“Great food. Nice setting. No fans, no air, mosquito hell”
Review of Susie's restaurant

Susie's restaurant
Ranked #6 of 40 Restaurants in Culebra
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great food. Nice setting. No fans, no air, mosquito hell”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

The gf and I loved this place. Susie really needs to hire some help and upgrade a few amenities.
Lawn chair furniture needs to go. Mosquito attack zone needs some fumigating. It's impossible to enjoy dinner on the patio (the only seating) without getting bombarded with mosquito armies. No fans, hot as hell. Long waits if busy. We get that it's a one person operation but it really needs a facelift ! Great food. Just wear body armor or take it to go.

• Visited March 2014

Hanalei, Hawaii
“The best on Culebra”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Oh Susie's. The atmosphere is amazing with the open air restaurant. The food was amazing. The people that work there are some of the best people on the island. I met the owner Susie herself she was very friendly and got to have a long talk with her she was a very very kind woman. While dining there with a party of eight others I had met on the island I was able to try numerous dishes prepared by Susie's chefs and it was some of the best food I've ever had. I particularly liked the chicken breast served on top of mashed potatoes with an amazing sauce. Quite possibly the best meal I've ever had. Everything had a lot of flavor. This restaurant is one of the nicer ones on the island is great for a dinner out or a large party or reception.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank SunnyBeachDay
Westminster, Maryland
“Best food ever in my life”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Susie's is truly one of a kind. The food is AMAZING....the best I've ever had. The staff was very nice and friendly. The service wad excellent and the atmosphere has such a charming ambiance. The best appetizers were the African Pepperdews stuffed with asiago cheese and prosciutto with smoked sausage, and the salmon tartare with mashed avocados. The portion sizes were more than enough and the dessert choices were excellent. Highly recommend the double chocolate cake! We dined at Susie's twice because it was so good, and can't wait to go back!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Abbey B
Richmond, Virginia
“Enjoyed our visit”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Good food that was well prepared. Hopefully the addition will help on rainy nights. We were there on a rainy night, but the staff helped up find dry seating and everything was ok.

Visited April 2014
Austin
“Amazing food, great atmosphere!”
Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

Having dinner at Susie's is a MUST when visiting Culebra. The atmosphere is wonderful, staff is courteous, and food is AMAZING. The crema de yuca is to die for. My husband and I ate here the night we got engaged and again 2 days before our wedding on Playa Flamenco. We met Susie at the later visit and she was so sweet.