fish tank, the staff was more attentive than any other restaurant on the island, the food was wonderful. Their menu is not extensive but everything we ordered was excellent (especially the tuna tar tar appetizer). It is a very nice but relaxed environment. Overall best restaurant experience on the island.

Reviewed May 29, 2018 via mobile

We called for Reservation & they took our info... it was no difficulty, not as it was for the other place nearby where we had to call 3 days before without success. We had a very good time. Very cozy and calm ambiance. Daisy was our server and she was so nice to us.

For starter we had the fried calamari, it was fresh (not from a frozen bag); very tender, flashed fried with a delicate breading that made each piece a delicious bite. I took a pic to the last 3 pieces, though it was a plateful!

For entrees my husband had the mignon steak. It was perfectly cooked as requested and delicious, with sautéed asparagus and potatoes.

I had grilled lobster & requested a bed of fettuccine in butter because didn’t want the mash of cassava... they served it as requested and it was delicious. It had a delicate taste of cilantro and herbs that just was perfect.

Last, we had the fried cheesecake & didn’t mind the cals... it was so good! Of course we had a bottle of sparkling wine to cheer up our night. Overall, we had a great time. The owner greeted us, as well as the Chef. Very nice, humble, hardworking people. Cost was worth it!

Reviewed April 16, 2018

First of all, we tried to call by the phone number they added all over the island (you will see it on the electricity posts on the road) but the phone number was apparently wrong, so I had to look up at trip advisor (of course...) to find the one...

Giving what I was told, I was expecting a fancy restaurant with amazing presentation and service. Instead, I found a poor restaurant decoration and not so good service, I felt the waiter wanted to finishes us asap. I didn't feel I was in a very good restaurant, I felt I was in a normal restaurant.

The food was good, not amazing. We shared first a tuna tartar starter, really good, I'd say the best thing we had for diner. As a main, I had coconut shrimp and it was really tasty. I could notice the curry sauce and I recommend the plate, a bit pricy though... My wife had grilled snapper, and I could notice it was a bit dry.

I am just being picky b/c the bill was over $100 for two people with three glasses of (the cheapest) wine, one starter, two mains and 1 desert. They day before we paid the half for the same food in El Eden.