“Great food and service, will never forget!”

Mamacitas Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #1 of 1 Nightlife in Culebra
More attraction details
Owner description: Caribbean style restaurant open 7 days a week. We specialize in American, Puerto Rican & Seafood.
Reviewed January 25, 2014

We have spent 4 days in Culebra with the luck to choose Mamacita's on the first day for our lunch. Didn't go anywhere else afterwards (thus have no comparison on the island), we were so satisfied with all the food, the service and the atmosphere.
The stake is the best not only in Puerto Rico but one of the bests we have ever had (that is quite surprising from such a small restaurant!). Also try Mofongo with sea food and all the delicious coctails they have!
Yes, there is a difference in lunch and dinner menu/prices but we didn't regret any penny we spent here.
Keep up the good work and gracias guys for all your kindness, we hope to return some day! :)

Reviewed January 20, 2014

I live on the island of Culebra and I haven't been to the new Mamacitas since the change in ownership. The review is based on my personal experience dining at the restaurant on a Monday night and the food was superb!!! The prices are a little on the high end, but, no more different than many other restaurants on the island. Our dinner for 4 with appetizers, entree, dessert, bottle of wine and other cocktails came to $200.00 (so, not too bad).

We ordered the Ceviche (which was perfectly seasoned and the fish was extremely fresh), lobster croquette (served with a guava sauce) and the jalopeno poppers. All three were very good and the portion was right for the 4 of us. For dinner I ordered the Mahi Mahi with lemon butter and the rice and beans. The rice was perfect and the beans was hearty and delicious. The mahi mahi was flaky and perfectly seasoned. My partner ordered the Yuca mofongo stuffed with shrimp and it was fantastic!!! Our friends ordered the seared tuna with sweet soy glaze and the Ribeye steak. The tuna was seared to perfection and the taste was fantastic. The steak was cooked medium as requested by my other friend.

The bottle of wine (Shiraz from Concha y Toro) was $25.00. The appetizers could be on the cheaper side, but overall, I recommend Mamacitas to anyone visiting Culebra. I'd say my experience tonight was that the food was better than many other places on the island. Go try it out

4  Thank Marcos F
Reviewed January 10, 2014

We like the food and service very much! The price is much better for lunch, but pricey for dinner. The location is great, you can see the ocean canal and boats passing by. They have few vegetarian options. I wish they had whole grain alternatives, like brown rice, whole wheat wraps and pasta.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

This place was under new management when we went there, it was as good if not better than it was rated before . You can sit right by the water and watch tarpen play in the lighted water. If your lucky like we were a green sea turtle paid visit . Would highly recommend this place for the entire family . Just watch your young ones so they don't go swimming with the fishes .

1  Thank Bill L
See more reviews
Reviewed September 11, 2013

The place is beautiful and the positive side is that when everything else is closed in Culebra you can count on Mamacita's being open.

However, the food is pricey and not a good value for your money. We ordered penne pasta with shrimp and alfredo sauce. The shrimp were of the pre-frozen kind, the sauce was right out of a jar- the dish was ok, certainly eatable when everything else in the island is closed, but nothing to write home about. Our other dish was the steak with Chimuchurri sauce, and, again, it was fine, but not great.

I understand that prices are a bit higher on Culebra due to the transportation costs, but for the quality of the food received the dishes were definitely overpriced.