“Continuing to disappoint”

Courtyard Aguadilla
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Aguadilla
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I said I wouldn't go back but circumstances for work put me back at the Marriott. The weekday breakfast buffett is still gross after numerous times that I have sent iformation to the corporate offices. The room I had this time was not cleaned during the day, no maid service at all. Glad I only stayed two nights. I tried to have dinner when I got in at 10pm but was told the kitchen was closed. Yet, when I tried the bar in the casino, could order cooked food from the "closed" kitchen. That's customer service island style. In the three times that I have stayed there for work, only one time did I have a room with a fully functioning AC unit but at least this time I had a wash cloth. Small victories at the worst Marriott that I have ever stayed in.

Room Tip: Choose a room at the Villa Montana up the road.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
6  Thank Kelly H

Reviewed June 30, 2012

It was very difficult to get an invoice for my business expenses. I went to Marriot's website and they don't have invoices available. I asked the front desk to send me an invoice when I left. They never did. I called for them to send me an invoice. They didn't.
On the third try they put me on hold for 5 minutes and never came back. I asked for the Manager. There was no Manager I was told. On a Saturday? In a very busy hotel?
Also, no wi-fi in the rooms. The elvator's light broken and another guest and I noticed the elevator took literally minutes to come up. Also, slow service in the restuarant.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
6  Thank Julio C
Reviewed June 20, 2012 via mobile

This is the second time i stayed in this hotel. The first time the experience was an average but this time was awful. The room was dirty, the bathroom was worst. I requested to change the bathtub curtains and the service employee said that the didn't have clean curtains. The curtains of the bathtub was very dirty, with stain, i hate dirty bathrooms. Neither was clean towels. I also requested them and the employee gave me one towel at 8 pm. In overall this hotel is overrated. I was crazy to go home. :-(

• Stayed: June 2012
9  Thank Sym722
Reviewed June 15, 2012

A warning regarding the pool. Management now closes the pool at 8pm. So if choosing the hotel for this Purpose, you should consider that. After 9am, the pool has no shade. This was a letdown for our kids! They came on holiday to swim.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Enrique76champ
Reviewed June 8, 2012

The hotel used to be the old USAF Hospital at the former Ramey Air Force Base.

I stayed for business for almost two weeks. The hotel was packed of local school classes celebrating their proms and graduation pool parties with their families. The entire hotel was noisy and dirty. There were school groups one after the other. I was given a room with a view to the swimming pool and staying in the room was unbarable during daytime due to DJs at the pool area. Housekeeping missed making up the room for a couple of days. There were not enogh towels for everyone, I ended up receiving gym towels for the room. Common areas such as hallways and elevators were very dirty with trash and food droppings, needing attention.

The RB Restaurant service and quality is poor. I was given a rotten lettuce leaf in my hamburger. I told the manager and he send me another set of lettuce leaves. They ony offered a complimentary desert. In the same meal, the fries were poorly fried and the onion rings were soggy and full of grease. In every seating I went to the RB restaurant, the staff took forever to serve, regardless if it was just a plate of chicken wings or a full meal. The class parties had priority for food service. I ended up eating elsewere.

The elevator broke down but was fixed quickly. When calling Front Desk, no one answered because they were too busy. There is no quick checkout option. Check-In, Check-Out takes too long. The Coin Laundry washers in the main building broke, so people went to an outside laundromat to do their laundry. There are no bell staff to help you with luggage, which is sometimes a long trip from your room to carry it.

Overall, rooms are fine, bedding is great, but service and cleanliness needs immediate action. This hotel is the only chain franchise and the most expensive one in Aguadilla, and this is why this hotel is the chioce for the area. They are resting too much on this,and eventually will cost them bad fi they do not act up and improve their cleanliness and customer service.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the Pool area, and also away from the main parking lot. Rooms in the annex...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
6  Thank enatal
Reviewed May 31, 2012 via mobile

Elevators out of order. Poor customer service. Don't like how room smell. Cleaning improvements needed.

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank Maelo76
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I really enjoyed the hotel. The room was nice, clean and very roomy; the front desk staff was very cordial and helpful. The pool area was very family friendly. The fitness center was excellent. Only problem I had no wifi in the room. The restaurant was OK service was very inconsistent. I had a male waiter one morning who told me I could not order from the menu al carte. That I had to have the 13 dollar continental buffet because they were full capacity; it was odd because there were only 20 cars in the parking lot and I was the only soul in the restaurant at 6:40 am. I had ordered from the menu the two previous mornings.
Over all I would recommend this place to anyone who has to travel to the area in business or with family. Visit nearby Isabella only 3 miles away they have some excellent beachside little bars and restaurants, True gems.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room with pool view.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aguadilla
Parador El Faro
Villa Cofresi Hotel
#1 of 7 in Rincon
Holiday Inn Mayaquez & Tropical Casino
Howard Johnson Inn Downtown Mayaguez PR

Been to Courtyard Aguadilla? Share your experiences!