“A good experience”

Courtyard Aguadilla
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Aguadilla
“A good experience”
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

I was celebrating my anniversary so is a great place ti be so quiet and peaceful at the west of the island. The only problem was the food is so far from the hotel and the restaurant is not the best. The pool is an excellent place for little children's

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank socosmoyllon
Carlos R, General Manager at Courtyard Aguadilla, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Thank you for taking out of your time to fill out this survey. Your comments are very
Important and very helpfull for us. You as our guest and now part of Courtyard by Marriott
Family are our priority, reason why We want thank you for your buisness and
Hope to see you soon again. Now that you have my email you can contact me at
Any time.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Carolina, Puerto Rico
Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

I stayed for almost a week. I requested a quiet room in the back building, which they gave me. The room was clean and well stocked. Common areas were clean and there were staff taking good care of these areas.

The front desk staff was very attentive and helpful.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Ocean City
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel once a year for the past 5 years while visiting Puerto Rico. I am a Marriott Rewards Platinum member, and have always been made to feel appreciated by the staff. The front desk staff are always very friendly, and as helpful as can be. I have always been given a very nice room. The rooms have been clean, and nicely decorated. On each visit I have eaten in the hotel's restaurant. The food has always been real fresh and tasty. Nice size portions at moderate prices. The hotel also has a large pool area which is well maintained. There is also a nice casino right on the premises. The hotel is also located within minutes of some of the most beautiful beaches in Puerto Rico. Also minutes away is one of the most scenic golf courses on he island. Considering the facilities, and the surrounding area, the pricing at this hotel is extremely reasonable. Great value.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for the second time and both experiences has been awful. The rooms aren't clean, the bathrooms are noticeable dirty. The air conditioner had a leak and the room smelled like humid all the time. Housekeeping is pretty slow, at 4pm my room still without a clean towel.

Definitively not recommended, not worth money unless they fix their maintenance issues.

Sad, because is very close to the airport and had a nice pool area for kids.

The restaurant is very good!!

Stayed December 2013
3 Thank ALR-PR
Carlos R, General Manager at Courtyard Aguadilla, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Thank you for contacting us and letting us know your concerns about your stay with us. I have adressed your comments to Hotel Staff inorder for all of us as a team make sure we take care of these issues you have informend us.
Once again I apologize for the issues you went threw and I can assure you, correction action has been implemented, and future guest wont go threw the same experience.
Again thankyou for choosing Courtyard by Marriott Aguadilla.

Travelers are raving about these Aguadilla hotels

Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed January 17, 2014

We stayed one night at this hotel during our Caribbean Trek in a small airplane, it is very close to the airport.
The lobby is extremely noisy between the pool very loud music and the Casino very loud music.
The rooms are spacious and very comfortable.
The cafeteria is average.
It has laundry facilities.
Very friendly and helpful shuttle drivers

Room Tip: There was no noticeable noise in our room, however our friend's which was closer to the pool, wa...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Puerto Rico
Reviewed December 25, 2013

As a platinum member I expect much of the Marriotts. I stayed with my rewards certificate in early Dec 2013 and wrote a review where the manager wrote directly to me to get the problems solved, stayed again last week and ran into more issues, left my number to the manager and to date havent gotten a call. First of all, as a platinum member, i never recieved any gift, my room keys stopped working (as it seems it does so for many people) they dont really appreciate the platinum members, so it seems worthless to be one at this hotel. The front desk young lady was rude to my guests whom I bought in to review this hotel for his blog page...(that was quiet embarressing). The hotel seems to be breaking down over the past 3 years that Ive been staying there due to lack of mantenance to the guest rooms! Seems the head housekeeper doesnt check the room as a whole to report any mishaps and if she/he does, it falls on death ears. I tried to talk to the manager, but that didnt fall through as well. Seems they didnt like hearing complaints-no one does, but it is only to make this wonderful place better. Its in the right spot with the wrong people running it. Hopefully Ill make another visit and things will be better (but i doubt it). "Mom and Pop" hotels in the area seem to be making more of a stand than this name brand hotel, they will have better prices, much better customer service and they do pamper their guests. Sorry but this is a "thumbs down", and i did give them a 2nd chance!

Room Tip: Look for other hotels around the area.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Gypsy P
Chandler, AZ
Reviewed December 14, 2013

As Platinum Marriott members, we stayed here for 1 night using an e-certificate and had a good night's rest. We received a bottled water and snacks for our Platinum arrival gift, free breakfast vouchers for 2, and a large updated king suite.

There are several photos around the building and in the restaurant of the old Air Force base which are neat to see.

We didn't use the casino or the swimming pools due to our short stay, but both looked fun. While the hotel is not on the beach, Playa Crashboat is a short drive away and is quite a nice beach.

The hotel was very quiet which was great since we were exhausted from our travel day.

We enjoyed our breakfast, food and service were great.

The front desk staff was helpful with activities in the area.

Highly recommend a day trip to Playa Crashboat, El Combate and Playa Sucia -- we stopped here on our way to Ponce for our second night.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aguadilla
Parador El Faro
Parador Villas del Mar Hau
Villa Cofresi Hotel
Villa Cofresi Hotel
#1 of 7 in Rincon

Been to Courtyard Aguadilla? Share your experiences!