“Old hospital turned hotel...neat but nothing special.”

Courtyard Aguadilla
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Aguadilla
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Stayed at the Courtyard and it was nice, but nothing to write home about. The staff was friendly, the rooms were ok, but the thought of sleeping in an old Air Force Hospital was a bit odd. The food was basic and the casino appears to attract older locals. There is a pool play area for kids and that seemed nice but no place for my lap swim. Will likely stay at a different place next time I go to the west side of Puerto Rico.

Room Tip: Ask to stay away from the casino.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Aguadilla

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Comfortable stay but could have been better. No air conditioning in room. Geard weird noises. Pool overcrowded w kids...young kids w no supervision. Upon ret fr trip we complained again to upper mgt. They placed points on our membership w their points.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 30, 2013

We stayed three days and two nights. Wished it was longer. My kids loved the kiddy pool. Believe me, I have stayed in lots of hotels which say are topnoch and are a nightmare. Employees here are so nice and helpful. All our requests were granted. You know that when you travel with kids sometimes it could be stressful. Our room was spacious and immaculate. Dinner was fantastic. We ordered a lobster dinner and tasted delicious...big bucks $$$ but the best of the best. Highly recommend the Marriott Courtyard in Aguadilla.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I stood here for 2 nights in November 2012 for a convention. First nights dinner we waited almost 20 minutes for a drink . Later that night again waited forever at the casino bar for one as well. The casino is what keeps this place alive. The front desk staff was great ! The waiters and bartenders were spaced out . One looked high. Close to the beach that's it. I would never return here. Save your money to many nice places to waste your time here.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevator .
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ThisRicanGetsAround
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I spent eight days there on business and it was ok. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. The housekeeping staff was great somedays and just ok on others. There is a casino there if you're into that type of thing and they have live music on the weekends. The parking lot fills up on the weekend so keep that in mind. They have a restaurant that serves breakfast (buffet), lunch and dinner. The buffet is a little overpriced and the one day I went the selection didn't match the price. The dinner there is very good. Still over priced but I'm willing to pay more if it's good. Anyway, people don't usually eat at hotels for their bargain prices so it comes with the territory. The room I had did not have a fridge but it's my understanding that some rooms do. There was no microwave either. My room was right next to the pool so if you plan on spending a lot of time in your room and you like peace and quite, ask for a room away from the pool. On the flip side, if you have kids the pool is spectacular and the kids will love it. What stuck out the most for me was the wireless internet. I've stayed at a lot of hotels and this hotel had the best internet I've ever experienced. My advice is when you book your room, be specific about what you want. If you want a fridge ask for one, if you want to be away from the noise (casino, pool), ask for it. I didn't because I didn't know any better and I still had a pretty decent stay. I would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 21, 2013

You don't have many options on the "high end" in Aguadilla and the CourtYard by Marriott is probably as close as you're going to come. Basic layout: there's an attached Casino, front desk with "pantry" items for sale, wireless internet throughout (which works well), coffee bar and lounge area adjacent to reception, a decent sit-down restaurant, and a nice pool/water play area for the kids. I found the rooms to be clean and in fair shape. I would prefer to be able to open the room windows for some fresh air, but, sadly, they've all been permanently bolted shut. AC works well, but is on the noisy side as it's the type that's built into the wall below the window.

Slight bit of history, this property was once the Air Force Hospital when the airport and surrounding areas were Ramey Air Force Base. Base was closed in the early 70's, but the property still looks and feels like a mid-century hospital. Everything appears to have been recently updated.

AT&T worked well here (5 bars + LTE). Hotel is less than 5 minutes from the airport (BQN -- ICAO: TJBQ)

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Stayed at the hotel for one night--redeemed points. Paying $150 plus taxes would put this hotel in the "not a great value proposition" category, but there is not a whole lot of alternatives in the area. The hotel itself is nice, but do ask for the room in the add-on wing--and with the windows facing away from the airfield. We had window facing the airport and while there aren't that many flights to/from the airport, there was one early in the morning and it did wake us up. The AC works well, if a little noisy. Rooms are clean, amenities are by Paul Mitchell and everything else is pretty standard. The pool hours are 8 to 8, which is rather strange, especially since it's warm at night and it would be really nice to take a dip in the cool waters. Check-in/out is a little slow, but this is Puerto Rico, so just go with it. Parking is weird...there is a rate schedule--by the hour (starting at $1.25/hr, I believe) and a full-day rate for the hotel guests ($8.00)...however, the ticket machine doesn't work and it says that "no ticket is required". Since I wasn't charged for parking there, I'm assuming it's free, at least for hotel guests...but don't be surprised if it isn't.

Room Tip: Add-on wing, windows facing away from the airport.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aguadilla
Parador El Faro
Villa Cofresi Hotel
Villa Cofresi Hotel
#1 of 7 in Rincon
Parador Villas del Mar Hau

Been to Courtyard Aguadilla? Share your experiences!