“A very reliable and consistent Hotel”

Courtyard Aguadilla
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Aguadilla
Reviewed March 12, 2012

I find this Hotel to be very consistent in its excellent, well kept, clean and pleasant place to stay. The staff are well trained and appear very happy to be working there. After a hard day sunning on the beach or enjoying the vista's around the area it is a nice place to return to. The chef is very good and his speciality is one of my favorites..Arroz Mampostiao, which my wife and I usually have with other accompaniments for lunch. They pretty much have the monopoly on upscale Hotels in the area and it's nice to see that they maintain a very high standard.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank CliveGCT

Reviewed March 9, 2012

I stayed at the Courtyard Aguadilla from February 6th through the 10th on a work related visit. The room was very spacious, clean and the internet service worked very well. The casino was located on-site, and had both slot machines and table games. The hotel is located near a few nice surfing beaches (wilderness, Ocean front, & Boat Wreck beach). I would recommend this hotel if you need to visit this area of PR.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 29, 2012

I realize this used to be a hospital but it still feels like one. The pool is strictly a "kiddie" pool. No ambiance. The restaurant is like a Denny's. The whole area will be skipped next time. Don't like staying on a military base.

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank leisuresusie
Reviewed February 12, 2012

To be fair, I like Marriott. I can feel confident that the beds will be good and the bedding clean. I currently have Marriott Gold so I was shocked when I checked in today to be given this tiny cramped dark hole and told it was my room. There was less than 5 feet between the wall and the bed on every side. The "window" was 5 feet up and had a view of a wall with chipped paint. I went back to the desk and requested a room with a view and was given a room that feels twice the size with a nice view of the pool. I am a little worried about the sound of the waterpark pouring all night.

Room Tip: Stay away from room 329
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Kelly H
Reviewed February 7, 2012

Living in Aguadilla, we have often gone to the Marriott for dinner and the casino, and once we lost power, we stayed in the hotel...very mediocre...refrigerator was broken, bed was extremely uncomfortable. The resturant is OK....save your money and head out to One Ten Thai or Cocina Creativa...better food and a better price and the service is excellent, in stark contrast to the Marriott. Casino isnt much better, music is always TOO LOUD.
Better to book a condo for your vacation.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kim c
Reviewed January 29, 2012

Celebrated my sister's birthday at this hotel. Everything was so nice. Location, staff was very friendly, nice place to eat, rooms were excellent. Their casino was super, live band was outstanding. Then, so close to Ramey's golf course and Crash Boat Beach.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 28, 2012

I would ideally like to give it 3 1/2 stars, but since the rating system won't allow it, the hotel gets 3 stars due to my personal experience which many others probably won't have. The hotel is pretty much what you want from a Courtyard but it is in a building that used to be an old military hospital which means the room layouts (at least mine) are not optimal for a hotel. I am in a wheelchair and although I did not specify an accessible room, I have never before had issues with accessibility in the walking space around the bed but this time I could not move around the room at all. Luckily, I could get next to my bed since it was right beside the door. Since I was traveling with my father for just an overnight stay, it wasn't worth switching rooms. I had reserved a 2 bedroom suite and was a bit surprised by the layout. The 1st “bedroom” doesn't have a door and is basically just an adjacent area to the sitting area. The 2nd room has a door (due to be old building, the doors were just wide enough for my chair but not by much) but is very long and narrow with 2 large comfortable beds. The ceilings are incredibly high and the windows are higher than normal which meant I could just barely see out of them, but couldn't look down. The bathroom was very small compared to other Courtyards I have stayed in. Admittedly, an able-bodied person shouldn't have my issues and would probably give the hotel a 4 out of 5.

Other than the room, the staff were courteous and helpful. Check-in and check out went smoothly. We arrived late at night and the restaurant was closing but they let us in and served us. The club sandwich was good. The hotel's furnishing look almost brand-new, well-kept and pretty clean everywhere. The floor was a very nice tile. The Marriott bedding has always been one of my favorites and we slept very well in the comfortable beds. The lobby has a David's Cookies, business center, lounge area with television, and Wi-Fi. The casino is open 24/7 and had live music at the bar. We didn't play but just walked through to check it out.

The location isn't the best for tourists but then again if you are staying here, it's probably for business, or some other reason other than leisure so it shouldn't affect you much.

I would probably recommend the hotel to someone if they were looking for a place to stay in the specific town.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aguadilla
Parador El Faro
#1 of 7 in Rincon
Royal Isabela
Royal Isabela
#1 of 6 in Isabela

Been to Courtyard Aguadilla? Share your experiences!