“Service was awful”

Courtyard Aguadilla
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Aguadilla
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

I will make it short and sweet. The kids pool was closed my entire stay. My room wasn't cleaned for 2 days. I was not able to get in hotel because my key didn't work I was stuck outside in the rain with 2 kids. The hallways had a weird odor to them.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Milagros M

Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

We stayed several days at this property. The room was clean with high ceilings. We liked the ceiling fan and in room refrigerator.

We wished the pool was open later. It closes at 8 and needed swept everyday we were there. Also, there were never towels available where they should have been. We had to hunt around and ask different employees for them. The one day towels were filled, about 50 were left out in the rain, and were completely soaked through.

Be aware that parking is $8 per day. We're not sure why the charge, as it's not a downtown hotel in a major city and there is more than enough spaces available. During the day, the lot is virtually empty and fills in the evening with locals coming to the casino. They don't stay and don't pay a dime to park, while paying overnight guests have to pay the fee. That's ridiculous.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank BlueBassBoat
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I recently stayed in your hotel. I stayed with my family three days and two nights the service was excellent everything starting when I made the reservation, the reservations agents where very helpful they my deduction of my stay very easy. When I got to the hotel the security guards they directed me to the front desk. The front desk agent where as delighted as ever they even gave me a complimentary drink and they gave my kids complimentary chocolate chips from David cookies. I would always consider your hotel for a future vacation. Thank you for such a great service.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Yarii-14
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Me and my family recently visited your hotel and let me just say we had an amazing time. First i made the reservation, the service was excelent they explained everything with details. When we arrived it was not check in time but the front desk held our luggage while we maid use of the facilities. I can definetly reassure that we will be coming back for a future vacation.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I must say I've been to Marriott locations all over the world for several years and the bar service and ambiance at Aguadilla Marriott is second to none. Joy, Xavier and Pabon make the experience exceptional. I've been at Marriotts in Europe, Asia, USA, Australia, Hawaii, South America, & Central America and Aguadilla is just so unique, warm and the most hospitable I've experienced in over 5 years of staying at Marriott locations. I hope Marriott recognizes this talent and rewards such exemplary service. As a platinum member I can say they stand out. Whom ever is managing these bartenders cheers to you.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank dandmale
Reviewed August 20, 2013

This time the hotel gave me a clean and quiet room. Everything worked and the a/c was not noisy. The common areas were clean too. If you need a quiet room, ask for any room facing away from the swimming pool and away from the casino. Parking lot spaces are tight with some visitors mis-parking their cars.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Overall I really enjoyed staying here.

Pros: pool area is fantastic for children. Staff is very friendly and very accommodating...especially the bar staff.

Cons: the restaurant is a little pricey for the amount that you get, but the food was pretty good. The pool closes right around dusk. It would be great if the pool could stay open until around 10. I'm a Texas Hold'em poker player, so the 3-card poker was a little different.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aguadilla
Parador El Faro
Holiday Inn Mayaquez & Tropical Casino
Royal Isabela
Royal Isabela
#1 of 6 in Isabela

Been to Courtyard Aguadilla? Share your experiences!